MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #808E
Hot take: Sparky Sparkeroni is worse than Spike. At least Spike could talk and do things. Sparky is just a baby.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
See the thing is with sparky there the first inclusion to their being other species still in g5 so it’s interesting to see and know more. With flurry Heart she more of hurt the lore in a way of a already established races
Background Pony #369F
@CORDZ2000
Problem though is that Sparky doesn’t talk, like Flurry Heart.
Yes, it’s disrespectful, but tbf, if he did talk, maybe there wouldn’t be a comparison.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Hmm… Okay, I can understand that. But… Don’t we already have enough “proper” characters!? I mean, I’ve been in the fandom long enough to know that baby characters aren’t really everyone’s cup of tea. And I respect that too (though I disagree).
However, the little dragon has done nothing but push Hitch as an adoptive father so far. A character trait that I personally very much welcome. Not only that we have with G5 a male protagonist, but he is also established (contrary to Fluttershy) as a father figure.
Now hit me blue and maybe I deserve it. But… Isn’t that… good? I mean, we’ve been discussing the pros and cons of masculinity for years. And not all forms of masculinity equal toxic masculinity. So why shouldn’t Hitch be allowed to cut a good figure as a single father?
Well, we could now discuss the last TYT episode “who’s your daddy?” was a really good line. In my eyes, this character grows even more so that he gets his hooves painted and raises a dragon orphan. I mean, how cute and cool is that?
Personally, I think MLP G5 is going down a path here that may not be immediately obvious and/or pleasing to everyone. But as far as I can see, I think the Hitch & Sparky combo makes perfect sense and is endearing. But that’s just my opinion. ;-)
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@DarkObsidian
yeah i found it to be a good path for hitch, sparky actually enhances character beyond feeling like merchandise. I’ll argue cloudpuff is more of not meaningful
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #808E
Well that’s an unfair take for a lot of reasons, with the most important one being what you said: Sparky is just a baby and Spike is a kid. That’s like saying Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake suck cause they’re babies and don’t act like the CMC.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide