Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Report site bugs here

byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@wumbl3
Whoever created the animation used non-square pixels (ffs, why). The video dimensions are legitimately 1080x1080 and the player direction is to display at an anamorphic aspect ratio of 76:135.
@Background Pony #62CA
That was actually a different bug which I am fairly confident is now fixed
Background Pony #62CA
@byte[]
I can’t tell from the issue description, pull request title, nor code what that fixed.
If it indeed fixed something relevant, then the thumbnails for the posts I cited before need to be regenerated, because all three are still squished.
Looking at the metadata, the first two posts seem to be using a “display_width” smaller than the “image_width”, while the thumbnail generation stretched the “display” size to fit the “image’ size. The third post has a “display_aspect_ratio” different from the “sample_aspect_ratio”.
The example wumbl3 linked comes up as having the same “sample” and “display” aspect ratio but a different “display” width, like the first two, above.
Data read using the website metadata2go.com which was just what came up when I searched for “view webm metadata”

The only possible reason I can think of for having these capabilities in a format are if hardware acceleration of the codec are designed specifically for 1920x1080 and not for arbitrary dimensions, which seems short-sighted, but what do I know; I’m not a chip designer.
FredMSloniker
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@The Smiling Pony
I’m uploading from my machine. It’s the same image as >>3395773 , only I’ve sped it up ten times because the ‘seizure warning’ on that image got me going, ‘challenge accepted’.
e: I tried again, deleting the ‘source’ link I’d tried to put in, and it worked. I don’t know if the two are related.
e2: yeah, trying to put in the source link broke. What’s the correct format for a source link to an image here? And why was it 5xxing instead of just saying the link wasn’t valid?
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
Just to be sure, you are ticking the “remember me” box when signing in, and not using a private browsing tab? It will log you out automatically once every year. More than that is probably a client issue.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide