Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Ask the Mods Important Site Questions (V2)

Background Pony #6C2C
Is it possible to automatically “import” favorites from an old account that matches or excludes certain tags, to a new account? Or even just to upvote them? I think the API can technically do this, but I don’t want to try digging into that myself and messing something up if at all possible. I’ve written basically zero code ever, so…
Going anon for privacy concerns. Hope staff is able to see my identity and PM if this becomes necessary.
saby
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Magical Inkwell - Untitled ancient Pegasopolis vignette
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Anti Fun Officer
@Background Pony #6C2C
I’m not aware of any automatic tool, but just using the plain search terms that are available would give you a search that you can use as a checklist for transferring faves. You do have a… bunch of faves, but if you plan to only transfer a portion, it shouldn’t take too much time pressing K and F.
Favourites per account are public, so use the faved_by_id:$NUMBERS from your old account (there’s a link saying “favourites” in the top set of your profile) as one term, add whatever other search terms you want to narrow it down, and finally, exclude results your new account (that you’re logged in to as you do this) has already faved.
For instance, if I was doing this, I would use this to get all “safe” rated faves on the “saby” account:
faved_by_id:331779, safe, -my:faves
And keep faving every image in the queue until the search came up empty.
And then, to comply with rule #6 that forbids forbid multi-account voting, I’d log back onto the “saby” account, and report myself to ask for its faves and upvotes to be wiped, so I could proceed to upvote on my new account with clean conscience.
Background Pony #6C2C
@saby
Thanks, very helpful. I’d completely forgotten this site even had keyboard shortcuts to be honest, heh.
I’d love to go through and report myself when I’m done for removal, but my goal with this maneuver is going to be separation of ‘extreme’ content and ‘normal’ content, those terms being extremely relative, but still a distinction I feel I need to make at this point for myself. I suppose I could manually fave everything I want to on the new user, and then unfave everything that an AND search catches on the old user, and continue to use both as time goes on, using the trixiebooru domain to easily multibox so to speak. The shortcut to fave also unfaves if it’s already faved, I assume?
I definitely do not intend to ever break Rule 6 on purpose. If any of this falls out of line, let me know.
Background Pony #6C2C
@saby
Got it. Looking like this will be a multi-day process with how slow I go, hopefully that won’t be a problem.
UnderwoodART
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
Is the influx of “Wild Manes” content really something that should be on this site? It’s not MLP-related, Hasbro, or fan-made; it’s just anthro horses, and I’m seeing a lot of screenshots at that. A line needs to be drawn somewhere between this site and any other anthro booru, regardless of whether (non-ponified) art was by pony artists. It’s not like I could upload (non-ponified) Last Unicorn fan-art here.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
Did a quick check of the tag, here’s my personal thoughts:
>>3394238 Is just the trailer, so most likely delete unless there’s a reason for it to stay up for historical reasons
>>3395350 Has Sunny, keep
>>3395734 Don’t know if it’s “pony” enough, can’t say whether or not to keep
>>3395900 Has Pinkie and Pipp, keep
>>3396060 Don’t know if it’s “pony” enough, can’t say whether or not to keep
>>3396064 Has Pipp, keep
>>3396118 Has Pipp, keep
>>3396965 Is Pipp in the Wild Manes style, keep
>>3397521 Three Wild Manes mares in G4-looking style albeit with visible hooves, maybe keep?
>>3397560 Cocoa in G4 style(?), maybe keep?
>>3397561 Bailey, I dunno?
>>3397633 Candi in G1 style, keep?
>>3397980 Minor OC in WM style, is only image of said OC and artist’s only other art here is >>3396118, don’t know what to do
>>3398114 Big Macintosh in WM style, keep
>>3398229 Minor OC in WM style, OC has 24 other images, mostly in TYT style. I’ll leave this one up to the staff
For >>3397561 and >>3397560 the unshorn fetlocks and hooves often not being drawn at all seems to be part of the artist’s style. The only difference I can see is the muzzle.
There’s also a smut image (because of course there is) which I say probably delete since it’s not really MLP enough
Background Pony #699F
@UnderwoodART
No, they should not.
…as the moderators have already said here, here, here, and here.
Of course, if they are art pieces with MLP relevance as well, such as having MLP characters also present or being a clear style adaptation (“ponified” or “equestria girls-ified”), then that’s fine. Same as for any other cartoon.
Background Pony #4A64
Deletion reason: Rule #0 - don't try to start drama, and no one is crying. Go hate furries someplace else.
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
It’s not source_url anymore, it’s source_urls, and it still doesn’t work when I’m trying to look up images with a DeviantArt source URL.
Toastypk
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
Hey do Pony Town sprites of Wild Manes characters count for being on the site? My friend showed me some great ones but I dunno if that’s enough.
UnderwoodART
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Just Another Pink Pony
Hey do Pony Town sprites of Wild Manes characters count for being on the site? My friend showed me some great ones but I dunno if that’s enough.
Imagine scrolling up.
But here’s the litmus test: Is it based on the characters or style of My Little Pony? Pony Town is, so any character designed through it counts as ‘in the style of’.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide