Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Ereiam  
I think this world has too many stupid people. I think it should be fuckin’ law that people who don’t reach a certain degree of intelligence should either be eradicated or sterilized. Since humanity most likely will never do that, then we should at least skyrocket any research toward space travel and cryogenics so the smarter ones can leave this idiot planet to destroy itself and find a new home where only the smart dominate.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

This is fuckin’ hilarious. A survey from an official Trump website where the questions are so heavily skewed in favor of #45 and go on and on about how heavily biased the “fake news media” has it in for poor President Orange while making it blatantly obvious that it’s itself biased.

Go ahead, guys, feel free to take the survey and give your honest opinions about how the media treats our “dear leader”.
Officer Hotpants
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Literally3HitlersInACoat
@MethidMan  
The irony of making the world a safer place is that it just allows the stupid ones to breed until they reduce us to where we started. Then natural selection kicks back in and they all die.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@MethidMan  
The thing is, Trump has a point when he talks about fake news. Remember when Fox was cheerleading for the Iraq War? Spreading so many lies to get us into another Vietnam? The MSM, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, are all not interested in the truth they’re interested in ratings. Money. Not educating the people
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@MethidMan  
I dunno, I’m a bit iffy on intelligence-based eugenics.  
A better selection criteria would be empathy IMHO. I had this idea where, basically, if you’re unable to care (even a little) about the plight of your fellow human being, you’d be stripped of your human rights. Of course, the tricky bit would be to be able to objectively measure an individual’s empathy level, then determine the acceptable threshold and margin.  
I suspect some in this thread wouldn’t make the cut.
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I know Kyle wouldn’t. He’s the type of person who wouldn’t lend a garden hose to a neighbor whose house was on fire because “it’s my water and my hose and you didn’t pay for either of them.”
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@MethidMan
A better selection criteria would be empathy IMHO. I had this idea where, basically, if you’re unable to care (even a little) about the plight of your fellow human being, you’d be stripped of your human rights. Of course, the tricky bit would be to be able to objectively measure an individual’s empathy level, then determine the acceptable threshold and margin.

Measuring intelligence is about as difficult as measuring empathy and that’s with us having dreamed up some points system for it. When you get into it, IQ has it’s problems that boil down to academic disagreement as to what the fuck it is. No one knows what factors determines IQ, let alone if it’s a composite of different traits or a singular trait, if it’s the test itself, or if it even exists. To borrow an example from Jared Diamond’s Guns, Germs, and Steel: if you can take a New Guniean tribal and hand him an iPad and he or she will figure it out in an hour, but if you take a city dweller and dump them in the the middle of the jungle and tell them to be back by dinner which they won’t: is the civilized man really smarter in a quintessential way?

If one were to pick for empathy then that’d probably just boil down to a mutual aid society though without any active picking and choosing. In that case even Kyle would have to shut up and nut up and lend someone his garden hose if that means his neighbor will throw him a bone down the line. Making another book reference, Canadian writer Brian Brett makes note of mutual aid society among his small farm holding community in Trauma Farm as being that unspoken contract between people where if you don’t return a favor you get actively scorned from the community.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@Background Pony #55F7
Tell me again why there’s a fuckin’ movement against vaccines?

I think PhilosophyTube’s video on flat Earth may have a thing to say about that sort of thing. It’s not so much being stupid, but don’t want to do what other people tell them to do. They’re not entirely anti-science but rely on a “different science”.
Terton
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Barghest Best Girl
And yet despite everything, the Tories will still fight tooth and nail to keep her in power so that they too can stay in power.
Party before people, every time.

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@MethidMan
If one were to pick for empathy then that’d probably just boil down to a mutual aid society though without any active picking and choosing. In that case even Kyle would have to shut up and nut up and lend someone his garden hose if that means his neighbor will throw him a bone down the line.

If that’s the case, why can’t he charge for the garden hose like he (supposedly) wants to, but give credit? Or is the issue that he won’t give credit at all and demands payment on the spot?
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@MethidMan
If one were to pick for empathy then that’d probably just boil down to a mutual aid society though without any active picking and choosing. In that case even Kyle would have to shut up and nut up and lend someone his garden hose if that means his neighbor will throw him a bone down the line.
If that’s the case, why can’t he charge for the garden hose like he (supposedly) wants to, but give credit? Or is the issue that he won’t give credit at all and demands payment on the spot?

Because the thing with mutual aid is that it’s a non-monetary social interaction. It views the neighbor as less an individual within your society and more as a source of money like a customer. To carry out mutual aid isn’t to practice monetary advantage, but strong interpersonal bonds.
Sectioned
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
Dumb ass question/scenario:
If you were to become President tomorrow, what would you do during your first 2 years? Implying that no matter the nationality, you become President.
Also, assume that you are also under pressure of various political groups, whether left or right, Cabinet members, the Parliament, multi-billion dollar megabusinesses, other countries and of course, news and social media. Just putting this in to avoid the whole “I’ll make the world a better place!” arguments that assume absolute power.

There’s only so much you can do with executive power, but I would TRY at least to slash regulations and crack down on illegal immigration.

On the international stage, I would cease all foreign aid and cut ties to Saudi Arabia until they end their human rights violations. I would stay in Syria and continue to fight ISIS.  
@Dustcan  
Fair market price for a hotel is not an emolument.
Sectioned
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
Government Shutdown Shows Private is Better

It’s a 5 minute video. Way better than reading pages-long articles.  
@MethidMan  
@Background Pony #55F7
Tell me again why there’s a fuckin’ movement against vaccines?

People fear what they don’t understand. It’s quite sad, really. I feel for the children of parents who insist on not vaccinating their children. it’s out-right child abuse, plain and simple.
Background Pony #73C5
Government Shutdown Shows Private is Better
It’s a 5 minute video. Way better than reading pages-long articles.
I’ll take the article instead, thanks.

And what, you plan to privatize the Coast Guard? The IRS? The FDA? I’m sure that isn’t as inane as it sounds. I mean, who wouldn’t trust the organization responsible for regulating all the food we eat and drugs we take, if they were running for profit? No potential abuses waiting to happen there.

So how about… no. I’ll readily agree that there are plenty of services businesses offer that they do well at, but there are things that I absolutely want in the hands of the government I have a say in, over a private corporation I don’t. Businesses absolutely do not always do it better.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide