Viewing last 25 versions of post by HeadlessHorselessHorseman in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

HeadlessHorselessHorseman

"[@AaronMk":](/generals/tartarus/post/4177174#post_4177174
[bq="AaronMk"]
) " 

> [
@Ereiam":](/generals/tartarus/post/4177099#post_4177099
[bq="Ereiam"]
) "
>
> > [
@MethidMan":](/generals/tartarus/post/4177057#post_4177057
)
> >
I dunno, I’m a bit iffy on intelligence-based eugenics.

> >
A better selection criteria would be empathy IMHO. I had this idea where, basically, if you’re unable to care (even a little) about the plight of your fellow human being, you’d be stripped of your human rights. Of course, the tricky bit would be to be able to objectively measure an individual’s empathy level, then determine the acceptable threshold and margin.

> >
I suspect some in this thread wouldn’t make the cut. [/bq]

>
>
If one were to pick for empathy then that'd probably just boil down to a mutual aid society though without any active picking and choosing. In that case even Kyle would have to shut up and nut up and lend someone his garden hose if that means his neighbor will throw him a bone down the line.[/bq]

If that's the case, why can't he charge for the garden hose like he (supposedly) wants to, andbut give credit? Or is the issue that he won't give credit at all and demands payment on the spot?
No reason given
Edited by HeadlessHorselessHorseman
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

"@AaronMk":/generals/tartarus/post/4177174#post_4177174
[bq="AaronMk"] "@Ereiam":/generals/tartarus/post/4177099#post_4177099
[bq="Ereiam"] "@MethidMan":/generals/tartarus/post/4177057#post_4177057
I dunno, I’m a bit iffy on intelligence-based eugenics.
A better selection criteria would be empathy IMHO. I had this idea where, basically, if you’re unable to care (even a little) about the plight of your fellow human being, you’d be stripped of your human rights. Of course, the tricky bit would be to be able to objectively measure an individual’s empathy level, then determine the acceptable threshold and margin.
I suspect some in this thread wouldn’t make the cut. [/bq]
If one were to pick for empathy then that'd probably just boil down to a mutual aid society though without any active picking and choosing. In that case even Kyle would have to shut up and nut up and lend someone his garden hose if that means his neighbor will throw him a bone down the line.[/bq]

If that's the case, why can't he charge for the garden hose like he (supposedly) wants to and give credit? Or is the issue that he won't give credit at all and demands payment on the spot?
No reason given
Edited by HeadlessHorselessHorseman