Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@kylebiddle  
When I mention “they will” I meant the groups demanding boarders.

as there are democrats demanding the abolishment of boarder patrols, which would mean the end of .

especially when they who were against what Trump and ICE were going because of “the children”

disrupt a trafficking ring.

Kind of ironic in a way.

They are their own worse enemy. These people call Trump and others a multitude of names, yet they live in houses without mirrors.

That “Middle-ground” is something they don’t want.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Ainz Ooal Gown  
And? We have the Border Patrol to protect the border, ICE is just an unnecessary agency that’s just wasting money that could be spent on the Border Patrol, the National Guard, or Homeland Security.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Scrabbleman
London doesn’t have free speech. The UK, it’s not like the US; which is why I fully disapprove of banning pro-Trump rallies over there. That is a right that our ancestors FOUGHT and DIED for which Is why I”m PROUD to call myself an American despite all it’s flaws.
I mean, it’s not like anti-Trump rallies are legal in the US…

Unlawfully Demonstrating”, Yikes; doesn’t sound like something a country with real Free Speech would have…
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@neutralgrey  
“Immigration and Customs Enforcement”

ICE is the border patrol.

The National guard are Like the Army Reserve, the Army National Guard is made up of Citizen-Soldiers who train part time until needed.

@The Smiling Pony  
“The United States Capitol Police charged approximately 575 people with unlawfully demonstrating”

Just like that blimp. They needed to go through channels and receive a permit. They did it illegally.

Unlike the person trying to obtain a permit for the rally in London.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Ainz Ooal Gown  
Oh please. The Democratic Party is a corrupt party full of corporatists who want to maintain the status quo. While there are a few Dems who say they want open borders, only a naïve fool would believe them. The Dems are ineffective and just lazy, they’d never shake up the status quo like that. Who told you this garbage? Fox News?
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Cyborg_pony

My point is simple and concrete: I don’t fucking care at this point. Call it burnout, call it apathy, at this point I just want to have a laugh, you might say that I’m probably dragging my problems but hey, I’m going to be honest about it, and besides it’s a possibility because I don’t really know so no one not even me can judge me if not even I know how to feel about it.  
The balloon is a sign of how much people love Trump (aka, almost no one loves it) and whenever is good or bad in the end Trump is the one who cares here, a balloon wouldn’t do a shit in elections nor is particullary illegal, the balloon has no weight in the long term, so I’ll just watch the show and hope that Mr. Trump at least show us that he’s capable of some dignity and let slide the whole thing.
Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Cyborg_pony  
So, they need a permit to protest? How do they determine which people are allowed to protest?

It seems like you’re not so bothered by anti-Trump protesters getting shut down, so much for your pro-free speech stance.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
They needed to go through channels and receive a permit.
I mean, the fact that you have to get a permit at all means it can be denied, means this whole “freedom” thing really isn’t as clear cut as “UK has no freedom, US is Freedomland”.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@Cyborg_pony  
ICE is a separate agency that was founded in the 2000s

The US Border Patrol was founded in 1924.

These guys.

full

Are not the same as these guys

full

Also, in case you didn’t know the National Guard can be sent to the border to assist the Border Patrol.

If you honestly didn’t know these things before, then I don’t think you should be talking about this issue, lest you embarrass yourself further
Sectioned
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
@The Smiling Pony  
Well, the thing is, the right to peaceably assemble is not all-inclusive, there are certain rules you have to follow because protests often get out of hand.

So, I dunno, more than likely all the charges are going to be dropped if all they did was show up and protest.

I’m going to give the police the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn’t just start arresting people for no reason.
Cyborg_pony

@The Smiling Pony  
“If you endanger others while protesting, you can be arrested. A protest that blocks vehicular or pedestrian traffic is illegal without a permit. You do not have the right to block a building entrance or physically harass people.”  
“In some cases, government can require a permit as a condition of protest on public property. … Moreover, if protesters gather in response to breaking news, the First Amendment requires an exception from the ordinary deadlines in the government’s permit process.”

These are put in place to ensure the safty of not just other citizens, but protestors as well.  
Considering the vast number of people, since they were probably blocking roads and streets alike.
Sectioned
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

🔥🗡🍩🚀⏰💃🔦👍
@The Smiling Pony  
Just because you have to follow the rules, that doesn’t mean your freedom is being taken away. It’s why you can’t just stand in front of a business shouting at customers without having the police called on you. Freedom of speech does not mean ‘freedom to harass’, or block entrances, so on and so forth.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

I’m going to bed, but before I go I just want to say this. The Democrats are corrupt, ineffective, and incompetent. Any Dem that says that they want to open the Border is lying to get the votes of idiot kids. And even if a Dem was serious about opening up the Border, the majority of people in Congress and the Senate are not. If Obama and his administration couldn’t close Gitmo, what makes you think they’ll open the border?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It’s a moot point because a while ago the guy who crowdfunded the balloon said that he fully intended to go through the proper channels (read:he’ll try and get that permit). And he said that if he didn’t get it, then okay. He wouldn’t break the rules in fly it where he couldn’t, but he did already fund a barge to fly it with if he can’t float it over land.

The bottom line is the blimp was going to be flown in wherever permitted space it could. And according to the vid  
just posted he did in fact get the okay to fly it over land.

So there’s no rules are being broken here.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide