Gun Discussion

Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
Any recommendation for a self-defense revolver?

I mean, I don’t think in a self-defense situation you usually need any more than 6 bullets.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Twi Clown  
You’d be surprised how many bullets you need, especially in a fast paced, stressful situation and even more so if there is more than 1 hostile. Guns don’t work like in the movies. So if you want a 6 shot revolver, make sure you’re comfortable with it and go for stopping power, I’d say a 357 or 44 magnum.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Twi Clown

Unless you’ve got experience with revolvers, I’d suggest a semi-auto handgun. I’d recommend a the Hi-Point C-9 if you’re on a budget, though mister Five-seveN owner here considers Glocks affordable handguns too.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Twi Clown

That’s why I’d err away from revolvers, as the ones KeltecPony is [rightfully] suggesting are in the ouch my wrists category in terms of recoil.

It’s why I recommend basic cheap (though still good) semi-auto handguns like the C-9, as they’re comfortable to use (some people complain about the grip angle on Glocks) and won’t break the bank if you end up not liking it.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@Twi Clown  
If you’re purchasing a handgun for self defense, I would say you need to give very strong consideration to three things  
1.That you pick something that fits your grip and you feel comfortable handling.  
2.That you at a minimum take a basic firearm safety and handling course.  
3.That you are certain that you are 100% comfortable with having a firearm in your household or on your person. If you aren’t, I would say that then you need to consider some other method of defending yourself.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@MagpulPony

Well, now I need to see the gun laws of my country to see what can I use now.

Is weird how we suffer here from more assaults and murder here in Mexico compared to the USA yet we are not legally speaking more open to guns.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Ebalosus

Ohh alright. Is just I saw in other pages that revolvers are usually reliable for quick draw situations, but I’m honestly more of a stategist than a tactician and I know nothing about guns so that’s why I ask for advise.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
You know, this is an odd question but just for fun, what weapons you WOULDN’T recommend. Call it because it’s of very dubious quality, very awkward to use (even if you’d need to screw it up so badly to check this one) or just simply too impractical.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Twi Clown

The Luty SMG. Despite what the author (rest his soul) said, it isn’t that expedient to make, and has some rather fine tolerances in order to work reliably. Even if you do manage to make one successfully, congratulations, you’ve made the poor man’s bullet hose, that even with a comfortable stock or brace isn’t comfortable to shoot.

The reason I bring it up is because whenever 3D-printing is brought up, there is always some fuckwit who says something to the effect of “Why make something that could possibly blow up in your hand when you can easily make Lutys or Stens?!” Ivan or Ctrl-Pew have a good retort for those people, which is “If it’s so easy, why don’t you show us the Lutys or Stens you’ve made!?”

@MagpulPony

A lot of us in the 3D-printed firearms community actually want Hi-Point Firearms to ante up and sell us parts kits, so we can customise the C9 or the C387 into well…pistol-caliber carbines with telescopic sights and bipods, for example.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide