Vent thread

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Zincy  
This isn’t just a city wide ban. It’s the entire region, including the many rural municipalities that surround Vancouver.  
Make us more dependent on gas. When gas is already freaking expensive here.  
While I understand such a ban in crowded urban environments. I have never had any health issues related to wood fire smoke. My neighbourhood has been burning wood for years every winter. I live in a vastly spaced suburb.  
Why is it now suddenly a problem?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@PonyPon

Typically, it’s a large iron or steel unit that you load wood or coal into. It heats up the outside of the unit, and thus the room its in.

The problem is without regular cleaning they’re a giant fire hazard. A majority of the house fires in my area are caused by improper iron stove useage.

@SeraphimDawn

“I have never had any health issues related to wood fire smoke.”

This is the line of reasoning I find my galling. “I’ve never had a problem, therefore it’s not a problem”. Emissions add up, and wind moves it around. Copious use of wood and coal can has ramifications down-wind. Meaning burning it in one area can impact surrounding areas.

With any luck, in the next few decades, coal, oil, and wood will be fuels of the past. With wood being relegated to bonfires and campgrounds.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Zincy  
Well should we assume everyone will make that mistake?

And i thought your beef was air pollution, which I thought these structures had means of ventilation. The way you went off on them implies there’s just a burning pile in a closed room.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@PonyPon

Air pollution, of the air, as in the air of the area. Not the air of the room.

Hundreds of houses all burning wood, coal, and oil pumps a lot of pollution into the air.

@SeraphimDawn

This is a problem how? So you’re choice in fuel is some major defining feature for you? Maybe if you’re a weak willed mook who defines themselves through their commodities. The only argument that can be made is price and availability. But if better, cheaper, safer, and more avaliable options come to exist why stick with the old stuff? What would there to be gained pumping in natural gas to your home when your cities power grid has a fusion plant pumping out limitless energy?

Technology changes, new stuff is invented, new techniques developed.

You can’t stop it, you can’t save industries that are doomed to die. Coal and oil are doomed. Either through technological irrelevance, commercial obsolescence, or simply running out of a finite resource.

Oil and coal are poorly future proofed, and shackling yourself to them is folly.

Job loss is unavoidable, unless you want to pay coal miners in empty mines to move dirt around all day.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
More over, air pollution is real, and a real problem.

Burying your fucking head in the sand like some clay brained idiot doesn’t make it go away.

You can bitch and moan to me about your fucking rights all day, I really don’t care.

When cancer rates are skyrocketing, along with asthma rates and other illnesses. When life expectancy around polluted areas drops. When the ocean is full of trash. When biodiversity is tanking.

I really don’t care about your rights in the matter.

People are getting sick and dying, animals are dying off, property values are falling, illness is rising.

So forgive me if I really don’t care of big daddy government makes you regulate the stack on your mud bogging truck.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
It has been three weeks since my last “temp-to-perm” assignment ended, and there’s been no new activity in the local job market. This is why January is the ABSOLUTE WORST MONTH OF THE YEAR! The fact that it’s a 31-day month doesn’t fucking help (thanks Obama Julius Caesar!)
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@SeraphimDawn

You know, I’d say that you missed the point, but it’d be an exercise in futility.

I talk about real problems that people are actually facing, and you ignore it and go into “lol memes” mode because it’s information that exists outside of your preferred canon.

You don’t care. It’s a game to you, it’s a joke to you. It’s not to me.

I’ve seen the effects up close. Too close.

Lose someone people to lung cancer caused by environmental toxicity like I have and you wouldn’t be laughing.

I watched my cousin fall to peices when both her parents died in the same year to lung cancer. The cause was toxicity in the lungs linked to environmental causes. In fact, lung cancers rates in this area sored thanks to a new coal plant years ago.

But death and illness is a joke to you because it’s so far removed from you. You get to avoid it, so it’s not your problem.

It’s not your problem.

This is all I see anymore “it’s not my problem”.

Bah, fuck this, I’m talking to a wall anyway. There’s no point in opening up. No one really cares anyway. No one ever really does. Especially people like you.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Zincy  

You’re right. I am far removed from those problems. I cannot help that my place is fortunate enough to be blessed with near boundless amount hydroelectric resources. It’s kind of hard have empathy towards those far away facing radically different issues than those I am facing. However, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your loved ones close to you.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide