Viewing last 25 versions of post by Zincy in topic Vent thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
"[@PonyPon":](/dis/vent-thread/post/3542295#post_3542295

)

Typically, it's a large iron or steel unit that you load wood or coal into. It heats up the outside of the unit, and thus the room its in.

The problem is without regular cleaning they're a giant fire hazard. A majority of the house fires in my area are caused by improper iron stove useage.

"

[
@SeraphimDawn":](/dis/vent-thread/post/3542297#post_3542297

)

"I have never had any health issues related to wood fire smoke."

This is the line of reasoning I find my galling. "I've never had a problem, therefore it's not a problem". Emissions add up, and wind moves it around. Copious use of wood and coal can has ramifications down-wind.

Meaning burning it in one area can impact surrounding areas.

With any luck, in the next few decades, coal, oil, and wood will be fuels of the past. With wood being relegated to bonfires and campgrounds.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
"@PonyPon":/dis/vent-thread/post/3542295#post_3542295

Typically, it's a large iron or steel unit that you load wood or coal into. It heats up the outside of the unit, and thus the room its in.

The problem is without regular cleaning they're a giant fire hazard. A majority of the house fires in my area are caused by improper iron stove useage.

"@SeraphimDawn":/dis/vent-thread/post/3542297#post_3542297

"I have never had any health issues related to wood fire smoke."

This is the line of reasoning I find my galling. "I've never had a problem, therefore it's not a problem". Emissions add up, and wind moves it around. Copious use of wood and coal can has ramifications down-wind.

With any luck, in the next few decades, coal, oil, and wood will be fuels of the past. With wood being relegated to bonfires and campgrounds.
No reason given
Edited by Zincy