The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Background Pony #0DEA
@TheHappySpaceman  
Yes, a bitter ex is certainly the most reliable source.

I trust that about as much as when Jim Cummings’ ex falsely accused him of sexual and animal abuse last year.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #0DEA  
I really wish some women wouldn’t abuse the whole “Me too/Believe Women” movements, or lie about that kinda thing just for their own personal gain, or just to spite/ruin an ex that they’re mad at, but whom never did those things.

Not only is it toxic disgusting behavior, but it also makes it difficult for people to believe/support real actual victims, whom genuinely need help, and such.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Mando Saison 2 Ep 3

*Our Mando turns out to be raised and taught to live by a group of religious extremist, part of a group who broke away from mainstream and seeks a way to restore The Caliphate The Ancient Way.*

Best part for me is when our Mando scolded a mandalorian woman who took her helmet off in front of him: “YOU DO NOT COVER YOUR FACE. You are not Mandalorian.

I had to pause and laugh for a bit. That kinda hit close to my home.

I can’t stop laughing, I’m sorry guys. This revelation is just too hilarious to me. I’VE BEEN PLAYED!
Background Pony #0DEA
@Beau Skunky  
Stephanie Nadolny is the first English voice of Kid Goku.  
Which isn’t actually true mind you. Not only is she not the first English voice, she isn’t even the first English voice for Funimation. She likes to pretend she is though.
Background Pony #0DEA
@Beau Skunky  
Well, she’s been falsely claiming Chris Sabat fired her because she said he tried to force himself on her and she turned him down. Actual truth is she’s a drunken bitch who’s been arrested on DUI so many times that Funimation felt she was too much of a problem to keep bailing out of jail and let her go, kind of like what happened with Chris Latta.  
And as someone who met her at a convention once in 2004 and saw she was acting iffy like she wasn’t all there, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was getting wasted during that time too.

That puts her on my own shitlist, probably not helped since my dad had a similar false “he tried to force me to have sex with him” claim (in his case, “I’ll evict you if you don’t sleep with me” since he was renting rooms out at the time. In truth the liar stole money from him, as well as our car)

As far as I’m concerned, Nadolny is a cunt and deserves whatever she gets.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
full

Dark Helmet: Fire a warning shot across her nose.  
[Warning shots almost hit Vespa’s Benz]  
Dark Helmet: Careful, you idiot! I said across her nose, not up it!  
Gunner: [lifts helmet, revealing that he’s cross-eyed] Sorry, sir! I’m doing my best!  
Dark Helmet: Who made that man a gunner?  
Major Asshole: I did, sir. He’s my cousin. [Major Asshole is also cross-eyed]  
Dark Helmet: [to Sandurz] Who is he?  
Colonel Sandurz: He’s an Asshole, sir.  
Dark Helmet: I know that. What’s his name?  
Colonel Sandurz: That is his name, sir. Asshole. Major Asshole.  
Dark Helmet: And his cousin?  
Colonel Sandurz: He’s an Asshole too, sir. Gunner’s mate, First Class, Philip Asshole.  
Dark Helmet: How many Assholes have we got on this ship, anyhow?  
[the entire bridge crew stands up and raises a hand, except for one person]  
Bridge Crew: YO!  
Dark Helmet: I knew it. I’m surrounded by Assholes. [Closes helmet] Keep firing, Assholes!

I love this scene. ;-)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dustcan  
As a huuuge Castlevania series fan, I’m kinda mixed on it. It has both good, and bad things about it.  
I’m not too keen on some of the anti-religious undertones in the first few episodes, as it feels most adult cartoons get too preachy about that sometimes. (Granted, there was one good priest, and a nice religious woman. This takes place in the “Dark Ages,” when the Catholic church became pretty corrupt, and was executing people over silly reasons, and it kinda explains why you see monsters in the chapel areas in the games, and such, not necessarily because “religion is bad,” but because of human corruption as one of the monsters explains. And the execution of Dracula’s human love is what leads to his desire to genocide humanity. Making him both a threatening, yet kinda sympathetic villain.)

At first it doesn’t feel much like Castlevania, it lacks the classic “Movie/Book” monsters the series is known for, but has nice monster designs regardless, and after the first few episodes when Trevor’s quest kicks off it gets somewhat better. The animation and art is amazing (and is very animesque, you’d easily mistake it for a Japanese show, but it’s American) and impressive. It has some subtle nods to the games, like the Holy Water shower, some controversial events/characters from CV3, and other games, (Wish they had Grant though) and bearded Dracula.  
I haven’t watched the whole thing yet, but some Castlevania fans are mixed on some events that happen later on, but I don’t wanna spoil anything.

So it might be worth checking out if you go in with a more open mind with the liberties taken.  
It seems to lack alot of the classic “movie/story” monsters like Fr
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide