Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
"[@Dustcan":](/forums/dis/topics/the-nerd-out-thread?post_id=4972540#post_4972540
)  
As a huuuge Castlevania series fan, I'm kinda mixed on it. It has both good, and bad things about it.

I'm not too keen on some of the anti-religious undertones in the first few episodes, as it feels most adult cartoons get too _*preachy_* about that sometimes. (Granted, there was one good priest, and a nice religious woman. This takes place in the "Dark Ages," when the Catholic church became pretty corrupt, and was executing people over silly reasons, and it kinda explains why you see monsters in the chapel areas in the games, and such, not necessarily because "religion is bad," but because of human corruption as one of the monsters explains. And the execution of Dracula's human love is what leads to his desire to genocide humanity. Making him both a threatening, yet kinda sympathetic villain.)

At first it doesn't feel much like Castlevania, it lacks the classic "Movie/Book" monsters the series is known for, but has nice monster designs regardless, and after the first few episodes when Trevor's quest kicks off it gets somewhat better. The animation and art is amazing (and is very animesque, you'd easily mistake it for a Japanese show, but it's American) and impressive. It has some subtle nods to the games, like the Holy Water shower, some controversial events/characters from CV3, and other games, (Wish they had Grant though) and bearded Dracula.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but some Castlevania fans are mixed on some events that happen later on, but I don't wanna spoil anything.

So it might be worth checking out if you go in with a more open mind with the liberties taken.

It seems to lack alot of the classic "movie/story" monsters like Fr
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Professional supermodel
"@Dustcan":/forums/dis/topics/the-nerd-out-thread?post_id=4972540#post_4972540
As a huuuge Castlevania series fan, I'm kinda mixed on it. It has both good, and bad things about it.
I'm not too keen on some of the anti-religious undertones in the first few episodes, as it feels most adult cartoons get too _preachy_ about that sometimes. (Granted, there was one good priest, and a nice religious woman. This takes place in the "Dark Ages," when the Catholic church became pretty corrupt, and was executing people over silly reasons, and it kinda explains why you see monsters in the chapel areas in the games, and such, not necessarily because "religion is bad," but because of human corruption as one of the monsters explains. And the execution of Dracula's human love is what leads to his desire to genochide humanity. Making him both a threatening, yet kinda sympathetic villain.)

At first it doesn't feel much like Castlevania, it lacks the classic "Movie/Book" monsters the series is known for, but has nice monster designs regardless, and after the first few episodes when Trevor's quest kicks off it gets somewhat better. The animation and art is amazing (and is very animesque, you'd easily mistake it for a Japanese show, but it's American) and impressive. It has some subtle nods to the games, like the Holy Water shower, some controversial events/characters from CV3, and other games, (Wish they had Grant though) and bearded Dracula.
I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but some Castlevania fans are mixed on some events that happen later on, but I don't wanna spoil anything.

So it might be worth checking out if you go in with a more open mind with the liberties taken.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
I'm not too keen on some of the anti-religious undertones in the first few episodes, as it feels most adult cartoons get too _preachy_ about that sometimes. (Granted, there was one good priest, and a nice religious woman. This takes place in the "Dark Ages," when the Catholic church became pretty corrupt, and was executing people over silly reasons, and it kinda explains why you see monsters in the chapel areas in the games, and such, not necessarily because "religion is bad," but because of human corruption as one of the monsters explains. And the execution of Dracula's human love is what leads to his schemes.)

No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
I'm not too keen on some of the anti-religious undertones in the first few episodes, as it feels most adult cartoons get too _preachy_ about that sometimes. (Granted, there was one good priest, and a nice religious woman. This takes place in the "Dark Ages," when the Catholic church became pretty corrupt, and was executing people over silly reasons, and it kinda explains why you see monsters in the chapel areas in the games, and such, not necessarily because "religion is bad," but because of human corruption as one of the monsters explains. And the execution of Dracula's human love is what leads to his schemes.)

At first it doesn't feel much like Castlevania, but after the first few episodes when Trevor's quest kicks off it gets somewhat better. The animation and art is amazing (and is very animesque, you'd easily mistake it for a Japanese show, but it's American) and impressive. It has some subtle nods to the games, like the Holy Water shower, some controversial events/characters from CV3, and other games, (Wish they had Grant though) and bearded Dracula.
I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but some Castlevania fans are mixed on some events that happen later on., but I don't wanna spoil anything.

No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel

At first it doesn't feel much like Castlevania, but after the first few episodes when Trevor's quest kicks off it gets somewhat better. The animation and art is amazing (and is very animesque, you'd easily mistake it for a Japanese show, but it's American) and impressive. It has some subtle nods to the games, like the Holy Water shower, some controversial events/characters from CV3, and other games, (Wish they had Grant though) and bearded Dracula.
I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but some Castlevania fans are mixed on some events that happen later on.

No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel

At first it doesn't feel much like Castlevania, but after the first few episodes when Trevor's quest kicks off it gets somewhat better. The animation and art is amazing (andespite lookings very animesque, you'd easily mistake it for a Japanese show, but it's American) and impressive. It has some subtle nods to the games, like the Holy Water shower, some events/characters from CV3, and other games, (Wish they had Grant though) and bearded Dracula.
I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but some Castlevania fans are mixed on some events that happen later on.

No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel

At first it doesn't feel much like Castlevania, but after the first few episodes when Trevor's quest kicks off it gets somewhat better. The animation and art is amazing (despite looking very animesque) and impressive. It has some subtle nods to the games, like the Holy Water shower, some events/characters from CV3, and other games, (Wish they had Grant though) and bearded Dracula.

No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky