Unpopular opinion time

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I’m glad we’re seeing some historical figures. If for no other reason than to show that yes, ponies other than Starswirl did in fact exist a millennium ago and they did do stuff.

Seriously the first 6 seasons was pretty bad about making Starswirl present/responsible for any and every notable act in history.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Der_Fur_Shur

That’s actually why I liked Rock Solid Friendship. It kinda felt like it was Pinkie using the same techniques that let her win in FRiend in Deed and having them definitively not work.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Dustcan

Even better, I’m glad that these historical figures aren’t exclusively mares. In fact, I’ve always been kinda surprised that Starswirl was male.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@PonyPon

The sisters’ historical involvements are surprisingly sparse for immortal diarchs demi-gods.

For someone that started out as just a Harry Potter pun Starswirl was kinda obnoxious in how he was gradually shoehorned into everything. The worst cases probably being him being the one to banish the sirens because…it happened in the past? And him just getting randomly singled out when the narration mentioning how Scorpan befriended ponies.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Meanlucario

They aren’t. Just saying though, for two who’s lived for most of recorded history and control the cycle of day and night they sure have few things named after them compared to an “ordinary” unicorn.
Background Pony #D775
@PonyPon  
Well, Starswirl didn’t have the advantage of having Celestia both openly and secretly groom him onto the path of ascension, which would be culminated in him solving a massive problem that he caused in the first place.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Background Pony #FE7B  
It was really the other way round. Star Swirl groomed Celestia into becoming who she was.

Frankly I can see see the not understanding friendship thing. Star Swirl’s only confirmed friend was Celestia (who was pretty much his student), he considered the best design for Canterlot Castle a fortress protecting them from the common rabble, and spent most of his time in his hidden laboratory underground. Like pre-series Twilight, not a bad pony, but one with very little time for anyone not immediately useful to his goals and interests.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Resident Spin Fetishist
I’m kinda hoping they stick to the Equestria Girls philosophy regarding the movie. No references or mentions in the show.
Background Pony #D775
@Spinny  
I really doubt that since the next season is already confirmed to have at least a recurring seapony character. That and the entire arc this season has been co-opted from the Legends of Magic comic series.

It’s only Equestria Girls now that’s still strictly in non-canon territory which is pretty annoying. I’d rather none or all of them (the movie, comics and EqG) be canon, not picking and choosing only some of them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide