Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@DarkObsidian  
You can, but I can’t agree. Filling in the holes of another world like that - especially one as haphazardly written in the first place - would like expecting someone to run a race with one leg and their hands tied behind their back.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Latecomer

Oh, I don’t see it that hard. But maybe I didn’t express myself in a reasonable way. I do not believe that the world as such should be completely rebuilt. In my view, fundamental things should be preserved, such as the fact that there is still a country or a nation called Equestria. Personally, I would have my problems with it if we were to start in Eponia, where the life of fire pony Burning Heart in the (again) small village Friendship Valley is just to begin. And so on.  
As I said, for me the world as such still has potential, and I actually got used to the three tribes. No reason, of course, not to introduce other pony breeds (cough, bat ponies, cough), and other mystical creatures. Or to finally make parts of the comics canon. Well, it’s just my (maybe a little) unpopular opinion. We’ll see soon enough. I’m going to watch G5 one way or another. Whether I buy the toys, however, I clearly make it dependent on whether the show as such becomes a little more “mature”. ;-D
Latecomer

@DarkObsidian  
Looking at previous generations compared to G4, the three kinds of pony are a shoe-in (possibly with some extras), and there may be repeated names (pony or place). What won’t nescessarily be repeated is the worldbuilding, including rules like “pegasi can walk on clouds” or “ponies get their cutie marks when they find their special talents”. And non-pony races will be entirely up for grabs.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Treating G4 as a toolbox, replacing what doesn’t work and building something more cohesive sounds reasonable and logical. Whether that happens is up in the air but I’m curious whether the series will be slice of life or adventure oriented. If they are going to rebuild the world then I’d expect it to be more adventure oriented so the audience can explore it.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
I’d still like a G2 of EqG. If they want slice of life show and adventure show, have one series do the other. Personally, I think EqG would do slice of life better but I’ll take a magical girl adventure show.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
Really depends if they need something in that space - didn’t EqG shed it’s own doll line halfway through and basically coast? And they could always have humans in the main show…
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Something possibly amusing to come to mind is as follows: there is no concrete proof that Tirek at high levels of power couldn’t be countered to some degree by the Smooze’s slime, seeing as Celestia could not power magic through her horn when she got a bit on it, and Twilight’s magic did pretty much nothing to it, unless you’re going with the former completely playing up her “helplessness” for amusement, since she said it was the most fun Gala in years, afterwards.

(not entirely sure why they made that thing less malicious than it was in G1)

…of course, he’d still be able to channel magic to a noticeable extent through his hands and hooves, but that could possibly be something that could stop him from draining magic, if it got on one or both of his horns.

@Algebroot Neogears

I think for one thing, maybe she should’ve been smaller than Celestia, maybe Luna size, or between their sizes, and for another thing noticeable, I think her ethereal mane should’ve been styled to work more like it did the couple of times we saw it before, in that there were more stars on it at once, sort of like Luna’s.

Perhaps a mane/tailstyle tweak as well.

@Brass Beau

I think it would’ve helped to have her voice sound a bit deeper, at least, definitely a tone shift would’ve helped.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Hali the Emoji girl  
I think she might be. I don’t see many depictions of Amish in media. There was a decent Arthur episode about Buster being fascinated by Amish culture,and an episode of Gargoyles Goliath Chronicles, I guess since most Amish don’t watch TV or movies,they’re not an audience to appeal to. Hence their limited depiction.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Best thing about pegasi and alicorns are how cute winghugs are, and bigger specimens have an advantage in that regard, in my opinion.

Shining Armor went from the big brother to the smallest sibling, I’d note.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
One of the big mistakes in MLP was in my opinion to show Cadance and Shining Armor never without direct or indirect reference to Twilight Sparkle. In my opinion, both were only established as Twilight’s family without even giving them the opportunity to show what they can do. What a waste.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DarkObsidian  
Outside of The One Where Pinkie Knows we never got much insight into Shining Armor’s personality. A single episode focusing on the Crystal Empire without Twilight would have gone a long way.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DarkObsidian

Kinda agreed. We kinda only got hints as to their personalities, all-in-all, as far as the show went.

Shining Armor, for example, for all of his power, can possibly have a bit of an inferiority complex, over how much more accomplished his sister is in saving the world, and it could possibly be interesting to explore how he might deal with it. (I feel like he catches way more flak than is warranted, though)

The show told us arguably less about Cadance, which is unfortunate, seeing as she’s one of my favorites… albeit not as far as the “princess of lust” portrayal goes. She is loving, seems to be about as interested in ancient wizard (Star Swirl) history as Twilight… and not much else, really, other than her seeming well-balanced, composed, and humble, implied to see the Mane Six as peers.

…worst princess that we know of is probably either Princess Platinum or Amore.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide