Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@DoctorWTF  
Most of this is a matter of opinion - although I wouldn’t say she’s a particularly good example, simply because it took so long for her disability to even become clear.

But regarding your fifth paragraph, that only makes sense if, as many do, you set that episode back several seasons - coming after The Washouts as it actually does, there’s no reason for Scootaloo to expect to be any more flight-capable as an adult.(Now, whether that might have been a better use of the last wishing petal than a reversion to status quo… well, that would certainly make for an interesting twist.)

As for technological assistance… well if gliders were so easy, you’d think more ponies would use them. It might be amusing to see her borrow Tank’s rotor…
Applepie1973

Nostalgia Purist
Spike At Your Service would have been funnier if the comedy wasn’t about Spike failing to be helpful, but Spike being so helpful Applejack doesn’t want to give him up.

Right said
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DoctorWTF
As for technological assistance… well if gliders were so easy, you’d think more ponies would use them. It might be amusing to see her borrow Tank’s rotor…

Well, Apple Bloom was able to get a hold of one to play around with, so they can’t be that hard to come by. And wasn’t Twilight the one who put together Tank’s rotor? You’d think she’d have been able to set Scootaloo up with some solution there.

Plus issue 81 of the comic ends with Rumble using a replica of that glider (which he and Scootaloo assembled in what must have been a couple hours tops) to fly despite a sprained wing - with no one even briefly acknowledging that it might be useful for the pegasus who would still not be able to fly a week later.
Latecomer

@DoctorWTF  
I ignore the comics for the most part.

And how good was that glider AB used - did it come close to pegasus flight? (We don’t know where Tank’s rotor came from, although the magic colour resembles Celestia’s.)
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DoctorWTF
And how good was that glider AB used - did it come close to pegasus flight? (We don’t know where Tank’s rotor came from, although the magic colour resembles Celestia’s.)

It’s hard to comment on the quality of the glider - Apple Bloom didn’t come close to any kind of flight, but that was because it was part of her “try every activity that comes to mind and give up if you don’t have a natural gift for it” phase (unless of course she built it herself). Speaking as a mechanical engineer, it looked like pretty much just the thing for a pegasus whose wings produce plenty of thrust, but not quite enough lift (though Scootaloo would likely want shorter wings such that there’s just enough lift to compensate for whatever’s wrong with her - otherwise, she’d have excessive drag slowing her down).

Plus one of the alternate timelines in “The Cutie Re-Mark” had Rainbow Dash flying with a prosthetic wing, though that might have been developed in response to the war (prosthetics R&D in real life is often tied to war, but the results usually come after the war, not in the middle).
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
  • They wanted to add a new character.  
  • They wanted to do another redemption story.  
  • It was a writer’s OC.  
  • She proved to be a popular character.  
  • They wanted to make Twilight a teacher.  
  • They felt like it.

Take your pick. I’ve seen all of those as answers.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

ngl I think there’s something more unnerving about seeing Chrysalis genuinely happy than Actual Canon Chrysalis, in some ways. It’s weird to think that, I know.

What does “writer’s OC” even mean, really? Every character is an OC at one point. Does it just mean “character from writers I’m scapegoating for the series ‘sucking’ in my subjective opinion”?

@Myoozik  

I think that’s sometimes a better question than “why,” really.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I’d probably rather have Nightmare Moon as a ruler than Daybreaker, if they’re opposites of one another, as reflected by their color schemes. Nightmare Moon at least cares about validation on some level, since Luna became her out of envy, whereas Daybreaker would have way too much self-esteem and take pleasure out of letting loose, with the power of the sun.

Pride is probably the greater core vice compared to envy, especially when it doesn’t require validation at its core when it comes to some extremes… which Daybreaker seems like she’d fulfill.

Daybreaker: [laughs] Oh, please! You don’t need anypony! You can do whatever you want. And all you have to do is get rid of anypony who stands in your way!

…and yes, I’m aware she only appeared in a dream, but it’s more interesting to think she reflects a part of Celestia, since the latter seemed to take it personally, and how she almost entirely ignored Starlight.

Yes, they’d both be tyrants, but I believe Nightmare Moon would perhaps be less likely to kill you on a whim, easier to deal with.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide