Unpopular opinion time

Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Prowl

NMK is possibly the best out of the three “Pseudo-Discord Villain” arcs, even though it does use that whole “Infinite Dimensions and Infinite Realities” can of worms in a serious way, which is hard to generate tension with due to how irrelevant it makes everything seem. Someone gets killed? Just grab another copy of them from some random dimension such as the one with multiple copies of Rarity seen in the manga for example, an hilarious but still very much lore-deflating example.

But still. It’s a pretty nice arc that uses the protagonists to their fullest which I can always admire. Shame about the obnoxious “Villain-Gate” element that forces specific characters only, but at least they didn’t go full edge as much as I thought they would.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
Faust commented back then that as far she was planning to, Trixie was also a student at Celestia’s magic school for gifted unicorns, and the staff later commented they had planned an arc based about Trixie’s jealously and her potential, but it just couldn’t happen after the show direction’s shift.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Anonycat  
i wonder if some of these trixie plots weren’t recycled into starlight plots. “reforming” trixie the way they did starlight would have totally fit, given how trixie actually is a good at heart person who just makes some mistakes sometimes and lets her emotions get the better of her.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trixie was also planned to become the next Nightmare in an early idea pitch. I’ve mixed feelings about that - I’m pretty keen on making Nightmare a recurring antagonist, and it also would’ve given Trixie a chance for a much earlier return.

But Trixie just works too well as a scrub. Her haughtily boasting way, way above her weight class is one of her most entertaining features.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Latecomer  
antagonist unicorns before Faust left the show but Trixie…I don’t know…Of course I know Lauren was against Sunset idea in EG, but maybe in FIM would be a good minion for Trixie.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DanielTepesKraus

>good at heart  
>sought revenge on Twilight for saving everyone’s lives  
>obtained the magical equivalent of steroids to do so  
>”apology” in which she was still self-aggrandizing

I do consider her a good person from S6-onwards, but I don’t think she was a good person in her debut, or in S3 especially. (And to be clear, Starlight indeed was a shitty person too; deluding yourself into thinking you’re the hero isn’t a hallmark of good morals either)

DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Latecomer  
i don’t mean all of them. i just wonder if they had some old plans for trixie episodes that, after being rendered obsolete so to speak, they recycled into starlight episodes. it’d explain why the other characters notoriously under-react to the shit she does, because them reacting to someone like trixie that way makes a lot more sense. it’s pretty likely they did that with spike in fame and misfortune, too.

@AC97  
she actually fits the “driven to villainy” angle too, now that you mention it. she actually had some fairly substantial reasons to seek revenge on ponyville: people from that town destroyed her home, ruined her career, and even chased her around equestria to bully her, vandalize her property, and ensure she couldn’t recoup her losses. it’s a lot more valid a reason for a good person to go off their nut and turn bad than “rich girl in a perfect life couldn’t handle the first little bad thing that ever happened to her”, and it makes more sense that just treating them with some kindness would be enough to bring them back to the side of good.
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@DanielTepesKraus

@AC97

I can reconcile this, Trixie indeed suffered.more than she deserved in boast busters, but she was also a huge braggart with an attitude that wouldn’t earn you friends.

Trixie’s villainy is also something I don’t get that much. Outside of the alicorn amulet, shes more bark than bite.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Latecomer  
Sunset idea was purely EG plot. If Lauren had continued as director, she could have chosen any pony to the hypotetical Trixie arc. As Starlight was the plot to Twilight teaching path, we don’t know if Trixie could be a recurring antagonist or anything else.

@Twi Clown  
Maybe the issue was Trixie purpose was only to do “stage magic”. Twilight needed a student whose friendship path was really wrong, plus a serious threat in an season, so Wow! Glimmy!! Entered to the chat.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@Twi Clown  
i’m not so much talking about who suffered more or who deserved what more. i’m more pointing out that the “she just needs some guidance and friendship” method they used seems a lot more appropriate for “huge braggart with an attitude that wouldn’t earn you friends” than it does for “sadistic megalomaniac with apparently severe mental problems and little to no empathy”.
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@DanielTepesKraus

I don’t think so. Trixie wasn’t per see as evil as Starlight, but she wasn’t an all that good pony either and needed a harsh life experience to do. That would had helped to make Starlight’s redemption better but alas it didn’t happen, but just because one is bad doesn’t make the other good.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide