Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #E1AC
@TexasUberAlles  
There’s no parallels at all. It literally makes no sense

Donald Trump was a businessman and is now an elected representative.  
Neighsay was an appointed member of a state-funded committee.

Those two have nothing in common. It’s a terrible analogy, if that’s what they where going for. Filthy Rich in that IDW comic made a much better proxy.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
Depends on your definition of evil…oh boy time to break out the Kant. Or is it Nietzsche?
He enjoyed that he won, that he beat his opponent and that he was free of the elements. He was more “YAY I’m free and there’s no one to stop me now” more than “Yay that little pony is suffering and it’s because of me.”

That’s a total supposition, there’s nothing in the episode that suggests that. And “What About Discord?” explicitly highlights his sadism, as it’s what turns the others against him. He claims higher motive, but it’s blatantly obvious to everyone present he was just enjoying messing with Twilight.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

He was enjoying messing with Twilight, but he was– as usual– also trying to teach her a valuable lesson, albeit– also as usual– in the most dickish way possible.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
ACW was the start of the show transitioning from a certain style to the one we have now , for better or for worse
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Broken Adam  
ACW = A Canterlot Wedding, right? If so, then they pulled Shiny out their ass. From what I’ve heard most fanfics of the day (haven’t actually read them) actually tried to explain him away as a glitch in the matrix. It’s like if the Star Wars prequels had stormtroopers. Fallout 76 has the Brotherhood of Steel existing before they existed, though I don’t think Shiny’s creation is that blatantly bad…
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Shining Armor never needed any grand expositional backstory, the Real Answer is “it was never important to any of the stories they’d told to talk about Twilight having a brother until the Season 2 Finale, so that was the first time he showed up”. Most people don’t go around rattling off their entire life story to everyone they meet, and don’t constantly talk about their relatives who live in a different city unless it’s somehow germane to the conversation they’re having at the moment, and if those moments don’t enhance a 22 minute story in some way then they can safely be assumed to have happened offscreen; we got all the catch-up we needed in the musical number and flashback in Act 1.

Shiny Armoire also makes complete narrative sense, as we’d already been shown that Twilight’s parents were likely aristocrats or at least wealthy prominent citizens– they have a huge house with a multi-storey private library for their teenager in the Capital City where space is limited by the mountain it sits on– so him being a Guard Captain isn’t all that unusual, especially through the lens of Celestia having A Grand Plan that would make her steer those around her Chosen One along specific life courses.
Anon-a-Miss
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

I don’t like that the big bad of this Season was a filly about the same age as the CMC (10-14?). She was a great villain but should’ve at least been the same age as Sandbar (14-18?). It’s a bit hard to believe that a child would turn out to be an evil mastermind, especially in a show like FiM.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
The brotherhood of steel was founded 2077.
But they weren’t in Virginia until much later.

Says who? We’ve never heard anything about Virginia before, or anything about the BoS between their founding and 2134, by which time they were already conducting scouting missions.

During 2102 the Brotherhood of Steel are at their most powerful. The Hub is a thriving trading post, Roger Maxon is still alive. and there’s no faction in California capable of threatening them.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@icey wicey 1517  
That is a fair point. The BoS had to get their numbers from somewhere, and contacting other US Army regiments and convinced them to defect makes sense.

@Wiimeiser  
Be careful you don’t mistake US Army power armour with BoS.

Plus the commonwealth is not Virgina, and even then there were four missions to the Commonwealth, one before Dance joined.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Wiimeiser  
Yes, though it’s dependent on intact facilities on the ground, and by at least Fallout 3 all of them state that their satellites are inoperable.

The Fallout 4 BoS have communicated with Lost Hills somehow though.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
The way some people word themselves when talking about Cozy Glow feels weird.

Like, I get the idea, but I heard some people saying that Twi should’ve sent Cozy in for “remedial lessons” like the ones she threatened to give to the Students in Hearthswarming Club.

Like, how much do these people want to underestimate her, seriously? The diabololically intelligent filly who openly cackled remorselessly aftr trying to plunge the world into chaos and trap the mane 6 in a prison forever,then tried to escape, and who’s special talent is in scheming. you wanna just keep her around?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide