Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #99C1
@Badumsquish  
Bullies also rarely are alone. They hang out in groups so that if someone is ever brave / stupid enough to try something they’ll just swarm them and beat them half to death.

And they rarely change once they reach adulthood. Someone who treated you like shit twenty years ago will still treat you like shit now.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@AC97  
@Broken Adam  
Like, I’m not going to sit here and claim to be like an expert on bullying or anything. I just know that I used to get the crap kicked out of me by bullies in grade school and telling all the adults did diddly squat. Learning to box and dropping a savage beatdown on a bully that ended up landing him in an ambulance? I was never bullied again. Really, he’s to blame; he had plenty of chances to stop before it escalated to that :P

@Background Pony #5502  
Ambush them :P
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Okay, I think “dumb R63 names” may have been topped with Sunburst’s R63 version being called “Sunstone.”
HOW DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE?

I like it.

I don’t see what pony gender name rules it’s breaking.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
hey are we shitting on one bad awful? can i join in? because i have a theory.

so the intended moral is “don’t sink to the same level as bullies. tell an adult instead”, and that’s what applejack sells. but… that’s not what actually happens in the episode. telling an adult never actually solves anything because applejack never actually does anything. babs doesn’t stop bullying them because they told applejack, she stops bullying them because they save her from the death trap they lured her into. basically them retaliating against babs indirectly solved the issue. then the other bullies show up and hassle them, applejack again doesn’t do anything, and babs drives them away by threatening them. again, retaliation solves the bullying.

in other words, the episode consistently showed that retaliating to bullies would effectively solve it, while telling an adult would do nothing.

and okay, maybe that was all accidental and they truly did intend to sell the moral of just tell an adult. except… the writers are smarter than that. my theory? the writers had to give the moral of “tell an adult” but didn’t agree with it themselves, so they stealthily depicted defending yourself as the true solution. alternately, they just didn’t want the liability of telling little tommy to knock out little timmy’s teeth if timmy tried to steal his lunch money again so they had applejack claim otherwise so they wouldn’t be blamed for teaching kids to stand up to themselves.

again, i don’t know if it’s true or not. i just hope it is because it turns a terrible episode into an actually brilliant one.

@Josh103  
cozy glow is basically starlight except people reacted to her more realistically.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Josh103  
Starlight was a better villain yet. But Cozy doesn’t have a quickly forgiveness, so that adds a lot of points in this “redemption” chain, specially with Equestria Girls.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Hakirayleigh  
moral of the story: only send students who already know friendship to that school, because the ones that actually need to learn friendship lessons ain’t gonna learn shit and’ll just get into the school’s armory…
Hakirayleigh
Economist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@DanielTepesKraus  
But they discarded to CMC cause “Ohhh my gosh, their friendship is so perfect”…Even some mane6 need take lessons, specially Pinkie this season.
Hakirayleigh
Economist -
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@DanielTepesKraus  
Ponies keep powerful artifacts at places like libraries, schools, museums. Maybe in the next season we able to include barber shops, super markets, a laundry, etc.
rdibp
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
@TexasUberAlles  
I find it more surprising that it was Cozy who was the one to reach out to Tirek first.

It was a pretty nice turnaround to have Cozy’s plan to be completely unrelated to Neighsay. I expected that Neighsay was going to be the unredeemable villain and Cozy was going to end up being the misunderstood lackey who gets redeemed. Instead it was Cozy who was cuckoo bananas and Neighsay who became an ally near the end. That subversion is probably my favorite part of the whole finale.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Decided to make a personal Top 10 villain list because why not.

10) Nightmare Moon  
9) Tirek  
8) Discord  
7) Tempest  
6) Starlight  
5) Chrysalis  
4) Auntie Eclipse  
3) Dazzlings  
2) Sombra  
  1. Wallflower
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Hakirayleigh

She got a lot of points for just how…human her motivation was and being a real standout in her threat.

The fact that she’s one of the more recent and therefore fresh-in-mind antagonists help. I had to rewatch a few clips to decide who went where.

@Background Pony #0FAF

No, top worst bottom best.

…I actually had like multi-paragraph explanation for each but got bored halfway through.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
in hindsight  
the Zecora episode makes the Ponies pretty irrational due to how many species that are much more different to ponies than zebras pass by without that much trouble
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide