Unpopular opinion time

Kanye West
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
@TheMultiBrony21  
Okay, let me state what I meant before my annoyance goes through the roof. I’m also saying the fact that didn’t realize the clones were, you know, clones is dumb. Instead of that, they chose to focus on yet another riveting speech from Twilight Sparkle to put a bandaid on the wittle booboo.
TheMultiBrony21
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Mal Hearts
@Chrys  
There is no need to get hostile.

They don’t question the matter because they made up, no need to dwell on the past.

As for how many speeches will fix things…

You realize her speeches don’t automatically fix everything, right? Last I checked, she usually has to step in and use magic to fix a problem.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Jarkes

Well, I’m just saying, before Starlight came along there was no character besides Celestia/Luna who seemed like a match for Twilight when it came to magic.

If anything, the fact that Starlight supposedly isn’t some mare of destiny just makes it all the more questionable, like any random unicorn could have been just as if not more deserving of the Element of Magic as Twilight.
TheMultiBrony21
Artist -

Mal Hearts
@Spinny  
Well, Starlight had spent years mastering magic instead of Friendship… While Twilight has spent her time with friendship. In essence, Twilight’s element should have been the element of Friendship. Of course, they imply magic as in magic of Friendship.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@TheMultiBrony21  
HEAVILY imply.

For eight straight series ‘magic’ magic has been totally useless or actively harmful at every and all times.

Twilight Sparkle can use ‘friendship’ magic to instakill giant demons of ultimate destruction.

I think it’s fairly obvious which is more powerful.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Spinny

Well, here I have to disagree. With Star Swirl the Bearded and Clover the Clever we already knew two very powerful and influential unicorns. We’ve learned that the most powerful unicorn mages are moving the sun and moon before Luna and Celestia. Trixie also showed what a unicorn can do when it holds a magic artifact in its hands/hoofs. I would just like to point out here that we already knew before Twilight Alicorn that there are also among unicorns particularly powerful members. I never understood here why somebody suddenly think Starlight Glimmer is such an extraordinary thing.
TheMultiBrony21
Artist -

Mal Hearts
@PonyPon  
But Starlight spent more time on magic.

Twilight stopped studying one hundred percent into magic after the premier, while Starlight had continued to study magic all the way through to her first appearance in season 5.
Kanye West
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
Where has it been said or shown that Starlight spent most of her time studying magic? I must have missed something. I’m being serious, btw.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@DarkObsidian  
I never thought Twilight was super high on the scale to be honest. I imagined she was a high tier example of a graduate of Celestia’s school, no more and no less (especially early on, where her magic would often misfire).
TheMultiBrony21
Artist -

Mal Hearts
@Chrys  
It’s implied.

During her flashback of when she was younger, it’s implied that after losing Sunburst, she started studying magic to keep ponies from having special talents.

That type of magic, which belonged to a staff, would have taken a lot of time and research to find.

Another implication of her studying magic most her life is the time travel spell, among other things, which would have required her to have prior training with advanced spells in order for them to work.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Chrys  
I think the real issue is Starlight’s knowledge is much more specialized. Twilight isn’t just a mage, she’s a bureaucrat, a historian and general scholar, she has a basic knowledge (or thinks she does at least) of pretty much everything.

Starlight is surprisingly ignorant of a lot of things, and outside of magic never seems exceptionally intelligent. Sunburst and Twilight nerding out really intimidates her for instance. Honestly her entire focus is on magic and magic alone, and so it’s not surprising she’d be a little better at it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide