Unpopular opinion time

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Philweasel

In Twilight’s honor, it has to be said that she was, of course, very well read. She was the classic bookworm thrown into real life. And it had the pre-destination to become the Element of Magic. But more for an academic reason. Starlight is simply the power of nature. She is the natural born anti-thesis of Twilight’s academic path.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
She is an extraordinary thing. It’s not like any random unicorn can be as powerful as she is.

Honestly the entire cast is pretty extraordinary. No one ever called Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash or Rarity average ponies. Even Trixie is much more competent and powerful than a random unicorn in the street.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
And since her, we’ve had Starswirl confirmed to be stronger than Twi is currently.

Frankly, I would expect Starswirl’s horn blast to be a bit more practiced. He’s frequently shown diving into battle, where as Twilight only does so under duress.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
Ah the thrust and parry of Starlight discourse.

And I see we’re talking about how much like Rey she is (ie her power level and where it comes from)  
The thing about her magic level isn’t so much that she had a really high on, it’s that it comes out of nowhere, is given no explanation as to how she got it other than “she’s just that strong” and goes against one of the things she was initially praised for, in that she was just a normal unicorn yet though wit and planning could pose to be a formidable challenge.

That being said she does possess the most powerful magic of all, the writers favor
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Not everything needs to be explicitly spelled out. Inference is a thing.

Also, having a spell that can remove and replace cutie marks is a pretty good indicator of high power, I’d say.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Philweasel

Now let’s stick with unicorns and capture some of the most powerful:

• Chancellor Neighsay  
  • Mistmane  
  • Sable Spirit  
  • Shining Armor  
  • Snowfall Frost  
  • King Sombra  
  • Sunset Shimmer  
  • Tempest Shadow

And these are just the unicorns that we know were very strong magic users. Probably other unicorns can do similar, if not bigger things, but the show is about Mane 6, I just want to say that I never questioned the power of Starlight Glimmer. And for very good reason.

@Chrys

I like your dog too. ;-D
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I just figured that the Changelings were cursed in some way and their “new” forms are actually their original, uncursed forms.
TheMultiBrony21
Artist -

Mal Hearts
@Chrys  
Interesting…

I was thinking she was the last queen of the Crystal Empire, but not bad.

On Starlight, a key part of why she’s so powerful is that she could be a descendant of Starswirl, same with Twilight.

Which means… Starswirl has onw awkward family: A changeling queen, the Princess of Friendship, and a Guidance Consular.
TheMultiBrony21
Artist -

Mal Hearts
@Jarkes  
That… Actually makes sense and goes with the theory Queen Chrysalis might not be a real changeling… The theory suggests she was originally a Queen of the Crystal Empire until somehow she got cursed.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
Not everything needs to be explicitly spelled out. Inference is a thing.
Also, having a spell that can remove and replace cutie marks is a pretty good indicator of high power, I’d say.

Honestly it’s like saying the Headmaster of a School of Magic being good at magic is an asspull. If she wasn’t good at magic, none of her evil plans would have been possible, and Twilight would have never taken her on as an apprentice.

@EotD  
Ah the thrust and parry of Starlight discourse.
And I see we’re talking about how much like Rey she is (ie her power level and where it comes from)
The thing about her magic level isn’t so much that she had a really high on, it’s that it comes out of nowhere, is given no explanation as to how she got it other than “she’s just that strong” and goes against one of the things she was initially praised for, in that she was just a normal unicorn yet though wit and planning could pose to be a formidable challenge.

That sounds… like a really dodgy defense of aristocratic privilege.

I’m pretty sure the assumption that quality only came from inbred dynasties and that the peasants were all worthless mongrels died out with the feudal system.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Jarkes
Who said anything about Destiny?
I just said she could be descendant of him, not that she was going to be like him.

As I said, I hate it more for the fact that it assumes that you’re only worth a damn if you’re from a privileged family, and that if your dad shoveled dung for a living you might as well give up now.

I’m from England. Class is still a big deal.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide