Unpopular opinion time

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@hironakamura
That would just make her another Discord, and one’s more than enough.
Nah. Discord’s chaotic. My vision for Starlight is a lot more of a sociopath. Y’know, the one that wanted to spend eternity in a time loop just to mess up Twilight’s and her friends lives.
I want ponies to be afraid of her maniacal laugh and I want her to over react on the most mundane things. To top it off, I want her to be shown taking advantage of the ponies infinitely forgiving nature mostly for comedic effect. And then underneath all that grime, sharp and rough superficial exterior, there is a tiny but bright “glimmer” of a true friend that comes out whenever it needs to.
That’s what friends are. They’re not perfect people. They’re people that you like even if they piss you off.

So Trixie then?
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
I feel I should show more empathy for people who no longer enjoy the show due to changes they don’t agree (e.g Starlight,changedlings etc)  
Usually I don’t give a damn but maybe I should :x
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Marx

I have no problems with people who no longer enjoy the show as long as they aren’t dicks about it to the people who do still enjoy it. And this of course goes both ways: the people who do still enjoy it shouldn’t be dicks to the people that don’t.
Background Pony #0C67
@PonyPon  
It really pisses me off, Chrysalis is evil and I love it, too bad the show hasn’t done anything to show the better side of a mother.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Wiimeiser  
The show couldn’t get away with death if it tried

actually this one really is too old

@gingerninja666  
I’m still not feeling how Starlight is a clone of Twilight

She’s a powerful Unicorn who isn’t Twilight Sparkle from 2012 and refuses to just go away and stop existing– that’s all it takes for her detractors.

@PonyPon  
trixie is as real as it gets

I thought this was as real as it gets.  
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
Elaborate.

Aw, I was just messing with hironakamura.

…and possibly throwing a tiny bit of shade Trixie’s way, sure. Come on, the mare touts a personal philosophy of never learning from your mistakes, has exactly one friend (and even she wants to deck her half the time), and puts way, way too much effort into being a gigantic dick at all times.

She’s not a sociopath though. I honestly think that ultimately Trixie just feels it’s all a bit of laugh, and never really wants anyone to get hurt or upset. She’s likely got a backstory that would make you weep, and a whole bucketload of personal demons that she’s still running from. And though she might wet herself every time danger looms it’s head, she’s still without fail placed her skinny, magic deficient rump between it and her companions twice now.

Which is why she’s #6 on my best pony list, and Discord’s right beside Angel Bunny and Svengallop.
NoBronyInParticular

@Marx  
Let’s also not forget the fans who unfortunately couldn’t get over Lauren Faust’s departure or Alicorn Twilight. Even though I still heavily enjoy the show, I too feel bad for those that no longer can.

@TexasUberAlles  
How is it that the censors were OK with that scene in HAHD, yet objected to a Call of Duty reference in the form of COTC originally being called Call of Cutie?
Background Pony #0832
@Philweasel  
They better not. The more Trixie gets shat on, the more pissed I become. I mean really fucking pissed. I’ll start another shitstorm if that happens, I’ll do worse.
hironakamura
Artist -

@hironakamura
That would just make her another Discord, and one’s more than enough.
Nah. Discord’s chaotic. My vision for Starlight is a lot more of a sociopath. Y’know, the one that wanted to spend eternity in a time loop just to mess up Twilight’s and her friends lives.
I want ponies to be afraid of her maniacal laugh and I want her to over react on the most mundane things. To top it off, I want her to be shown taking advantage of the ponies infinitely forgiving nature mostly for comedic effect. And then underneath all that grime, sharp and rough superficial exterior, there is a tiny but bright “glimmer” of a true friend that comes out whenever it needs to.
That’s what friends are. They’re not perfect people. They’re people that you like even if they piss you off.
So Trixie then?

Why not? Trixie has the more colorful personality than Starlight. That’s what they did in one of the LoM comics. They gave Starlight Trixie’s personality because that type of character matches well off of straight man types.

I always thought Trixie should have been Twilight’s student. She was introduced since season 1. She was the original rival. She should have been the one that’s reformed. She should have had the missing friend back story which I always thought that fit well with the reason why she traveled everywhere.

My theory is Starlight was created because Sunset was created for EqG. They were running out of ideas with the existing characters so instead of fleshing out an already existing character like Trixie, they created a new one instead. Y’know, like Fairly Odd Parents did. Instead of using characters like Tootie, Chester and AJ, they made Foop, Chloe and that terrible fairy dog.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@hironakamura  
Starlight is much better than atrocities like the dog and Chloe. Trixie is the rival Twilight. And she wants Starlight teaches her interesting spells…to defeat Twilight. That’s because Trixie isn’t Twilight pupil, because the comedic relief Trixie and Twilight always are rivals.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide