Starlight Glimmer- What is the opinion of her still?

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Azyrite  
I thought Starlight and Trixie hooked up with each other because both had a lot in common when it came to making friends and difficulty getting people to understand them. Seems like at this point, they’re used to each other despite Trixie annoying the living hell out of Starlight.

Tell that to Big Mac and Limestone Pie for why we love ships so much.
Azyrite

Only the faithful.
@ILoveMyoozik  
Ah, That’s only the in universe reason they Hooked up.

But everything that happens in this show, Whether it be Princess Twilight, EQG, The friendship castle or Starlight, Is specifically concieved to sell merchandise. Starlight was the newest toy, She needed a boost in popularity so she was paired with the original Fandom Darling.

Making sure she had a potential love interest from the outset Was a smart move as well Because like I said, we love shipping just as much as the intended audience does and Hasbro knows it.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Azyrite  
Well you gotta keep in mind that Hasbro is a toy company, so it’s inevitable that any input they put into the show (whether it’s positive or negative), it was made to sell toys. Hell, take a look at the much hyped Starlight/Trixie rocket toy that’s about to be released. Hasbro is capitalizing on their friendship in the show to create plastic play things for little girls to enjoy and for grown men to collect.
A Non Man
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations

Don't Call Me Brony
The thing is, Starlight and Trixie’s friendship makes too much sense storywise to just be written off as a mere marketing move. They’re both not very villainous ex-villains with major personality flaws who are trying to better themselves. I kind of love how they somehow make each other better when together, rather than their negative traits reinforcing each other’s. It’s also better to show Starlight forming her own band of friends than simply trying to glom off of the Mane 6, when it’s clear that she’s only close to Twilight. (And boy, oh, boy, is she close to Twilight. There’s a reason I maintain she’s more an adopted daughter than a mere friend at this point.)

As for Sunburst, I think she wants to maintain the relationship because that seems to be the one bright spot in her memories of childhood. I can sympathize, because I’m also the type that hates to think that an old relationship is just over. Sunburst clearly still likes her, but I think the problem is that Starlight built their friendship up in her memory as this huge, important thing, while it just wasn’t as important to Sunburst.
Azyrite

Only the faithful.
@ILoveMyoozik  
Their friendship was specifically engineered to be capitalised on but that’s just the nature of the beast. can’t blame Hasbro for being Hasbro. Trixie was a happy accident. She was a one off character who fired up the early fandoms imagination and became way more popular then she was ever intended to be. Starlight was Hasbro’s attempt to recreate that magic on purpose, to mixed results.

Also, The cool thing about that rocket toy though is that Starlight can easily be removed and it would still look awesome. great news for guys like me who’ve been waiting for awesome Trixie merch but don’t like starlight. I may even glue Starlight to an atomic bomb model to recreate that scene from Dr Strangelove.

full
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Azyrite  
Ok, enjoy breaking a great merchadise about Starlight and Trixie friendship, monster, despite your mindset Starlight is paired up with Tixie or Maud case popularity stuff and not because writers don’t want a sixth wheel to “Twilight is 100% right” truck. Another reason to Twilight and Trixie rivalry. Anyways three months is a lot of time.
Azyrite

Only the faithful.
@Hakirayleigh  
I got the part where you called me a monster ( It’s true) but then it gets kinda hard to understand what you’re talking about.

Anyway, I’ll just take a guess and say I agree. Starlight was paired with Trixie and Maud because they were very popular and already well known. She gels with them way better then the mane 6 because she is a third wheel in Twilights group.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Azyrite  
I agree at that part, I always have preferred Starlight with a new group of friends than another piece to mane6 + Spike. Specially in the last seasons the remane5 are a bit “Twilight minions” than real friends. Though the movie change that, but Twilight was a real motives about make friendship with “probable” betrayals.
Background Pony #BBC6
As for Sunburst, I think she wants to maintain the relationship because that seems to be the one bright spot in her memories of childhood.

I think so, too. that’s the reason why she’s little obsess to Sunburst. her attempt of reconsturcting their happiest moment, her blind excitement towards Sunburst hinted this.
A Non Man
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations

Don't Call Me Brony
As for Sunburst, I think she wants to maintain the relationship because that seems to be the one bright spot in her memories of childhood.
I think so, too. that’s the reason why she’s little obsess to Sunburst. her attempt of reconsturcting their happiest moment, her blind excitement towards Sunburst hinted this.

After Uncommon Bonds, I’m more likely to ship Sunburst with Twilight than with Starlight. They seem to have more genuine chemistry than that platonic friends thing he has with Starlight.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@A Non Man  
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Starlight is not emotionally mature enough for a relationship, especially with Sunburst (who’s himself a bundle of social inadequacy).

I admit I can see him and Twilight working well together.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@ILoveMyoozik

Actually, I don’t think they WERE bored with each other. Star and Sun were just about to get onto a shared conversation about something before Twilight showed up. (that chandeliers are often made with magical crystals) Then later, Sunburst WAS intrigued by the Mirror Pool, but then they heard Maud.

Friends who don’t have a vast amount in common can get on through showing a genuine interest in the others’ hobbies. You can expand your horizons. What happened in Uncommon Bond was that people who ALREADY had lots in common with Sun started showing up and going balls deep into their shared interests, turning Star into a third wheel. It gave Star the impression that her friend has moved on and there was no hope.
Azyrite

Only the faithful.
After centuries of marauding around Equestria, ransacking city’s and leaving naught but ruins and the drained husks of her victims in her wake, The princess has declared Queen Chrysalis fit to re-enter society.

Sure, She has a body count that rivals Dysentery, But she said sorry and now looks like a Christmas tree so we’re good now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide