Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #8A54
Then that means Pinkie only gets one solo episode (Common Ground was RD not PP so RD has already had both of hers)

Pinkie had both a Trivial Pursuit and The Last Laugh, unless you’re gonna make the argument that The Last Laugh was a Cheese Sandwich episode rather than Pinkie’s, which it kinda was, but then by that logic, Common Ground was a Quibble episode rather than RD’s, which it kinda was
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #8A54  
Although I just remembered Pinkie was in A Trivial Pursuit. But still, AJ is the only one who hasn’t had two episodes in the limelight yet, so she’s almost a guarantee. Will probably be episode 23, as S1E4 was an AJ episode, so it would make a perfect bookend (This, incidentally, is part of the reason I strongly doubt we’re getting any more CMC episodes, as Call of the Cutie and The Last Crusade are both Episode 12). We shall see on the weekend, perhaps.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
  • Applejack – every main character gets two and AJ hasn’t had her second yet, probably sharing episode with Big Mac Rarity since every season has that Big Mac Rarijack episode

Season 8 says hi
Background Pony #EEA5
I don’t know about you guys but I am sorely going to miss these ponies when they’re gone. Especially pinkie pie.

It’s hard to believe too that there’s technically only 3 weeks of FIM left to go.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Wow. Dragon Dropped || really… dropped the ball, eh?

It used the S1 version of Rarity, the one that was discussed over and over as being a manipulative sociopath instead of the so-called embodiment of generosity. They even make it a point of showing that she’s empathy-stunted, but also that she’s seeing Spike as a tool to take for granted.

Thing is, Rarity changed, she owns multiple businesses and isn’t the same she used to be. They’ve closed off her character arc by… reverting her to an earlier state and solving that aspect instead of going with her recent developments.

I’m aware the past couple seasons haven’t exactly been the best when it came to character development, but… just ignoring them isn’t much better.

Bottom of the list this goes.||
Ponysa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Why the hay not?
@Prowl

Well, Equestria Girls did give as Rollercoaster of Friendship in the same year so maybe DHX felt that was enough Rarijack in both series (no need for over-saturation XD)
Background Pony #8DD6
We could have had an episode where Spike learns where his egg came from, or an episode about Fluttercord.

Instead, we get another Daring Do episode, and an episode about the CMCs being magically turned into adults.

For fuck’s sake, man.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Shimmering Spectacle

@The Equestrian Zodiac  
Same, I’m having trouble believing the validity of this, given there isn’t a press release of the first two, which this reads like.

I mean, if I’m being honest, these don’t sound bad or anything, one more adventure with Daring(hopefully better than Daring Done) and the CMC being grown ups is standard kids stuff, but they still sound a bit underwhelming. I’d figure if RD’s got one more episode it’d be about the WBs instead of Daring(or involve both in a perfect world, but hey, at least it’s a more fitting last episode than 246G), and again, CMC is really standard….so much so that it just sounds meh and predictable

EDIT: Fuck they’re real
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide