MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I don’t really think that was foreshadowing tbh
They probably never planned Alphabittle to be Misty’s dad when the movie came out, him having a pacifier amongst all the other prizes was probably just the animators throwing in something random for a laugh
Background Pony #5C74
Not sure it’s really fair you’re comparing G5 locations from three different venues (movie, comics, MYM) and just the show with G4.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
Also, reading that issue reminded me how much I like the “historian/G4 fangirl Sunny” the comics tend to emphasize more.
I get it, following through Sunny’s character journey in the movie that character trait is not necessarily something that would be intrinsic to her character after their journey has ended…but it makes her more interesting so who cares, let her have it.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Briarlight
Point is, he really doesn’t deserved to get attacked for simply following the higher ups orders. Plus every artist has different skill levels of drawing. Doesn’t diminish their talent.
@Briarlight
We don’t know if the editorial is still brainstorming new ideas as they claimed or that Hasbro has already pulled the plug and they already shared the bad news.
@Background Pony #5C74
Yeah, if you’re gonna compare apples, do it with other apples, and only apples. It’s not only blatantly biased that even a toddler can detect, but by proper comparison, fim has more places still.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Briarlight
Point is, he really doesn’t deserved to get attacked for simply following the higher ups orders.
Of course he doesn’t, lots of people were defending him and shaming the people coming after him, even making Misty bald as a way to make fun of the attackers. Vast majority of people think this is ludicrous.
Midnox

@Briarlight
Point is, he really doesn’t deserved to get attacked for simply following the higher ups orders.
Of course he doesn’t, lots of people were defending him and shaming the people coming after him, even making Misty bald as a way to make fun of the attackers. Vast majority of people think this is ludicrous.
Just what we needed, more personal attacks and death threats because of “minority code blasphemy” added to G5’s possible end 😒. Man, is he compensating because Derpibooru got him in trouble for making a fuss for white Misty or something🙄?
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@TheQuietMan
I know that actually reading what other people wrote is very hard for you, but I did count the G4 comics that were out at the time. You can tell because I wrote:
If we’re counting the comics that were out at the time:
11) Macintosh Hills
12) Changeling Kingdom
Zabilac

I mean from the comics, the Mane Six have all been to the moon, Horseshoe Bay, and the sea where the seapony Hoofbeard fell in love with lives in, from what I can remember.
From EQG, you could technically say all the Mane 6 have been to Canterlot High.
From the show itself, there’s Ghastly Gorge and the Diamond Dogs’ home.
I’m hesitant on how much Fluttershy’s Cottage can be counted as a “new area”, but okay.
Background Pony #A781
there would or could be the Mane 6 going to the moon in episode 24 or 23 and multiple places in Equestria not seen, I wonder what the context is for this
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I’m hesitant on how much Fluttershy’s Cottage can be counted as a “new area”, but okay.
I think he means that it’s “new” in the sense that it’s a different version of Fluttershy’s cottage, now being abandoned and dilapidated as well as being a new place to explore. The underground part of the cottage they explore in the G5 comics was not seen in FiM.
Background Pony #CC0B
You know, it has just occurred to me that when Season 2 of TYT got started back in January, the first few episodes really did come out on a weekly schedule as originally advertised. But by around late February or early March, the series suddenly (for seemingly no reason at the time) went to a biweekly release schedule, with the special longer episode not releasing until three weeks after the the previous standard episode.
It is only recently that we found out that it was around March or April that further production of TYT episodes was rather abruptly cancelled. Putting those pieces together, it now makes sense why the release schedule was suddenly lengthened when it did, because they wanted to stretch out for as long as possible what they did manage to complete. Had they stuck with their intended weekly schedule, the final completed episode would’ve released on June 20.
I guess they decided to wait until they reached the last few completed episodes on this stretched out release schedule before they finally revealed the truth of TYT’s cancellation so that we wouldn’t spend the entire summer panicking about the future of not just G5 but all of MLP in general.
Background Pony #3073
Will G6 use a US voice cast, or will Hasbro stick with using Canadian VAs?
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
Even as someone who wasn’t fond of Andy’s art this issue, I find this whole “controversy” stupid.
Some people just have zero sense of scale; It is possible to find fault in something without demonizing the creator.
BenSanchez
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Mane 6 and other ponies are drawn with different mane styles and no one bats an eye
Misty is drawn with a different mane style and people lose their minds
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide