MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Dex Stewart  
Pony Life is fine. It’s pretty funny. But like Teen Titans Go if it goes on too long then it loses its charm. Pony Life was better because it was just a filler show and I enjoyed it for what it was. But if it actually replaced the more serious story of G5, I would be mad.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Latecomer

It’s clear imagery that they’re, well, half the ponies they used to be. If that remains by the end of the movie, then it’ll be hard if not impossible to shake off the impression of a decaying world that’s already beyond saving.
Background Pony #121A
It’s clear imagery that they’re, well, half the ponies they used to be. If that remains by the end of the movie, then it’ll be hard if not impossible to shake off the impression of a decaying world that’s already beyond saving.

Because their active magic was gone; only their internal passive magic was back, which may explain why they only had one cutie mark in the beginning. They must therefore have both cutie marks at the end of the movie.

Speaking of Lauren Faust - it looks like her OC pony has become a canon in the trailer. I did not see it until recently, and it was undoubtedly a plushie if the back is invisible, which looks just like Fausticorn. If we were to see it with wings in the movie - amazing. Maybe Sunny`s alicorn disguise when she was a foal was inspired by the plushie? The resolution is intentionally manipulated so we can not see important details in the long run, but there is a lot that can be seen without them being identifiable. The mysterious pony with the balloons was obviously left alone to troll us in the forefront of the movie, because it could be Pinkie Pie on a “visit” from the Elsewhere. Smart.

I strongly hope that Argyle is alive and was traveling when Sunny had her adventures - considering what the book has revealed, I hope he will not faint when he sees his house in ruins. We need him, Queen Haven and Alphabittle in future G5 publications, they are great characters!

And as for the animals; I think it’s best for the future G5 artists to use the G4 design on the animals after the movie. These are the only things that are not good in the movie.

No more commenting, do not think we will have more revelations before the movie is out.
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #121A
How did the house get destroyed? Blown up to destroy the G4 stuff inside?
And I somehow doubt there’ll be two cutie marks by the end…

A robot happened. The pictures from the book are now gone, but I remember that the ponies looked complete in the last pictures.

The earth ponies have pony-adapted Pacific Rim technology. That’s all I can say.
Background Pony #BC7D
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
But I don’t think that what this series depicts would’ve happened in a realistic sequel to FiM. I think she was turned into a failure, she was never actually seen to have failed in G4 itself.

@Dex Stewart  
Pony Life should’ve lasted 9 seasons, just like FiM.
Background Pony #B01D
Idea:

Izzy eating a can of beans in the same way as Popeye eating a can of spinach.
Background Pony #BC7D
Maybe the Equestria Girls reboot will be set in the same time period as the original, but in a different school. (Since we can assume that time may work different in another universe.) Or also, maybe the EqG reboot will be set in a different universe all together through a different portal.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide