IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
Just something I thought about, if Shadow Lock is Stygian’s descendant and the latter now lives in present day, would Shadow Lock ceased to exist? Or is the time stream already broken but not too broken?
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

They… gave Whitley a story with a shitton of characters to add.

No wonder they all look straight out of an OC creator gone haywire. Everyone is special.

So, who’s taking bets on which of those will end up being Whitley’s pet Mary Sue this time around?
Background Pony #D8EC
What is up with these Zebras? The designs are, hoenestly, pretty darn bad. Like, NüChangeling level bad.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
Ugh, Chrysalis is totally out of character in the Transformers cross over. She’s worried her latest plan is a little too obvious.

…she would never be that self aware.

Starscream on the other hand heads straight to Rarity so he can look sufficiently fabulous when he betrays Megatron. That feels a lot more legit.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ugh, Chrysalis is totally out of character in the Transformers cross over. She’s worried her latest plan is a little too obvious.
…she would never be that self aware.

…honestly, in both the show and comics, she just isn’t the best at thinking things through due to her massive ego.

After all, she underestimated Twilight, and outright lost in a fight, due to underestimating the way Twilight’s finesse would help her leverage a power boost they both had (the comet), and prodding her into resisting by gloating about what she was going to make Twilight do to her former friends.

I like her character for what it actually is (a sadistic narcissistic egomaniac whose style does her a lot of favors), but “really considering consequences” or “good at hindsight” isn’t part of that, and she lacks the self-awareness to consider that she has that as a character flaw, should work on that.

Even at her best in the show (To Where and Back Again), she failed to brief her minions on Starlight Glimmer’s name and title as Twilight’s pupil (when she literally lives with two of the kidnapping victims), confirming she knew that in the next part, in addition to how awful more than one of the impersonators were, and she chalked her S8 failure on “servants always fail you in the end,” ignoring how it was fundamentally flawed as a plan (“evil clones use the Elements of Harmony against originals”), or her lackluster leadership.

…she also likes to use brute force when available, on all accounts, be grandiose, which is an underlying reason why “slit their throats” doesn’t cut it in her eyes, and she doesn’t see anything wrong with this, if she’s even consciously aware of thinking like that.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@AC97  
The Friends Forever line is my favorites and has plenty to choose from, though I’d go with #3, #6, #11-13, #15, #17, #23-26, and #36. For the main series, most of the one-shots are harmless fluff. Equestria Girls has some pretty bad luck, all but one of the comics featuring EQG is pretty bad, except for March Radness which is actually pretty good. Legends of Magic I actually hear is really good and some of the other side stuff is pretty good like Ponyville Mysteries, and Feats of Friendship. Fiendship, only the first two comics are pretty good, the rest are pretty blah. Other than the first few arcs, most of the arcs in the main series are pretty bad, save for a couple of exceptions like Manehattan Mysteries. MLPxTransformers is off to a promising start
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

…she also likes to use brute force when available, on all accounts, be grandiose, which is an underlying reason why “slit their throats” doesn’t cut it in her eyes, and she doesn’t see anything wrong with this

Strange, isn’t it? Changelings are naturally inclined to stealth and deception, yet Chrysalis disdains both. Sometimes I think her becoming queen had to be a mistake.

@AC97

Main series 1 - 10, 21 - 22, 42, 64, 65, 67, 68, 70, 71, and 80  
The 2014 Annual  
Micro issues 3, 5, 7, 8, and 10  
Friends Forever 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9  
Nightmare Knights and Legends of Magic was decent.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide