The Event: Aftermath

Poll results: Did you have fun during the event?

Yeah!
47.68% 739 votes
Indifferent
23.10% 358 votes
Mostly, with a couple of bumps
20.19% 313 votes
Not really, my experience was somewhat negative
6.26% 97 votes
This event actively ruined my entire week, never run this event again
2.77% 43 votes

Poll ended with 1550 votes.

Пшеница
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Artist -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Perhaps you need a more hands-on help. Maybe you can find a local or close drawing workshop? They tend to be for all levels and you’ll have people ther ehelping you on site.
Well, maybe I’ll try to. Still to shy to do so. It’s like… I feel shame when looks at my own arts despite I believe I shouldn’t. I guess.
Oh, and well, I’ve already tried to take a drawing courses. And i’ve failed them :D
Posted Report
HazyFire
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Oh by the way, for the next event, the players will be assigned based on their activity in this event, rather than strictly even-odd split. Every first player will be assigned to team 1, while every other player would be team 2, ordered by their total points. This means red flux would be on Team 1, while WatermelonRat would land on Team 2, and so on.
Did I get it right? The even-odd split would apply not on user ID but on top-scored-players list of this event? For example, does it mean that if my place is 48, I’ll be in one team with those who were at 2nd, 4th, 10th, 24th, 34th and so on places?..
Posted Report
Dark
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

just Dark
Perhaps you need a more hands-on help. Maybe you can find a local or close drawing workshop? They tend to be for all levels and you’ll have people ther ehelping you on site.
Well, maybe I’ll try to. Still to shy to do so. It’s like… I feel shame when looks at my own arts despite I believe I shouldn’t. I guess.
Oh, and well, I’ve already tried to take a drawing courses. And i’ve failed them :D
Meh, one just don’t fail ay doing art. You should be given “tools” and learn how to apply them.
Then it’s up to you. But someone’s bad art os someone else’s masterpiece
Posted Report
Frenchy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Please, I'm Belgian
I sure hope there is a special badge for getting an immense score of 20 because I DESERVE it!
Jokes aside, I am proud to be one of the rare few citizens of the Sun. After all, Rarity makes everything better!
Posted Report
HazyFire
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Adjust point gain based on the amount of tags present in the image upload. 3-7 tags = 1 point, 8-10 tags = 5 points, 11+ tags = 10 points
I’d suggest also multiplying point gaining by something like x3 or x5 if artist/editor tag belongs to the uploader. I suppose it would be fair and it would encourage users to draw and create their own stuff more than just uploading a tons of others’ work!
Posted Report
Пшеница
Artist -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Meh, one just don’t fail ay doing art. You should be given “tools” and learn how to apply them.
Then it’s up to you. But someone’s bad art is someone else’s masterpiece
Well, half of the deal is done, I’ve got my… Tools. Those wacom tablets pretty handy. And not only as being plate tray!
But I get what you said. Sometimes I’ve get into situation when someone says “That art of yours was pretty nice. I wish I could draw too”. Even if I consider my own pics as pretty bad. It gives a courage. A bit.
Posted Report
PwnyPony
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

☀Welcome Princess Celest
What about artist point contribution? Would probably be too hard track and or automate with so many posts being made.
Probably also pretty open to abuse.
A look through the April Fools 2023 tag shows a good handful of people drew or created something simply because of the event though they probably only ended up contributing about 10+ points to their teams.
Posted Report
Пшеница
Artist -

I’d suggest also multiplying point gaining by something like x3 or x5 if artist/editor tag belongs to the uploader. I suppose it would be fair and it would encourage users to draw and create their own stuff more than just uploading a tons of others’ work!
That’s would be a shame then because I didn’t tagget my own arts with my own tag since I don’t have one (and I’m too shy to create one) >_>
Posted Report
kleptomage
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I could have had a higher score if I had put in more time, but I’m happy with what I got. I just made it to 666 in the last 10 minutes because it was an attainable number between ranks C and B.
Lunar victory was always a foregone conclusion, though hats off to the Solar Empire for fighting well.
@Princess Celestia
A good and thorough write-up.
I have a couple suggestions for the next time you run a similar game:
Adding tags should count for points since tags are an essential part of the site and if people are mass uploading images, skipping tags will be the first thing they do to save time.
I saw points change by 1,000 or more over the course of an hour. Adjusting point gain for the losing team is a decent idea, but I don’t think it should kick in until there is at least a 5,000 point deficit.
Posted Report
Proudy Hooves
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

That hockey pony :v
Woo!
Welp, i was about 100+ points short of being on top-100 (had perhaps 598 at the end), but at least i’ll get that fancy C-rank badge!
And it’s still crazy to see that red flux was insanely hard-working, nobody else even reached to 15k+ points!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide