The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #D257
@Raptorshy  
So you’re telling me that all the other people in the moderation staff aren’t participating in this?  
full

Or they don’t want to participate and talk with the community of derpibooru?  
Because that is a lot of people but you will only see Princess Luna and Derpy talking in the drama thread of the forum.  
So you can’t really blame the reaction of the community when the only one that participate in this is using such questionable way to deal this problem
Bexar Bandito
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I Sell Propane
@Raptorshy  
what i don’t understand is why everyone is acting super cagey about exactly what happened to him. what’s going on? did he get banned and demodded or did he quit voluntarily? is he on sabbatical or is he gone for furbooru or something? i really do feel bad for him and it sucks to see him go.
deactivateda0841fe

@anonymous@@@@  
A lot have tried in the past. It requires more than just hitting a button. It’s a lot of back and forth communication and parsing out posts, pulling out and discussing collabs with other artists involved, etc. On top of that you need a high tolerance for people yelling and swearing at you. It’s not something just anybody can handle.

I know one that can likely help come next week, but it depends on work and availability.

@Bexar Bandito  
It’s hidden right now because he’s taking a break from the site.
Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
@anonymous@@@@  
You don’t have to try and reveal things about somebody I already know. :P

It goes deeper than that. It’s not all as clean cut as it seems from the outside.

That said, mistakes happen. You can’t hold them against somebody forever. I get the feeling from some of you that you’re just having too much fun ragging on the guy.
Background Pony #6C09
@Bexar Bandito  
Mod titles don’t actually mean anything, he could still be performing moderation duties without his title (as he has done in the past, for that matter). Besides, given that he’s “part of the team”, even if his duties are temporarily suspended to let him take a break or something, he can be reinstated with zero effort (and almost certainly will be within a day, or if not, then certainly within a few days).
Background Pony #EC55
@Raptorshy  
I appreciate the context. I don’t know what he has been through or what else is going on in his life that could be adding to his stress. Hopefully everyone can move on and the site can be relatively calm like it used to be.
Hisexpliciteditor
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Survivor of MW2 Lobbies
Raise your hand if you’ve been under anywhere near the kind of stress Derpy, and staff in general, has over this.
Lemme guess, that hand is still down or lying.
This is like level 3 levels of stress. Since their were people threaten to take down their Patreon and failed. Level 7 is when they manage to get DNS services to drop support on this site, having your official twitter account banned from multiple report spam and their discord completely shutdown from the pressure of the outrage mod. Even though they dealing with stress right now, their not at the worst state from what i’ve seen.
Bexar Bandito
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I Sell Propane
@Raptorshy  
@Background Pony #6C09

ok fair enough, glad i got a straight answer at least. honestly i don’t blame him one tiny bit for stepping away considering the sisyphean task he was burdened with and all the bullshit he was getting from users. hopefully he’ll be feeling better sooner than later.
Background Pony #6C09
@Raptorshy  
By the way, I appreciate that there is a lot of drama and tension right now and things are in flux. But in the future, when the immediate rules issues are sorted and you start working on the planned transparency improvements, are there any plans to enforce actual staff list transparency as well?

“Taking a break” doesn’t mean you’re not staff anymore. You’re not staff if you quit or are removed. For a non-staff member to become staff, presumably there’s some sort of application process, followed by vetting. Would you instantly give, say, Archonix mod access, just because he used to be a mod at one point? (If so, then let me know, because then my argument is moot.) If you wouldn’t, and yet Derpy can come back and instantly regain mod status, that means they never really left. Someone who goes on holiday isn’t leaving their job, they don’t quit and don’t need to reapply: so during their holiday they are still an employee. While moderation isn’t employment, the principles are the same.

Basically what I’m trying to say is that Derpy is still a staff member right now, albeit on break. And yet the staff list page doesn’t list him, meaning the staff list is incomplete and cannot really be trusted. Hence my question, do you have any plans to, as part of your transparency commitment, eventually curb this practice and enforce an actually accurate staff list?
Harmony Gladebloom
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
@Bexar Bandito
It’s hidden right now because he’s taking a break from the site.

If he’s just taking a temporary break, I think he should still be on the staff list for when he comes back, since otherwise people get the impression that he’s no longer part of the team since he’s been removed from the staff list. I think a way to mark staff members on the list as “currently inactive”, with that marking being mandatory to remove before taking further action as staff, could help paint a better picture for users if implemented.
deactivateda0841fe

@Background Pony #D257  
It’s a very complicated topic and not everyone is comfortable putting themselves in the spotlight. Some are currently inactive due to RL things, others have never really handled situations of this scale and have mostly been doing one-off reports or tags up until now.

@Skoon  
I second this.
Background Pony #D257
@Raptorshy  
What a shame. I guess the real problem at the end is the quality of the whole staff of derpibooru.  
To bad that you have to handle the fuck up of your team.  
Stay strong raptorshy.
deactivateda0841fe

@Background Pony #6C09  
In general if they left voluntarily and were good staff, they’re welcome to come back. It’s a completely voluntary position and they can leave or stay as they wish. Usually when staff want to be hidden it’s to prevent delays in communication when users go to the staff page to try to ask any of the staff a question. It’s also been done a sometimes for staff that feel it’s better to step back during massive drama and try to avoid getting involved with something they feel they can’t handle. I’m not a huge fan of the latter, but I can definitely see the reasoning behind it.

That being said, an option to grey out staff that are currently inactive is a good idea and I’m going to write that one down for later.

@anonymous@@@@  
I don’t think I can properly articulate the answer to this at this time. It’s a bit more complicated than just cracking a whip, and even more than that it’s largely related to what is essentially a temporary issue (the current state of the site) and not something they specifically did wrong.
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Well I hope Derpy even can get a rest with this whole mess in the back of the mind.  
Despite me more often than not butting head with this particular mod he does a good Job.

Community Management is a bitch, burns you out and you can not really let it hanging because it pills up the Moment you turn your back on it for a coffe break. All the behind the Scene stuff user don´t even see and never supposed to see.
Background Pony #E99C
I don’t quite understand it.  
Is it like going invisible on Skype/Discord, so he is not on the mod list but he still has all moderation rights?  
Or is he actually without mod rights till he decides to come back from his break?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed