My country is going to hell.
1. From May 10 onwards, all inter-district travel is banned
until June 6. The government might lift it earlier if things improve within 2 weeks. Fortunately, officials cannot host gatherings either.
2. In the Klang Valley, beds in hospitals
have passed 70 percent capacity.
3. The government has introduced the HIDE system, a system that indicates which places (like shopping malls, train stations, and factories) have a higher risk of becoming Covid hotspots. Because suspected hotspots will be closed
down for three days, associations representing shopping malls and retail industries objected
to this system because it can drive away customers.
4. From Monday onwards, all Ramadhan and Aidilfitri bazaars will be closed
in MCO areas.
5. Four new Covid variants have been detected
in Malaysia: British (Sandakan, Lorong Megah Jaya), Nigerian, South African (5 clusters), and Indian (one foreigner).