Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

StardustSpix
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

order of scribes wizard
Here’s something I found interesting: Russia is pronounced “rush-uh,” but there’s no “h” in Russia. What’s up with that?
Russia is pronounced /‘ɹʌʃə/, the -ia suffix is sometimes pronounced this way (Croatia /kɹoʊ’eɪʃə/, Asia /ˈeɪʒə/, etc.) and this isn’t unusual for it to not be repesented with an H. in English, the glottal fricative /h/ isn’t even allowed within syllable codas (except in some Irish dialects).
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
I still remember someone in this thread being convinced that Israel being in the West Bank is completely justified and necessary due to Oct 7. This article shows what Israeli occupation really means, with the ending showing the problems with that mentality
The beginning is about a bulldozed Palestinian village that evacuated after settler violence became too unbearable for its residents
The IDF, predictably, doesn’t give a shit about that and cares more about the news crew documenting the destroyed village rather than the, you know, destroyed village
And of course, they are currently being supported heavily by the government, notably two settler ministers, one of whom is in charge of Israel’s police and the other claimed that every West Bank Palestinian is a Nazi. Nice people
This has contributed to attacks, including one where an armed man in a police uniform raided a Palestinian villager’s home at night and stole his livestock
And now, we get to the part, I’ll just let this part speak for itself
Almost at the other end of the West Bank, in a village outside Nablus called Burin, Ahmed Tirawi, a farmer looked across the valley at his olive trees, starting to rot because he has been forbidden by the local settlers to pick them.
“If I go up there on the hillside to harvest my olives, it’s taking my life in my hands. The settlers make attacks on the farmers here - one bullet and they will kill me.”
I went to talk to Yehuda Simon, a prominent settler leader at his own outpost, Havat Gilad, near Nablus. He is a lawyer who has represented settlers accused of attacking Palestinians, and he nodded approvingly when I said Palestinian farmers in the area near where he lived were being stopped from harvesting their olives.
“The army came to the conclusion that the Palestinians coming to harvest olives are gathering information in order to carry out an attack like on 7 October.”
Yeah this really reminds me of Watermelonrat’s take on the West Bank occupation, that’s partly why I chose to post this article here. While the mentality isn’t exactly the same, it still leads to the same result in the end, doesn’t it? Palestinians having their rights restricted by the IDF while settlers steal their land with impunity
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

This is your reminder that Russian propaganda doesn’t always come from the right, they also have the means and talking points to get tankie and commie bots going full throttle. “Bernie or Bust” was very successful in 2016, but plain old nihilism is always a winner… and a national specialty.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
An IDF sniper shot and killed two women who were sheltering inside the Holy Family Parish church in Gaza. The church is currently being used as a shelter for Christian and catholic families in the area.
Reports say it was a mother and daughter, and that the daughter was shot while trying to drag her mother’s body to safety.
There are no reports of Hamas fighters in or around the church.
Israeli forces are waging a holy war in all but name.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Tankies on Twitter are pushing the “VOTING CHANGES NOTHING SO WHY BOTHER” nonsense like crazy right now.
Fucking idiots, all of them.
8/10 times this is correct, but certain recent polls need to be put in context on this opinion.
For most people the Democrat option objectively is better for your quality of life over the Republican option. But there’s one demographic that’s being given a open-handed slap to the face, and that’s Arab-Americans. Palestinian-Americans especially, and you’ll never guess why!
Biden has thrown his lot in completely with Israel’s genocide of Palestine. From the start to today he’s questioned any and every death count or piece of news given by the Gazan health ministry, despite historically it being shown to be pretty accurate. Yet he unquestioningly accepts any and every Israeli statement to the same or related matters. He also sidestepped Congress in order to approve war munitions to Israel. Biden has gone so far as to throw America under the bus with a proclamation that “I think without Israel, there’s not a Jew in the world who’s secure. I think Israel is essential”.
With this in mind you can’t blame Arab-Americans for going from near 60% approval of Biden to sub 20% approval? Can you really blame a Palestinian-American for seeing no difference when their only options to vote for between someone who’s complicit in their people’s genocide and someone who would…also have 0 problem being complicit in their people’s genocide?
This is your reminder that Russian propaganda doesn’t always come from the right, they also have the means and talking points to get tankie and commie bots going full throttle. “Bernie or Bust” was very successful in 2016, but plain old nihilism is always a winner… and a national specialty.
Eh, the narrative of “Bernie or Bust” is still heavily pushed by Tankies and Hillary supporters (due in no small part to Hillary herself still blaming Bernie for her loss more than she blames Trump), but the actual numbers don’t check out.
I forget the exact ones but when it came time to cast their ballots Bernie supporters in both 2016 and 2020 voted for the Dem option in higher numbers than Hillary voters voted for Obama in 2008 or Obama voters for Hillary in 2016.
Bernie Bros get a lot of shit from the Democrat party despite being some of their most reliable voters.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Listen here:
I ain’t saying that voters have to worship Biden and act like he’s perfect.
They need to acknowledge that Trump would only go down harder on whatever dumb shit Biden currently does.
If Trump was currently in charge, he’d order actual nuking on the entire fucking region of Israel/Palestine 24/7 and not even bother with trying at temporary ceasefire in the first place.
In other words:
TANKIES ARE IGNORANT TUMORS.
Vortaxonus

In speaking of voting, I was perusing Reddit and found this comment under one of the democratic-leaning subreddits. To Quote Directly:
When the Texas Supreme Court made it’s ruling on the abortion case earlier this week, I took a look at the Fox News comments section for the story. The vast majority of top-level comments opposed the gratuitous cruelty of Paxton and the TX Supreme Court, with several observing that the GOP’s position on abortion could well cost Republicans the 2024 elections.
If the GOP has lost Fox news commenters on this issue, they’ve lost the country. It’s up to us to keep the right to choose an abortion front and center in 2024.
I did ask this person for a link to the article, but i should point out that it’s telling that the top comments on a Foxs News site regarding the texas supreme court case were not only appalled but could potentially cost them the 2024 elections. I suspect as more cases like the one in texas pops up (such as the one with a black woman today), it could very well fuck up the GOP’s chances come 2024. If the whole Gaza situation is a thorn in Biden’s side come 2024, then abortion is a gaping, infected wound in Trump’s (or whoever else Biden would end up facing).
Commune
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Zincy
You know when I initially read this I just saw “IDF killed two people” thought this was referring to the two West Bank Palestinians killed but no that’s a different story
Also according to the CNN article on sniper attack, seven other people were also injured by the sniper and the IDF also destroyed the church’s power generator and other power equipment as well as its water tanks
But don’t worry, I’m sure there was Hamas in those water tanks
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Re-watching LE’s video on Santos and I’m still in disbelief that no one looked into his story. It’s like watching Coffeezilla’s series on CryptoZoo and learning about Eddie all over again.
Background Pony #A51D
Trump didn’t start a war. That’s at least ONE THING he has over Bush.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #A51D
He almost did with Iran once, back in 2019 (ordering a retaliatory strike over a downed military drone).
The surprising thing is that he changed his mind at the last minute after he was made aware of the casualty estimate (which begs the question of why he wasn’t before he gave the order).
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Bush did 3 things I quite liked.
  1. Opened the Forex trade to the public allowing for easier small value currency trading.
  2. Actually yielded and allowed the VA to recognize pagan symbology as officially recognized, allowing for it to be put on veteran burial sites and worn on federal property.
  3. Signed an executive order extensively limiting federal eminent domain seizures.
He did a few other odds and ends, but those are ones that I personally remember as “yay” moments in an otherwise grim and stupid presidency.
He’s also an okay painter. Not exceptional, but okay. I actually own a print of one that I bought for a laugh.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
In more “When someone tells you who they are, believe them” news, every rally Trump has done for the last month has him doubling down on the “Dictator for a day” remark. So that’s basically his presidential platform now.
Besides the other things wrong with that statement, we already saw in his last term how he feels about giving up power.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide