Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I hear that Trump won’t be charged for anything cuz that mean every previous president that’s living would be charged for their crimes as well.
I’m not seeing the downside.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP PROJECT 2025!
@Ciaran
Nothing I’m well versed in.
One of the sources of this slowly spreading and dumb idea comes from this freaking random:
This among other general “Lol Trump won’t get charged cuz then every other dude in office will be in trouble” type comments.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Carter secretly supported the genocidal Pol Pot government ousted by Vietnam in 1979. This secret support was essential to further punishment of Vietnam for having successfully defended her own population against the American invaders. US Indochina strategy also intended to outflank the Vietnamese, who were aligned with the Soviet Union, and to back the Pol Pot forces, aligned with China.
Carter declared his support for the Shah of Iran-despite the rampant torture practiced by the Shah’s secret police in close collaboration with the C.I.A.-more emphatically than Richard Nixon had: “There is no leader with whom I have a deeper sense of personal friendship and gratitude.
Following the Indonesians’ 1975 invasion of East Timor, Carter continued to arm Indonesia’s army dictatorship as well as give diplomatic support (vetoing U.N. resolutions to end the atrocities in the former Portuguese colony). This war has killed more than 200,000 East Timorese, making it the worst genocide relative to population since World War II. Carter did nothing to pressure General Suharto (Indonesia’s chief of state) to end the war. He was an ally and major supporter of the Indonesian military’s repression of its own population, as well as the slaughter of the East Timorese people. The army’s murderous stranglehold on East Timor will continue as long as the ruling military clique of Indonesia lets transnational oil companies have a good share of East Timorese oil profits.
During his watch, Carter aided and supported Nicaragua’s then-dictator Anastasio Somoza, who murdered and repressed tens of thousands of his own people. When Somoza’s forces were about to lose control of the main cities, Carter attempted to launch an invasion under the fig leaf of an intervention by the Organization of American States (OAS). The OAS refused and Carter then planned to send the US military to salvage Somoza’s army, which was established by and beholden to the US government-but it was too late. Carter made sure that Somoza was ferried out of the country on a Red Cross-painted US aircraft. The C.I.A. under Carter helped to re-establish Somoza’s army as a terrorist force against the people of Nicaragua. These “contras” assassinated social workers, doctors and civilians, burned crops, and tried to exterminate any possibility of social reform that the Sandinistas created.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Moonflower of Peace
@The Smiling Pony
Was Fox News ever even good?
I mean, we all know how abhorrent they are now (and I’ll take any chance I can get to s##t on those jackasses), but was there ever a point where they were actually decent? Or did they always f###ing suck?
The Smiling Pony
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Penguin Dragneel
Before Obama, they were “OK”. Biased, but not insane.
When Obama got elected, the country broke. Bush Jr. and his antics were divisive before, but once Obama landed things got wild and FOX NEWS went full “Democrats want to kill your children while you sleep! And the economy sucks solely because of them!”
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Fox News was the brain child of a bunch of nutjobs in the Nixon administration who wanted a propaganda outlet. Roger Ailes then created it as a response to Nixon’s resignation in the face of upcoming impeachment.
The network’s entire raison d’etre was to shield Republican presidents from the consequences of their own actions.
30 years after their founding they finally fulfilled their mission statement by being the main reason why Trump wasn’t booted out of office for conspiracy to undermine our democracy. Then did it again less than a year later by being the main reason why Trump wasn’t hanged for treason to overthrow our democracy.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
Lauren Boebert is trending on twitter and it’s because she’s dumb. And doesn’t understand the seperation of Church and State.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@igotnopicks
I take it she doesn’t realize that a goverment tied to a belief will kill freedom of religion? Or is it the “We are the true path, the rest were just phonies” mentality?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Boebert, who should be noted took 4 tries to get her GED…16 years after dropping out of high school and like a month before she won her primary, was on her latest ree-fest over the Separation of Church and State. After firing her brain on all cylinders her biggest galaxy brain rebuttal was to Whatabout Ilhan Omar wearing a hijab.
IIRC, she was then explained slowly for her convenience that there was a difference between wearing apparel to represent your faith and using your power as a lawmaker to craft legislation in the name of your faith. She still didn’t understand.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
君場森生きる
@Violet Rose in The Rain
So … wait. Are you saying Trump should not be charged with any of his apparently numerous financial crimes or for profiting from the presidency or for trying to overturn the election or any of the stuff associated with January 6 because then Carter would be personally liable for things the CIA and US military did while he was president?
Is that your point?
Or are you trying to make some other point?
Either way, the president is not above the law. If you think that Carter did illegal things while president, if you’ve got proof, then you’ve got a moral obligation to follow through.
And if other presidents subverted the constitution and tried to prevent the orderly exchange of power following an election, or illegally profited from their position, they should be tried as well.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Texas is now suing the Biden administration for the abortion legislation they passed this week. The bare bones one, the one that only allows abortion if the doctor thinks the mother will die if she doesn’t get one.
Texas is literally fighting to prevent mothers from not dying.
Donald Trump is now fundraising off the death of his first wife. Who he cheated on. Who he raped.
This is MAGA’s god-king.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide