Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Something we don’t talk about enough with regards to climate change is that it will eventually get so hot that the goth lifestyle will become unsustainable, which means humanity’s most precious resource- hot goth chicks- will be extinct by 2040.
At some point, we as a species decided that oil profits were more important than corsetted big titty ladies with Cleopatra eye makeup. This hell world is what we deserve.
The Amazon and Bauhaus concerts- two life-enriching, endangered ecosystems that capitalism run amuck will wipe from the face of the earth.
Nations will become destabilized as goth refugees flee to cooler climates to hold goth dance nights in the few cities left on earth able to safely accommodate PVC fetish gear.
You don’t have to monitor the melting of the polar ice caps to understand the severity of our present situation- simply find someone in a Siouxsie and The Banshees shirt and see how quickly their mascara runs when they step outside.
If aliens came to our planet and asked us to show them the pinnacle of human achievement, it is clearly The Goth Babe that is the culmination of our genius. Imagine a world with no goths: we’d have to show them nerd shit like Vivaldi or the Fibonacci sequence instead. Embarrassing.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
That’s not what I see whenever I go there, nor is it what /leftypol/ comrades see when they go there either. I don’t know, I guess being in the NZST timezone means that I only go there when all the groypers are on Gab praising “Zyclon Ben Garrison,” jerking it to their anime waifus, and hating white women because they won’t have sex with disgusting fat losers like themselves; or whatever it is that racists do when not shitposting on the 4chans.
In-and-of-itself? Yes, insofar as it exists to justify and protect the interests of capitalists. It doesn’t have a materialist outlook though.
If the Pewdiepipeline is real, how come I’m seemingly completely immune to it? I can read Brenton Tarrant’s manifesto, everything our mate Whatevs used to post on Twitter about race-science and related horseshit, and libertarian crypto-fascists promoting basically the same thing, yet it didn’t change my views on race or gender. In case you aren’t aware, I’m a two-time college dropout who grew up poor on a farm in New Zealand during really tough economic times, so by all accounts the alt-right should appeal to me, yet it doesn’t, and never has. Why?
I’m not the only one either. A lot of people can entertain alt-right praxis and still disavow of it, yet too many liberals assume that even allowing alt-right thought to exist anywhere will lead to the masses being entranced and suddenly becoming racists; similarly to how the Pod Save America dipshits think that (besides blaming the Russians) Trump was just such a good lier that he warped every republican’s minds into building a cult of personality around him.
For sure, on both points. Regarding the last point, while I agree that material conditions don’t explain all instances of racism and sexism, I do strongly feel that we should be focusing on resolving the material concerns of people moreso than some PMC culture war horseshit. It’s hard to care about gender pronouns, bathroom access, microagressions, “alt-right dogwhistles,” and alleged systemic internalised white supremacy, when material conditions are at the point where fucking cheese has security tags on it due to shoplifting concerns
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It means you fell on the safe side of the bell curve.
But for every one case like yours who can look at a meme and laugh it off as the irrelevance it should be there are hundreds if not thousands others suffering from a terminal case of “online” where that meme and others become their ideology. And, as we’ve seen in the Trump era, their literal identity.
The Alt Right Playbook series does a far better job explaining it than I can, particularly the Mainstreaming, Death of a Euphemism and Radicalize a Normie episodes.
Background Pony #33F4
@Ebalosus
A) Oh. So Whatevs was a alt righter. Suspected as much.
B) “It never happened to me” is a classically bad refutation of…anything. Guy straight up said he went down it.
It ain’t on him to prove the phenomenon of algorithms and rabbit holes radicalizing people, the Pewdiepipeline being one of many names it has, is real. There’s multiple articles talking about it, and not from crank places. That’s on you to prove it isn’t, bro.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
It’s depressing people can’t keep their hands off things that don’t belong to them.
There is not much reason to steal, not even to eat these days, because there is so many food banks and churches that give out free food, if you look on the internet and wake up early.
It pisses me off the most when people steal stupid crap they don’t need, like high value liquor.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@Beth
Yes, petty shoplifting is just as nonsensical as the cities who have banned panhandling. Yes, you read it right, begging for money is a crime in some areas.
I mean, you’re begging for money to avoid having to steal because you can’t find a job and can’t get on welfare. Why should that be vilified, by someone other than fucking NIMBYs?
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

In digital purgatory
@Goku Black
That sucks. Panhandling is like a last resort next to the labor pool. Better than grifting or stealing.
Yet on the internet I could beg for money all day. Not today though, I already got some money for a drink.
I’m disabled and get no government assistance, and have little legitimate work history. I can’t just get a job, there is too many people with actual references on their resume. One of these days I’m going to be on the road with a sign, before trying to get into a halfway house.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
>the bell curve
So your answer to why I’m seemingly immune to to rightoid praxis is race-science? I would’ve thought a solid diet of John Pilger, Robert Fisk, both being poor and sympathising with other poor people regardless of race or gender when growing up would be a more accurate answer, but ok.
First: the burden of proof lies with the person making the claim, not the person challenging it.
Second, you yourself said that they “fell down the rabbit-hole,” so what? Personal anecdotes supporting their argument are ok, but personal anecdotes supporting mine aren’t? You can’t have it both ways, bro.
Also, I want to hear in their own words why they think the Pewdiepipeline exists, not the words of some dipshit liberal breadtuber that both Kiwifarms and StupIdpol think is full of shit and doesn’t have any actual praxis. I mean, I can parse why I think material conditions drive things like the alt-right in my own words, but that would require an immense effortpost, and the last time I did that (and in response to Dustcan no less), it was completely ignored.
Beth

In digital purgatory
If the labor shortage is so bad I should be able to apply for 5 entry level jobs and get at least two.
This isn’t the case. Companies are like “we need more staff” but when I show up they’re like “not you, sociopath”
Transportation is an issue. I’m epileptic, I can’t drive. Resume is an issue, I had a couple dishwashing jobs I don’t remember the timeframe for because I was hit by a truck and hit my head.
I just want to live in some subsidized housing and bike to work, and pray a crackhead doesn’t steal my computer.
The work force will never be that desperate. Employers are like e-girls, the supply of simps is endless.
Beth

In digital purgatory
Oh last dish washing job I had was 9$ an hour, for 15 hours a week, on random notice, so I didn’t have time to look for more work.
That’s horseshit.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
Have you considered working wage work for the government?
Dietary workers at any given VA make around 16.15 an hour to push trucks of food around and wash dishes.
Violet Rose in The Rain

I love Shapiro’s bad take of Musk having Twitter “over a barrel.” How? There’s already a purchase agreement. It’s not like they have to accept any haggling. They can go to court to force him to honor the existing agreement Musk himself put forth.
Since the cultural war is totally arbitrary, they just declare victory no matter what, whenever they want. Pigeons on a chessboard.
Background Pony #462B
Trump is objectively a worse president than Bush Jr.
Only president to be impeached TWICE
First President in DECADES to leave office with fewer jobs than when they entered office.
Was a Russian puppet
Tried to stage a coup
Background Pony #81EB
@Ebalosus
>Always the same 4chan apologist
Around those who browse 4chan,never relax
Rich channer Internet meme “culture” and heritage
But please,post le funny pic of le dog who goes le lap lap. In regards on anything that happen since 2015.You’ll just push your fingers in your ears like a child and deny that any of this is not a clear pattern of textbook nazism or write it off as childish trolling.I’m done listening to people like you anyway,people like you are the enemies of democracy and society and i’m tired of pretending the contrary or humor you channers as in good faith anymore. Libertarians hedonist nutcases, selfish spoiled manchildrens that think everyone can do whatever they want forever. 4chan “culture has always been dangerous since the days they started to stalk randos nobody cares about on Encyclopedia Dramatica but the problem is that it was like a grotesque parody of “First they came”. First they came for the furries and you laughed along because they kinda cringe and you are not a furry anyway, and then they came for the Christchurch attendees and you posted the quirky 4chan humor post to clean 4chan hands clean because you werent muslims. They’ll come for you.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Violet Rose in The Rain
I would argue that the Twitter board has outmaneuvered ol’ Muskrat Love at every turn.
  • “hay guize i bought 9% of twitter lol FREEZE PEACH!”
  • Good for you, Mr. Musk. How’d you like a seat on the board?
  • “omg yes freeze peach lol”
  • But you have to agree to cap your ownership stake at 14.9%.
  • “no way lol imma buy you out at 54.20 lol weed lol blaze it”
  • Well, you say that, but we’ve got this here shareholder rights plan…
  • “omg poizn pill?! u guize suk lol what about ur fi-douche-iary doody”
  • If you’re serious about your offer, we’d be happy to negotiate a deal directly.
  • “ok ok jeez ware i sine?”
  • Right here, where it says no takebacks, under penalty of torture.
  • “ok ok i sine lol FREEZE PEACH UNBAN TURMP”
  • “OMG MUH STONKS”
  • Not really our problem. Now about that money…
  • “i bet u guize r full of bots”
  • Not part of the contract. But we can show you our full public data stream to assuage your concerns.
  • “lol wtf is dis i wnat ur trade sekrits”
  • Um, no? We’re not obligated to give you any information that could hurt us if the deal doesn’t go through.
  • “omg new it u guize r lyin 2 sec”
  • It’s not that. We’re just trying to stick to the terms of the contract that you signed.
  • “lol u suk i quit TIWTER IZ FULL OF BOTS!”
  • We’ll see you in court, Mr. Musk.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Human
Should be noted (again) that Musk stated one of the reasons for him wanting to buy Twitter was to “fix the bot problem”, yet now he’s using that same problem as the reason to not want to buy it.
Dude want to wave some wads of cash around and watch the plebes scutter around, and now he’s panicking like a bitch.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide