Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Dwayne Johnson has rescinded his support for Joe Rogan after the latter was found to really, really love the N Word.
For anyone with negative pressure inside their skull about to go “muh freeze speach!”, have these fun clips from the show that no “context” can save him from
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #D934
Those aren’t things said in the context of a comedy routine or as a comedian. As for “save him from what”, conservative media are turning him into a heroic defender of free speech and martyr for being called out over giving air to kooks and quacks.
Background Pony #D934
@The Smiling Pony
Who cares what conservative media says, your opinion on things shouldn’t be swayed on what they say. As for him being a comedian, comedians are always being comedians. I’ve seen plenty of examples of him using the n word and they tend to either be used in a way to make a joke or just quoting something. The man’s not perfect yeah, so what?
He doesn’t need saving from anything. He has one of the largest audiences anywhere and the people freaking out over this are either people who didn’t like him already, or wackos who should be ignored.
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #D934
I said nothing about “the n word”; the clips aren’t out of context snippets, and the idea that comedians get a “free pass” on everything so long as they’re alive because “they’re always being comedians” is absurd.
Background Pony #D934
@NitroFury
I didn’t say that, but Joe Rogan did apologize for it. Seeing as how the manner he has used looks to be out of ignorance, and not hate, I don’t see it as a huge issue.
@The Smiling Pony
They are out of context, the context just doesn’t completely absolve the man of everything. As far as comedians getting a pass? Getting a pass from what? What in your opinion should be done? Should his show be dropped? Should he be ostracized?
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #D934
Have you actually seen the clips I posted?
As for what should be done, that isn’t up to me, but what shouldn’t be done is simply claim “he’s a comedian, it’s out of context, he did no wrong”. People can say and do fucked up things and sometimes a “mea culpa” is a lot better than a “you see, this isn’t what it seems, and anyway I had my reasons”.
Background Pony #DB3D
@The Smiling Pony
I did, but I made clear my position wasn’t “he’s a comedian, it’s out of context, he did no wrong”. You’re the one blowing it out of proportion in order to trivialize free speech.
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #DB3D
The only people trivializing free speech are the ones equating criticism of things spoken to actual censorship. It’s odd that more people get up in arms over an MMA commentator being called out by private individuals for saying contentious things on a private platform, than when a public institution uses their governmental powers to ban books or entire concepts.
Background Pony #DB3D
@The Smiling Pony
Criticizing and demanding people get deplatformed is still an issue of free speech. Free speech as a concept is not limited to government power or blatant censorship. A conversation can still be had when it is private individuals. This also doesn’t mean we can’t have a conversation of government ALSO infringing on free speech.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
It ain’t hurting Free Speech unless the government steps in. People calling out others isn’t against free speech, people getting consequences for what they say in public forums isn’t against free speech, and companies retaliating against someone for what they say isn’t against free speech. Heck most companies won’t even retaliate unless they think it’ll hurt their bottom line if they don’t do anything about it
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The “Freedom Convoy” in Ottawa Canada continues to grow worse. After about a week it’s now grown so large that law enforcement is saying it’s more of an occupational force than a demonstration; it’s clogging up streets causing widespread traffic jams, vehicles are parked illegally everywhere but the police are too scared to ticket them because of the risk they’ll turn “violent”, it’s costing the city upwards of 800,000 a day in lost revenue, etc.
About what you could expect from a gathering openly waving Nazi and Confederate flags really. All it’s meant for is ruining people’s days.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@Dustcan
How many of them have actually been seen with those flags so far? And GoFundMe took their money away about the time the government said they would be suing the group so it’s not looking good for them.
A realty companyis getting cancelled because the husband of someone who works for them was caught driving one of their vans in the parade. And from how it sounds in the comments, the company firing the person won’t be enough to appease them.
Background Pony #DB3D
@Kiryu-Chan
Free speech isn’t simply a discussion around what the government does. That’s a discussion around the 1st Amendment specifically. The 1st Amendment WAS implemented as a protection around the concept of free speech so that the government, who in our society wields the most power, can’t use abuse that power.
So free speech as a concept is not limited by that. Anybody can call anybody out if you don’t like what they say. The discussion as far as free speech goes is how we as citizens decide to act, we have a responsibility of our own. The conversation around where do we go when it comes to “Calling out others”, what does this mean? Do we simply point out that something someone is saying is wrong, or do we demand they be de-platformed? If you’re in college and some student group wants to invite a speaker they want to hear from, but you don’t like, do you go to the dean to pressure them to disinvite them? Do you protest? How do you protest? Their is no set point in the sand you can draw and just say “This is acceptable, this isn’t”. One one extreme you don’t want institutions to be forced to give a platform to EVERYONE no matter what they say, it would be wrong to force Twitter to allow anyone on the platform and to hell with the TOS, but on the other extreme you don’t want people forming little bubbles where wrong think results in alienation. So the free speech conversation is about where do we draw the line, and how do we treat each other.
Latecomer

@Background Human
Or perhaps he has friends who don’t mind - or use it casually themselves?
@silbasa
Are the characteristics you associate with “IRL women”* not available via that modelling system?
*Although you’re most likely just thinking of a subset of them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide