The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Mikey  
Yes. Lucas thought she was a great choice but she is woke as f*** and now it’s killing Star Wars for good, just like wokeness killed Star Trek. Incredible that this is allowed to happen.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I was in a forum back in the day when people were concerned that Star Wars would be turned into a musical after Disney bought it.

At this point, I’d take that over what they’ve been doing to it.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Mikey  
Yes. I do hold a grudge towards him though for just sitting there for all those years doing nothing while the original crew became ancients. So many opportunities he had to make something good…
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

Since we’re all talking about the latest reason to never have anything to do with Star Wars, I want to bring up an anecdote of my experience:

Even back during the prequels, when everyone said how much they suck, there was EXCITMENT everywhere when they came out. Ep.1 hype. Ep.2 hype. Ep.3 Still hype. I remember in high school as Revenge of the Sith came out so many where jazzed the entire week! People where coming in dressed as Star Wars characters, Qui Gon-jinns, Lukes, Padmays, Leias! One guy Who I knew even when as Darth Vader when at the time was a no-no given security reason and was dress full and everyone cheered. He got in trouble, but didn’t care. There was so much life in a franchise that started before everyone in school was born!

Now. . . Nothing. There’s no excitement, no fun, no life. The sequel Trilogy bombed, the “heroes” a hollow, no one wants to dress as them willingly. The Nu republic is a disaster, headed by people who hate Star wars and it’s fans. The last bit of good will with a popular character fired and blacklisted for saying something said when they’ve defended people who said worse and while they cheer and dance- they proved her right in the end. I believe this was Emperor Kathleen’s decision and just used the mob to her advantage, she loathes the Mandalorian’s success and Cara Dune is more popular then her OC. This was an action of petty revenge and in the end.

Kathleen and Bob Igor gave their word they’d use George’s script for EP.7. They lied then, and they’ll lie more.

Star Wars is dead.

I fear this’ll happen with other beloved properties, Marvel especially. They loath the very people that. I won’t buy anything from a company that spits in my face. It’s sad they won’t learn or just refuse to learn. If Lucasfilm and Marvel shut down tomorrow, a lot of people wouldn’t probably feel nothing at this point since what are they missing? Terrible stories by terrible people who believe themselves morally superior to them?

Look at Mark Waid’s “IGNITED” Who are the heroes in that? The entire comics industry festers with like-minded and their gate-keeping Kickstarter has made the IndieGoGo Indie Crowd flurish. Kickstarter is just an arm of the comic industry, you’ll see comics from the elites and approved. Another reason why Japan in this case; Manga, is kicking western media’s ass.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Cyborg_pony  
Also, Lucas knew how to make great locations and story, expanding the universe, the writing was just poorly done. The passion was there though.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Cyborg_pony  
I remember when The Last Jedi came out. I was pretty excited to see it. I had naturally been building up to being a Star Wars fan for years, so I was really looking forward to seeing it.

About halfway through, I walked out. It was the first time I ever walked out partway through a movie. I just couldn’t take it.

Seeing Luke act like a green milk b###h, seeing Finn (who had potential) get sidelined by a boring character that no one likes, and just seeing what they were doing to the franchise. I hated it, and I wanted nothing to do with it.

The franchise is dead at this point, and I fear what might happen to Pixar or Marvel Studios as a result.
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Penguin Dragneel  
I remember that’s when people realized Matt was two-faced when he first said the movie was garbage, then out of nowhere began shilling for it and then praised the last Palpatine because he wanted to be hollywood.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
I’ll always love the original trilogy even if some of the stuff added in the special editions makes me cringe. I love those movies and can always go back to them.

The prequels were fun movies with some dumb moments. I love how they expanded the universe and added so much cool stuff.

All 6 Luca era movies tell a complete story. Not a perfect one but a good one.

But Star wars is played out now. We need some new blood in our entertainment. Let’s stop desecrating the legacy of decades old franchises and create something new goddamn it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide