The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Dr. Eggman

aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik
@Deserter

I’m not sure what any of those things have to do with diversity though.

Sheesh, some people have such a kneejerk reaction to people of other races being in things.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Dr. Eggman  
That’s not the problem.  
Skyrim had multitudes of races. So did Star Wars, Dragon Age and many more RPG-esque games. They were even important parts of the lore, history and gameplay.

To fuck that up takes a lot of effort. Something ME:A somehow managed to do.
ArmadilloEater

French Taunter
@Dr. Eggman  
Nowadays any diverse casting or inclusive addition will get slapped with a “pandering” or “SJW agenda” badge, by people who shoot way too wide: there ARE issues of agenda pushing and “forced diversity”, but goddamn, those genuine examples get lost in all the screeching.
Background Pony #EBB2
@ArmadilloEater  
Sadly seems that anything nowadays that features a minority in a big role will be met with cried of it being SJW pandering or some bullcrap :I
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Background Pony #4EA6  
The bigotry of SJWs and their poor execution and disregards for the lore, stories, and gameplay etc in media has soured the audiences taste for “diversity” in said medias.  
“Positive discrimination”, aka affirmative action. The practice of hiring people based on their gender, race, religion etc is still discrimination.  
People should be hired based on their merits as priority.

Google is currently facing tsunamis of lawsuits relating to discrimination of particularly white men, conservatives etc.
Scrabbleman
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Dr. Eggman  
The majority of its badness isn’t from diversity. How diversity fucked up the game is mostly due to luck (or incompetent creators).

Diversity isn’t as big of an issue as most people describe in the game. But much like how Sword Art Online became famous because of how lucky it was to be released at that time (any other time and it’d be ignored), Mass Effect Andromeda became infamous due to the same reason. If it was released during the time where racial tensions weren’t at a 21-century record high, the issue would be almost nonexistent. That is the fault of circumstances.

Though, to be honest, I don’t hear much criticism regarding race in ME:A. Most of said are animation problems, weird-ass models, dumb story and shitty characters. The combat gameplay is extremely praised with the complaints I’ve heard is that there isn’t enough of it. Then there’s the barren open-world scenario which is the biggest hurdle in any open-world game. Skyrim avoids this by filling up literally every corner with something, while ME:A is empty as hell and driving is a nightmare.

I don’t think race in video games is an issue. But ME:A managed to make it one due to either bad circumstance or thoughtless game designers. Hell, it could even be both.
Dr. Eggman

aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik
@HJSDGCE

…But I still don’t see how race had anything to do with it.

Game was bad, as you said, for reasons that had nothing at all to do with race.

People blame race anyway. What?
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Commune  
Majority, minority.  
Discrimination is still discrimination. The left needs to shake off ID politics.  
This needless pitting of one group against another by identity politics is what creates dysfunction.  
Those who support ID politics intend to divide people and profit from the division, period. No other justification for it.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@Dr. Eggman  
Then you don’t understand how humans work. In our natural and instinctual states, we don’t act logically. Some of us, me included, often do things simply because it amuses or angers us. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re horrible people. It’s part of human nature. We do shitty things for no reason.

It’s fine that you don’t understand. I sometimes get confused too. Like for a long time, I still get confused on why people would sue others over the littlest things. I mean, I know the reason (to gain some money) but I still think it’s shit and don’t understand how people can live by doing this.

In the most simplest way I can explain, I will try.

People blame race because that’s what the current topic is. Race new, race talks, race politics, it’s everywhere nowadays. Imagine making a game where you play as a German and released it during WW2. People would hate it because Germans are heavily involved in WW2, the war the critics involved in.

Do you understand yet? Understand as in, “I now know why they do it.” and not “I know why they do it, but I still don’t understand!”
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Drinky_Butt

VIVA LA NOCTE
@SeraphimDawn pssssh, that was known ages ago they themselves stated it!  
Well, alright, it’s not directly stated, but where else would a project like that go?

@Dr. Eggman If that’s what you’re taking from it, then yes. They elected Bush after all, it’s only fair they get bombed too. There’s only one group out there killing people darker than sheet paper and they don’t wear bedsheets! It’s not just me, Israel’s noticed it too. Their time IS DONE!! But, not without first trying to brew up one last fake war to go out on.

@HJSDGCE You mean “hiring processes” not luck. You know, going back to my previous post, throw the lot of Human Resource people into Guantanamo too before you tell Li’l Kim it’s Guam. HR is probably the worst creation of big business since the Banana Republic.  
Also it’s really funny to me that the only game I hear of lately getting slapped about for divershitty is CoD.  
You’d think people would have welcomed the idea of garnering a ‘black female nazi’ fetish! It crosses all aisles!  
I’m honestly kind of disturbed at how nobody ran away with this license for triggering 34able material.  
It seems like the internet’s old laws are losing their mojo. REAL LIFE is beating the internet! What a timeline~!
Dr. Eggman

aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik
@Niggoslav_Krawczyk

Look, I’ll just ask you straight-up.

Are you a racial supremacist of any kind? Do you believe that certain races are inferior or superior to others? Because you’re condemning people who don’t believe that.

Don’t beat around the bush and say what you actually think.
Exhumed Legume
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Weirdo
A bit of a problem with that article.  
While his Facebook profile corroborates the existence of this Putulukeso guy and his residence in Vaasa (which is on the west coast, not an eastern city as claimed in the article, by the way, but that’s neither here nor there), he did not, in fact, run for the Finns party in this year’s municipal election, or anyone else for that matter.

full
Dr. Eggman

aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik
@HJSDGCE

But that’s fine. Germans weren’t the bad guys, Nazis were. And not every German during the war was a Nazi. Look at Albert Einstein for example, who defected from Nazi Germany and was celebrated in the U.S. despite his ancestry.

Either way, it’s not like there’s some “war” between white people and minorities. Most of us are quite capable of getting along with each other regardless of race, so I don’t see why people have a problem with other races in media.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@Dr. Eggman  
that’s a bad example because the Nazis (ie the radicals) drove the agenda and society generally went along with it

So what political actors do matters more than the majority
Dr. Eggman

aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik
@Whatevs

Sure, but my point is that not all Germans were Nazis, and that’s absolutely true.

Even if most of society was caught up in Naziism, it would still be inaccurate to suggest that the entire country of Germany was complicit in Naziism. German Jews certainly weren’t, and many non-Jewish Germans weren’t either.

So my point of it being wrong to assume every German from that era was a supporter of Nazi ideology still stands.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

This is not the place. Take it to PMs or political thread to talk about Germany during the time period.

One more post and I will start reporting.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@Dr. Eggman  
>not all

See, that’s where the problem lies. You are under the assumption that people don’t generalize things. This is highly false because we actually generalize everything.

The term “not all” doesn’t work for the majority or at the very least, the vocal group of society. It’s easier to generalize than it is to nitpick each individual. All of us do it. Me, you, everybody here. Sure, sometimes we are careful and look to individuals but it’s more common for us to do otherwise.

You say that just because not all Germans were Nazi supporters, that means that people shouldn’t blame Germany in WW2. Here’s a similar example. Japan was at war with the US during the same period. And you know what the US did to Japanese students?

The US sent them to camps and ostracized them from society. They didn’t kill them like the Nazis did, but they used similar tactics. Try using “not all” in this argument.
Dr. Eggman

aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik
@HJSDGCE

The specific US government officials who did that were wrong.

Certainly some Americans opposed Japanese internment as well. But Franklin Roosevelt - who initiated the order - as well as those who supported and enacted it, were wrong. Doesn’t mean Americans as a whole were complicit in internment though.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@Dr. Eggman  
You’re right. They were wrong. And what does that change?

Now what does that tell us about the human race itself? Or in the original topic, ME:A critics?

If you still believe that people aren’t going to generalize or critic over dumb things, I have no idea how to continue this. The “not all” argument is good, but expecting people to use it in real life is naïve.
Dr. Eggman

aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik
@HJSDGCE

But… the war analogy doesn’t even work today. We aren’t at war with other races. Their existence shouldn’t trigger a vitriolic response like that, especially today.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide