Computers general(help, advice, talk)

Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Hoof Boi
@QuasarNova  
@wenni

Ok, I looked around made sure everything was plugged in right. I even took everything out and put it back in. Still the same thing. My family and friends are going to take a look at it and see if they can do anything with it…
wenni
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art and really hates Applejack
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Pit Lord
@Latios381  
Does your PSU meet the power requirements for your other components? I recall the same thing happening when I tried using an OEM 270W PSU with a GTX 970 graphics card.
Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Hoof Boi
Ok so I tried testing it without graphics card, using only one stick of memory (tried each stick separately), and even without the hard drive and optic drive. Still the same result everytime. A single very short beep.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Latios381

So only a single short beep when you press the power button? IIRC, that means either your memory is fucked (I know the feel, the first computer I built had that problem), or the computer failed the POST(Power On Self-Test). Does anything come up on the screen? Do the fans start?
Soul Dew
Artist -

Hoof Boi
@Ebalosus  
No power goes to the computer at all. No LED lights, no fan spinning, nothing. Just the single short beep.

My sister said it might be either a faulty power supply. She said some of her friends could find out what’s wrong with it.

Hopefully I can get this problem solved before Monday, which is when I plan to get the last parts I need.
wenni
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art and really hates Applejack

Pit Lord
@someguy111  
Of course. I’ve used a 970 with a 1280x1024 monitor. You might have a slight issue with DV-I with some “frequency out of range” nonsense, but I’m 90% certain it will work.
someguy111
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@wenni  
I have 1TB drive that I have had for 3 days and already have over 300 gigs on it.

Still a super fast drive would be great even if it’s very small. Come on MRAM, hurry up!
wenni

Pit Lord
@someguy111  
Yeah, I also have a 1tb HDD. I’m just referring to the people who never download/install anything and complain about the time it takes to launch apps and the like.  
“Oh! This computer has more memory(sic)! So it must be better!”  
Idk maybe that’s just where I live.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

OK so here are the weird issues, my left click is hyper wonky, it doesn’t want to work at all on my desk top unless i’m using mouse Keys, and even then if i open a tab in chrome i cant witch back to an older tab, without closing the new one,
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@wenni  
Restarting didn’t help, and the issues seem to affect mouse keys as well as the controller i was using with Xinmapper even if that program is shut off,

EDIT: OK it’s something with xinmapper since if i restart and don’t activate it at all everything seems normal, gonna try deleting it and redownloading it,

Didn’t work it still breaks everything which means i’m stuck using the mouse keys again, fuck,
someguy111

I have a couple hard drives that used to be the one and only drives of my past two PC’s that I need to pull files off of and put on this one. One drive will not let me access my documents because of security because it’s under ownership of a different username, even though the drive and everything on it is mine. I tried to use the security link Windows 7 gave me after getting the access denied window but it says it does not exist. Now when I put the drive in nothing happens. It says I need to format the drive to use it which worries me? Has the drive erased/corrupted itself? The other drive won’t even turn on even though it worked fine in my last PC.
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
@someguy111  
You can pull the files off it, but there’s no guarantee it will work. I’ll have to remember what the program is, but basically it pulls off EVERYTHING From the drive.

Here’s a tutorial

You don’t have to install linux; you just have to install it on a thumbdrive or such and then pull the files.

There is no way to tell what it will recover or if it will be in a recoverable manner, but if you want to go ahead with it then go ahead BUT make sure you have a separate drive that is equal to in size of the drive you are recovering from that way you get everything. Keep in mind this will recover EVERYTHING that it can possibly recover.
someguy111

@uc9  
Oh so it’s basically a cloner then? Never thought of using that. Still if it’s making an exact copy of the drive it won’t work since it will still have the document folder under a different admin name.

Edit: Ok maybe it’s not so much a cloner as it is a recovery type software. I don’t know how well it would work with Windows 7 but i guess i could give it a try. I don’t have a spare disk to put it on though.
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
@someguy111  
It doesn’t make a exact copy of the drive; it pulls every file and sticks it into a folder.

Also it wouldn’t work with a disc. The medium you copy the files to HAS to be equal to the size of the drive or it possibly won’t work. If you have a 40gb hard drive then what you copy the files to has to be 40gb.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide