Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Vent thread

Background Pony #3A9E
@Mr.Myoozik
I’ll make this as a mental note when the time comes for me to face him at my HS reunion, if he even attends it.
Posted Report
JP
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

I miss the show so much
IT IS TOO GORRAM HOT HERE.
I CRAVE COLD. AUTUMN. WINTER. SNOW. BELOW ZERO TEMPERATURES.
I’M GOING INSANE.
Posted Report
Background Pony #8038
just saw an ad for “Trumpy the Teddy Bear”.
yeah its a teddy with trump hair and eyes- and US flag cape.
Posted Report
silverfishv9
Artist -

I’m aware my art isn’t exceptionally “good” in quality but it’s really disheartening to continuously get things instantly downvoted with the reasons provided being… well nonexistent. If people feel consistently strong enough to do so, I really wish they would at least leave a comment about why. Can’t exactly improve in the future if you don’t know what you’re doing wrong right?
Posted Report
silverfishv9
Artist -

Thank you all, it is helpful to vent sometimes. And I definitely did notice the trend of which variants did worse overall. Just wish people used filters for tags they just don’t like.
Posted Report
Lil_VampireCJ
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Lil_VampireCJ
I’m honestly getting so tired of constantly ending up just talking to a fucking brick wall most of the fricking time, even over serious shit to keep people safe & in the right.
Whenever I’ve tried to communicate with people OR even warn people of things; they never fucking listen to me, take me seriously or just say I’m either lying or a “bad person” all, for what? Trying to say something or warn them of something serious to keep them safe & prevent something bad from happening even with evidence, not just my own experience. I’m so fucking tired of it; like why tf be around me or be a friend to me if you won’t even trust me or listen to me for?
It always ends up the fucking same (no surprise) that I turnout right about it because why tf else would I need to even “make lies up” or “cause problems” to begin with? I’d get absolutely NOTHING out of it & I have no interest in being a troublemarker especially with me having my own fucking shit to deal with; of course the last thing I want to cause is trouble/lies. Everything I say is always truthful & honest from what I’ve seen or my personal experience; I’d never lie or see any point of doing so about it; plus I’m heavily against it giving my background/culture.
They almost always keep discovering that I was right in the end & always come crawling back at me wishing they fucking listened to me in the first place. I will never understand wtf gives people the proven right to start with for why I’d even lie about something in the first place especially giving my background/culture; that part specifically is aimed towards friends & people WHO KNOW & yet refuse to listen to me or straight up think I’m lying about shit which is just distasteful & honestly just hurts me.
Anyway, rant over.

I’m aware my art isn’t exceptionally “good” in quality but it’s really disheartening to continuously get things instantly downvoted with the reasons provided being… well nonexistent. If people feel consistently strong enough to do so, I really wish they would at least leave a comment about why. Can’t exactly improve in the future if you don’t know what you’re doing wrong right?
As someone whose been on DB for awhile now; downvotes are fairly common especially if its something the downvoter just genuinely doesn’t like subjectively or style-wise, its nothing really to take seriously or worth taking offense to however I do notice a common pattern of good things being mass downvoted on here for not rly any reason especially stuff around LGBT; which they could just hide.
I have in the past received some mass-downvotes; most if it being due to the main viewer not liking the style I was trying out which is fair enough (I do sometimes use on downvote data to help me distinguish what people would prefer for me to do style-wise with what goes & what doesn’t.) OR its a subjective based problem they have; not with the art on its own which is sometimes just a common thing/issue on here which isn’t your fault. I have checked out your work & it is very adorable btw. ^^

@silverfishv9
To add insult to injury, I downvoted your art of your alicorn OC because I like alicorn OCs and I think they’re unoriginal.
Thats completely fair enough to not like Alicorn OCs or find them to be unoriginal; that is your opinion I feel as that is more of a subjective issue rather than a issue with the person’s artwork/artstyle. I’m not massively keen on alicorn OCs either but not to the extent where I will downvote artwork of alicorn OCs especially as I’ve seen some out there that are very pretty in my opinion. You’re probably better off just using your filters; which is a suggest to hide their OC tag, the alicorn oc tag or using the complex filter for:
(alicorn, oc)
(alicorn, oc, solo)
(alicorn, oc only)
(alicorn, oc only, solo)
Hopefully this helps in a way. ♥
Posted Report
silverfishv9
Artist -

@Lil_VampireCJ
Sorry you have to deal with that! I wish I could provide some advice but I can’t so I’ll just acknowledge that I hear your struggles. Some people just unfortunately have a really big Ego that makes it impossible for them to listen to others, no matter how much it would help them to.
Posted Report
Lil_VampireCJ
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Lil_VampireCJ
@Lil_VampireCJ
You can mean well to others but it’s ultimately their choice whether or not they want to listen to your suggestions/warnings/advice. If you usually end up being right like you say then let them find out the hard way that you’re worth listening to.
Yee, I do acknowledge at the end of the day that it is their choice whether or not they choose to listen but it just gets rather tiring & degrading when its happening repeatedly with the same relationships & friends…
I do usually let them find the hard way so that they learn to be more respectable towards me & to take me more seriously; but it always ends up either repeating or they don’t even fess up at all that they should of listened to me & taken me more seriously.

@Lil_VampireCJ
Sorry you have to deal with that! I wish I could provide some advice but I can’t so I’ll just acknowledge that I hear your struggles. Some people just unfortunately have a really big Ego that makes it impossible for them to listen to others, no matter how much it would help them to.
Thank you and its completely find that you don’t have any advice on it; that’s completely okay & thank you for being honest. ^^
Some people out there seriously do have big ego problems these days which does get tiring, mentally. But not as tiring as someone who is a narcissist about it and oh boi they’re not fun to deal with; they’re honestly way more draining to deal with as they are way more stubborn & hurtful.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide