Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Myoozik  
The thing I find interesting is that a good amount of the ‘80s was still angsty and serious, but with happy-sounding music. “Beds Are Burning” by Midnight Oil was about the Australian genocide against Aboriginals, “I Melt with You” by Modern English and “99 Red Balloons” by Nena were about nuclear holocaust, “Primal Scream” by Mötley Crüe was about child abuse, “Kickstart My Heart” and “Mr. Brownstone” were about drug addiction, and do I even need to mention Iron Maiden and Skid Row? So it’s not that serious music didn’t exist, but it was still at least fun to listen to. Nirvana was not fun, just as most grunge bands weren’t fun, and that’s an issue with modern rock that has lingered on since the ‘90s and is, in my opinion, part of what is bringing down the genre.

(I mean, Nevermind is 30 years old. People need to let it go and try new things with music already.)

Also, I never liked metalcore, which may be another part of why I don’t like modern rock.

@Zincy  
LMAO!! Ah, man, I hate that I laughed that that. Foo Fighters are pretty damn great, though. I enjoy them a great deal better than a lot of post-grunge acts.

@Dex Stewart  
Those are both good songs. The other ones of theirs that I’ve heard on mainstream radio are “I Miss the Misery,” “Uncomfortable,” “Love Bites (So Do I),” and “Do Not Disturb.” (It was actually the latter one that encouraged me to check out their entire discography.)
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Dex Stewart  
Huh, you heard them on a classic rock station? That is weird. I mean, they are mainstream rock–or at least as mainstream as rock can be these days–and they have toured with Alice Cooper, but I can see how that would be jarring.
Dex Stewart
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheHappySpaceman  
I recall hearing Linkin Park too,so they weren’t strictly classic rock,I guess. Oh,yeah,and Pumped Up Kicks,that I guess none of my coworkers had heard before,and they all cracked up laughing.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@TheHappySpaceman  
And it was what made those songs work, the dissonance between the serious and depressing lyrics combined with the cheery and upbeat production was what made the songs kick-ass and be effective in their message. Turning it into more downbeat and angsty songs gave them more emotion sure, but it just sucked the fun out of them and made them depressing to listen to. Also, yeah metalcore sucks, music for the emo crowd which I’m not a part of.

You think Nirvana isn’t fun to listen to? Radiohead is worse. At least Nirvana had personality and their own style, Radiohead is just noise and incomprehensible lyrics with whining.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I feel like the writers of modern day TV shows (and particularly reboots or continuations of older shows) are depressed. Maybe even self-loathing. And they take out that self-loathing on their characters and the people who watch their shows by making them overly cynical and removing any sense of fun and joy from them.

bUt ThAt’S jUsT a ThEoRy
Dex Stewart
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheHappySpaceman  
full  
I immediately thought of Tri.  
But at least then came Last Evolution to kinda cheer things up. It wasn’t the best but at least it was happy and not a giant plot hole filled with middle fingers to the fans.  
full  
Were you thinking of the new PPG show?
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Dex Stewart  
New PPG, new Star Trek, honestly most new reboots or continuations.

In general, new media is so much darker and more cynical. Even the media designed to show a utopian vision of the future is dark and cynical now. I hate it.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
Speaking of dark, without dark themes, the show or movie wouldn’t be good and will use the “it’s for kids” excuse to bash it. Look how DC fans bashed the MCU just because it’s not as dark as, say Suicide Squad and Batman v. Superman.

Est. 2012
@Meanlucario  
It’s not just that it’s the fact that DC fans think that the jokes in the MCU are making the films for kids and not for mature audiences.

And people pin the blame on Disney for not making the MCU as dark as Zack Snyder’s DCEU over movies like Avengers, Civil War, Thor Ragnarok, and Guardians of the Galaxy just because it’s not dark and dramatic and has humor in it.

Also look at Teen Titans Go! and Rise of the TMNT and even the Ben 10 reboot. They’re lighthearted and they got shat on just because of not only that but also because people demand serious shows like the original Teen Titans.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
There’s a difference between “dark” and “serious.” It sounds like they are mistaking the latter for the former, since dark things can easily have jokes and what not. Seriously things can also have light-hearted elements like jokes, but can also easily go into “everything is serious, no fun allowed” territory, which is what the DC fans seem to fun.

Est. 2012
I got two.

a) I’m sick of the “fiction affects reality” mentality. It is ruining time skips, fanart and ships just because the characters aren’t 18+ (not to mention they won’t understand the fact that characters like Deku are FICTIONAL).

b) Olivia Rodrigo shouldn’t have started a Civil War in regards to Joshua Bassett and Sabrina Carpenter with a song like Driver’s License. No disrespect to her nor picking a side between Iron Rodrigo and Captain Carpenter.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide