Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Silent_Witness
The only animes i’ve liked were the first few seasons of pokemon and yu-gi-oh (and that was when i was a child, been years since i’ve watched any of the old or newer seasons and idk if they would be as good as i remembered them) and Ghost Stories (and that’s got less to do with the anime itself and more due to the English dub being a giant shitposting gag dub)
I tried watching a few more things but in general apart from a few exceptions I can not get into anime and a lot of anime stuff i see doesn’t interest me.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I like most of the Studio Ghibli films. I don’t like all Studio Ghibli movies. Some of them are timeless classics for me that I enjoy watching over and over again. Especially Porco Rosso, Pom Poko and Kiki’s Delivery Service. And The Wind Rises is my absolute favorite Studio Ghibli film for personal reasons. But there are other anime movies that are much better. ;-)
Galestorm
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@Dex Stewart
Same here, though I’ve only watched a few Ghibli films, they were pretty good. Not sure if I’d watch them (Ghibli) again but they were good to see at least once.
Dex Stewart
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Galestorm
They’re well made fine movies, they’re just not for me. I like weird stuff, like really weird stuff, or most of the time in anime I like cute high school girls sitting around talking about nothing.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
The anime film I recommend everyone to see at least once in their life is In this Corner of the World (Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni). I know Barefoot through Hiroshima and Grave of the Fireflies are better known, but I think In this Corner of the World is one of the best, if not the best, anti-war film I’ve ever seen. And as I just read, the extended version from 2019 is probably the longest anime movie of all time (168 minutes).
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Speaking of animation, I wish I could care that new Pixar movie, Turning Red.
I’m not trying to be a dick, but I don’t know why I don’t have any interest in it. I’m sure it will be good, and I’m happy people seem to be having fun with it.
Maybe I’m just really put off by all the company politics at this time, because I can’t really get into anything from Gisney anymore.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@TheHappySpaceman
You know how one of the more common defenses for cartoons these days is, “it wasn’t made for you”?
Looking at a few clips from it, Turning Red might be the first thing where I think that’s a valid defense.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Lord WyrmSpawN
That’s a good way of putting it. Between the Grubhub-esque art style and the fact that I’ve heard people (positively) describe the movie as “unapologetically horny”… it just doesn’t seem like something I would be into, but I’m sure others will like it.
Background Pony #5D22
@TheHappySpaceman
It also became another battleground for the culture war BS like Ghostbusters and Capt Marvel.
Best to stay away from ‘passionate’ discussions involving it.
Dex Stewart
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I don’t get what’s supposed to look so different about Turning Red. It looks like most cgi kids flicks to me and I find it so weird people have strong feelings about it either way.
Galestorm
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@Dex Stewart
Oh indeed they are, no doubt about it. If an anime no matter the genre (except horror) looks appealing to me & takes my fancy/interest, I’ll give it a watch.
Your last sentence sounded hilariously & accurately wholesome.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Background Pony #B80F
Why would you say something so controversial yet so brave?
@Background Pony #5D22
It does kind of feel like everyone has a political opinion on this right now, just like they did with Raya and the Last Dragon a few months back, and any stance you take on it is a political stance.
My stance is “I don’t have Gisney+ and will not get it because I don’t support them as a corporation.” :)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Well, I don’t have a [name not mentioned here]. And probably never will. I find what I need on somewhere else. But I have Raya and I don’t regret it. But I couldn’t bring myself to buy the heavily discounted Mulan remake, though, for some reason. ;-)
O_o … Okay I will never call it anything else! ;-D
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide