Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Knocking on my front door just to promote their shit is like a physical advertisement to me. Just like these stupid pop-up ads on the Internet.
I want to kill these people. I’ll murder them next time if they want to disturb my morning sleep.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I have no issues with the terms existing, though it is cumbersome to read text that have both gendered terms on every opportunity it gets. In german there is currently also a push for that and i have yet to meet a single person in real life who thought it was a great idea, female or otherwise. Most that gave me a reason said what i said previously in various ways: that it just makes it harder to read and comprehend.
Though for most normal people the word actor includes everyone anyways, has always and will always… i don’t see a future where people would use both terms to be exact in casual conversations online or IRL.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
I linked a video on the sub-genre, but it was 80’s comics that got the ball rolling. Basically claiming that pre-80’s heroes were “optimistic and childish,” because optimism and childish are the same in people’s eyes.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Meanlucario
Oh thought you were talking about television wise. But at least 80’s grim dark comics were still written well like you got the Watchmen, Batman: The Killing Joke, V for Vendetta those are all good comics that do the dark themes well imo. And I agree, things can still be serious without being overtly edgy and depressing, people just need to balance them out.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music Connoisseur
@Myoozik
Helps to listen to it a second time. It’s very layered.
Month later and now I’ve finally seen the movie. Even with the added context, I still didn’t like the song, too much was going on especially at the end. All Of You was a much better crowd song to me.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
Grimdark isn’t limited to just one media. And those are a speck of water in the ocean of grimdark comics during that time. Watch Linkara’s stuff on 80’s comics to see just how bad the vast majority of it was.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Hearing about grimdark reminded me of this, definitely the most grimdark comic I ever read.

It’s abstract, and makes creative use of visuals. It tries a bit too hard to be serious and pushes it’s protagonist too far off the edge, which I feel takes it into grimdark territory further than say, a dark Punisher comic.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I’ve never understood why it’s considered par for the course for musicians not to make any money from music and have it be more important to “get your name out there.”
With visual artists, it’s considered a cardinal sin to pay them in “exposure.” Which, y’know, is understandable since artists need to eat. So why is that not the same for musicians? Isn’t not getting paid but “getting your name out there” literally the same as being paid in exposure?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide