Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
@gasmaskangel  
The tablet gaming hype is like some rich guy that someone told them about a, “almost dry oil field” and they got overexcited at the words “oil field” and spent billions on new oil wells.

Tablet gaming is a niche market, but the fact it’s being treated as the next big thing is hilarious. It’s important, but it’s not THAT important.

If you ask me the problem with a lot of AAA publishers is that they’re looking for a new gimmick. During the 2000’s it was fps games, but now they incorrectly guessed that it was going to be tablet gaming and before that they thought it was going to be motion control and so forth.

If the next big gimmick turns out to be the oculist rift I think everyone’s going to be super excited about that though, cause imagine if virtual reality is the new gimmick that’s going to be awesome.
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@uc9  
I honestly think that AAA development should stick to sandbox style games, because of the AAA games I’ve played in the last couple years, only the sandbox ones have really floored me as an experience.

Honestly I have way more respect for a developer that knows what they’re good at and sticks with it. Like Bethesda and Obsidian do with RPGs, or how Id used to be with shooters till they changed their focus to jerking off my graphics card.

There is much to be said for refining your craft in a certain field instead of flailing around for the newest gimmick to exploit, primarily because you never know what gimmick is going to stick around.

To shift the subject slightly but to still keep on gaming, a common complaint I hear from people who want to have a nerd pissing contest is that graphics are secondary to story. To which I say “Fine. Read a damn book then.”

Graphics and story are both tools for creating a sense of immersion. This is as true for gaming as it is for film, and to an extent one can make up for the other.
uc9

Corrupter of the pure
@gasmaskangel  
The way I view graphics is that they should compliment a game. What I mean by that is super realistic graphics should only be used for certain sorts of games, where as stuff like cartoony graphics should only be used for certain sorts of games. Having a mario game with as realistic graphics as say crysis would just look weird.
ender1200
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@gasmaskangel  
The way I see it the problem with AAA games graphics is that  
Advanced Graphics =/= Good Looking Graphics.

Games should look good, but just rising the polygon count and texture resolution isn’t always the answer. There are some Beautiful games out there that use very simple graphics, but It Looks Gorgeous and fits the game perfectly. On the other hand AAA games can greatly suffer from the uncanny valley effect where the fact that the game is so photo realist make things look bad.

This isn’t coming to bash all high preforming graphics. Games are a High tech medium and pushing the computing powers of our PCs and Consuls can yield some really impressive results.
FlutterLove
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@gasmaskangel  
Bethesda doesn’t care about graphics? I am sorry but yes they do, and they are not good at making games

Bethesda is the ONLY game company I want to go out of business, it is more because they don’t know how to release a proper game without an over reliance on patches and mods to fix all the game breaking bugs in their games.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@FlutterLove  
Not a bad idea, so long as TES and Fallout are bought by a responsible company.  
Of which there are few.

Bethesda has problems, but in the scheme of things I doubt it is worth tempting the devil we don’t know.

My issue with Bethesda is that with Fallout and TES they seem to have a knack for filling gorgeous worlds with mediocre gameplay and rpg mechanics (stolen from Nocturnalrambler from his articles on Fallout and TES).
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@FlutterLove  
I don’t see how. You’ll have to justify that if you don’t mind.

Fallout would become a CoD clone and TES would… Not sure since DA Inquisition is already copying Skyrim.
FlutterLove

@Whatevs  
the games wouldn’t be as broken, they would probably be riddled with terrible practices like microtransactions and useless dlc but they would actually take fault for releasing a broken game (they admitted Battlefield 4 was broken at least, more than Bethesda will admit for their games)
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@FlutterLove  
Because Bethesda doesn’t play test their games. And they aren’t really the worst company. If they go out of business say good bye to going up mountains with a 90 degree angle.

Face it all games have their fault. Bethesda’s Games are just really glitchy nothing more, but they are still fun to play. And at the end of the day that’s whats Important.
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@FlutterLove  
I don’t recall saying anywhere that Bethesda doesn’t care about graphics, and while yeah they tend to release buggy as fuck games… well yeah that’s bad but I don’t quite see where your bile is coming from.

For me the good of those games far outweighs the bad, and for me a pretty major good is how mod friendly their two major franchises are, something that a lot of publishers (EA in particular springs to mind) vehemently oppose because if you’re allowed to customize a game and increase its replay value then maybe you won’t buy the next yearly release. Add into that all the other anticonsumer bullshit that EA pulls constantly, and well… I can only assume that you’re speaking hyperbolicly.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Whatevs  
Taking inspiration is not the same as copying, Bethesda wishes they had one character as compelling as random quest givers are in a BioWare game, Also They aren’t ruining the game by wasting time on obviously bad First person Melee combat, And at least BioWare remembers they made a game before the latest one, And doesn’t spit on any semblance of continuity, Bethesda makes great games, but not for the same reasons as BioWare,
uc9

Corrupter of the pure
My issue with Bethesda is that with Fallout and TES they seem to have a knack for filling gorgeous worlds with mediocre gameplay and rpg mechanics

Pretty much how I feel about fallout. I’ve brought up plenty of times how mediocre the fallout gameplay mechanics are to fans and the reaction is always the same. I’ve met plenty of fallout fans that can’t aim for shit in other video games cause of their over reliance on VATS and can’t even get past the first level in a actually challenging video game like dark souls or such.

I like the world of fallout, but they either need to make it more skilled based or go back to being a rpg cause right now the actual game is a extremely broken mess that I’ve seen better games from solely one person working alone.

In other words; Bethesda get your act together.
Ore-O

Squidamouche
@uc9  
I have no feelings because I never played the games but if it means not infesting it with game-breaking bugs, then I’m all for it. Also, I hope your friends don’t become like DSP and complain about bugged aiming mechanics.
uc9

Corrupter of the pure
@Ore-O  
Making bethesda games more skill based would remove a lot of the bugs.

Also I no longer play with my friends anymore, cause last time I played with them thirty seconds in they leroy jenkins the tank, shot the propane tank right in front of them and when I tried to throw a bile out to give me a few seconds so that the regular zombies would get off me so as to rescue one of the two the last standing one shot the gas tank incap me and then ran face first into the tank.  
“What the fuck is wrong with you guys?!”  
“We can try again I ran into a aim glitch”  
“That wasn’t a fucking aim glitch! You agro’d the tank and then you shot the propane tank knocking both of you down and then the gas tank got lit while I was getting them! That’s not a fucking aim glitch!”  
“Lag”  
“That’s not fucking lag either!”
uc9

Corrupter of the pure
Final fantasy 13: Lightning returns is going to be deemed the worst game of the year and the ending is on par with Mass Effect 3’s original ending level bad.

The whole premise of final fantasy is that FANTASY; the ending completely voids final fantasy in that it removes everything you love about final fantasy like a cultist in a indiana jones movie ripping out someone’s heart. The game sucks worse than sonic ‘06 in that at least sonic ‘06 had the decency to undo the game without making it worse. Final Fantasy 13: lightning returns’ ending only makes it worse in that they could have completely gone the route of, “Well that sucked. Hit the reset button” but instead hit the, “Fuck you guys. We’ll destroy final fantasy further cause you don’t like our games” button.

I used to like final fantasy, but just kill the franchise already. It almost feels as though they’re intentionally trying to make the game as crappy as possible as a big, “fuck you” to the players for not liking the game.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Mega Man 2 is heavily overrated for a Megaman game. Sure, it was the game that put Megaman onto the market as a franchise. But there are a TON of other Megaman games that deserve as much, if not more praise than MM2. A TON of other Megaman games have far better music and gameplay and characters than MM2. The amount of attention MM2 got over other better Megaman games was undeserved. Because of MM2 fanboys, Capcom made Megaman 9 and 10 in the model of MM2, getting rid of the charge buster, slide, and a lot of other neat abilities and tools Megaman aquired throughout the series. From how I see it, it was like building a magnificently sophisticated Space/Cyber Age civilization, only to later to have someone decide to smack it down and bring everything back into the Stone Age.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@uc9

As A ME3 ending hater: please elaborate as to why the ending to FF XII: LR is on par with ME3’s ending? I don’t mind being spoiled to it, as I don’t really care for the story anymore.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide