The Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Part of my problem is that I don’t know what cards to even get for the three decks. I know I want to have them stay on theme for the most part, even with the extra deck for the most part.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Watching Yami Bakura vs Yami Yugi. I love how the “perfect occult combo” dies to a MST or Heavy Storm. Too bad the protagonists don’t believe spot removal or backrow destruction.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@QuasarNova  
I’ve seen the History and Progression videos. Pretty sure one of those two were out by than. And even Harpy’s Feather Duster has been a thing in the show, a Heavy Storm that only effects your opponent. Why wouldn’t Yugi have that, since I don’t think it was established that it can only be used with Harpy Lady on the field. They also changed Sangan’s effect in this duel, since it searched a card in the Rebecca duel where here, Bakura uses it’s effect to just draw from the top of his deck, so they aren’t the most constant.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Entering the Virtual World 2 mini-arc, I hate it more than I did before. Mai is slowy dying, Marik is out for blood, Bakura is gone, and now that is all postponed for filler, with Marik staying behind to watch for no reason (so much for gathering sacrifices to empower himself). At least the first Virtual World arc knew to wait until after Duel Island to happen.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
So, decided to watch the first VW2 duel (Yugi vs Deepsea Warrior). Still on the first ep, but I see where they got the idea of duel spirits for GX, between Pegasus’s Copy Cat talking to him and Kuriboh forcing himself to be Yugi’s deck master. Going to guess that it’s skill is Multiply (anime Kuriboh’s only gimmick).

Edit: So Deepsea Warrior’s anime effect is that he can tribute two monsters to stop an attack and cause the attacker’s owner to take the damage instead? That’s an anime effect if I seen one.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
So other than my hard read on Kuriboh’s deck master’s skill being correct, this was the appearance of Obnoxious Celtic Guardian and Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight, with their abilities. Even back than they knew that the normal monster versions of them were bad.

full  
full

Oh, and this card would be abused somehow if it was real:

full
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
I’m not going to enjoy Nightmare Penguin vs Tai. I don’t like Dark Magician Girl due to her overuse and fans (and how Konami tried to make it seem somewhat normal in GX for a human to be romantically/sexually into a playing card), and I remember the guy being a creep in the dub, so that makes me worried about how bad he is in the uncensored sub.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Wow, that was worst than I remembered. Remember when Tai kicked Joey’s ass in Duel Monsters every time? The writers forgot. Seriously, she discarded Pot of Greed for 800 burn damage and never used the Graceful Charity in her hand. Even Joey would have used them, and he only wins because of luck. What happened to her?
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Meanlucario  
He’s worse in the sub. You’ll see what I mean later before a tag duel.

@Meanlucario  
He didn’t date her. She shows up for a day and duels Jaden. Then as a spirit (which Syrus can’t see) she gives him a cheek kiss…somehow.

@Meanlucario  
That’s just comedic gag of Joey being a buttmonkey it’s like how Goku is afraid of needles and of getting slapped by Bulma when he can already destroy planets.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide