The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I have a feeling Shadiversity might enjoy this Isekai story
Weak MC initially.
MC is nice and manly and honorable and just, but he’s got a slight edge to him after being dumped by his old group, run by the guy who stole his big tiddy wife.
Betrayed, went on a depression bout but soon after, awakened OP powers. Not willing to take revenge, he moved on and went on a adventure.
MC bought a sickly little flat chested kemono girl as his slave (she later develops bigass watermelon tiddies) and is super nice to her. Wait, MC a slave owner? How can you justify to your readers your MC having a 12yo big tiddy slave girl who may or may not be a love interest?!
The solution: consensual slavery (HAHAHAHA). By that I mean it starts as the usual yessa massa stuff and immediately becomes “master I love you because you’re nice to me I will be with you forever can I have your kids” situation.
Generic jrpg fantasy fanfare. Rape is also there too, you know, just to get that blood flowing, to which part of the body is up to the reader.
Btw I’m pretty sure this manga is a parody because there can’t be any way this is sincere.
Edit: I enjoyed it but then again I’m down bad with no values.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I got a big 1tb SATA ssd for christmas. All my games can go on it, my phone got upgraded storage too, because i moved my big micro sd over to my phone after moving my games over.
I like having a big bulk drive. now i can even upgrade the m2 ssd because i have a temporary place to put the windows installation.
@CaptainXtra
Iseika is the fantasy of a normal, unordinary person suddenly going into another world and being valuable.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Because anime nowadays has gotten lazy and become derivative off it’s own derivatives.
You know the recent phenomena where AI art and such have begun to cannibalize other AI art for their “inspiration”, creating one big incestuous orgy loop of decreasing quality? Yeah anime has already been doing that for decades.
Whereas previous “consensual slavery” anime used the trope with some level of tact to tell a story, it’s now another kink bullet point to check off so the latest shitty shovelware anime can grab even glancing notice.
Literally “[Trapped] in another world”.
You ever watch Amphibia? Isekai. Owl House? Isekai. Digimon? Isekai. Alice in Wonderland? Isekai. Narnia? Isekai. Tron? Iseka.
Futurama? Spirit is there but not Isekai, it’s still Earth but in the future. Jumanji? Reverse Isekai, the other world comes here. Planet of the Apes? Looks like an Isekai but the twist reveals it isn’t.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan
most probably a parody of the shield hero archetype except played straight.
has the same jovial attitude as 300 years killing Slime without breaking the fourth wall
fanservice is very low, surprisingly, and it’s got zero drama, aside from the recurring memories he had of his past group.
It’s lukewarm and mid all around. Very safe.
As if written to validate or perpetuate the genre, and to give the genre’s audience something to read while waiting for a more hyped work.
edit: you ninja’d me with the shovelware comment.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@CaptainXtra
as you can see, isekai’s been around for a long time.
is only recently with the formation of common tropes that isekai became a term to refer to “another world” stories that share those tropes.
so, while digimon adventures and narnia and john carter and army of darkness ARE isekai technically,
when ppl say isekai it usually means Konosuba or Shield Hero or Jobless Hero or heck, Sword Art Online.
Isekai and basic-ass anachronistic JRPG medieval fantasy kinda overlap, to the point that I consider Goblin Slayer to be Isekai, despite it NOT being one technically.
Edit: BRO, Kingdom Hearts is technically isekai.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

from a review of Shad’s book
Daylen, the 82yo ex-tyrant turned 17yo by God as a chance for redemption, heard a girl scream coming from a house. Dylan broke into the house, breaking walls causing property damage, and found a man trying to rape a young girl. Daylen grabbed the man’s junk, gave him a death stare and ripped it clean off his body, killing him.
The disturbed young girl looked up to Daylen in fear and shock. Daylen told him “is cool, I saved you.” Girl says “That was my father.” Daylen said “tell your ma that your pa is a rapist and I just saved you” and left. leaving the girl with a dead body, a broken wall and lifelong trauma to have to deal with.
you know…if Shad had written this as comedy instead of like a serious work it would probably be less cringe.
More stuff
Daylen and crew snuck into a pirate ship, run by one of his bastard son. Daylen killed all them pirates. He then killed his bastard and impaled the head on a spear. The party then saw what the pirate was smugglin’ and…you guessed it, GIRLS. Young girls. 14 to 16yo on their way to be sold as sex slaves. All of them already raped.
Them girls be half-naked with exotic clothes. One of them be blue eyes, cute face, long hair deep blue color with red streaks, immediately runs up to him to hug this 82yo in the body of 17yo. WHY? Because Daylen is NICE to her and she thinks she’s damaged good anyway, so why not just whore it up to this handsome young man.
Blud shoulda just wrote hentai I swear to god. I’ll read his hentai, no cap. This is some Sankaku Complex “how dare you woke mf get between me and my big tiddy loli” shit bruh.
Shad is still doing cool armor and swords stuff tho. Can’t knock him on that aspect.
Just Wayne
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Blingo
Most other live action Batman’s have to fake a voice to sound at least intimidating. Kevin Conroy uses his normal voice and he is terrifying.
Rest in peace Kevin Conroy, the best Batman ever.
Spidey10

Most other live action Batman’s have to fake a voice to sound at least intimidating. Kevin Conroy uses his normal voice and he is terrifying.
Rest in peace Kevin Conroy, the best Batman ever.
The only reason I’m still somewhat interested in Rocksteady’s Suicide Squad game is to hear his final performance.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Darth Prime
I hate the “Bruce Wayne is the mask and Batman is the real face” thing honestly
It’s needlessly edgy and just doesn’t track with his actual personality, even within BTAS
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide