The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
What’s this trope called?
Douchebag General: FIRE THOSE DEADLY BOMBS INTO THAT AREA!
Underling that cares about their fellow Soldiers: BUT SIR, OUR OWN MEN ARE STILL DOWN THERE!
DG: THEY KNOW THE RISK, NOW DO AS I SAY!
(Like im pretty sure the Douchebag General would realistically get their ass courtmartialed but strangely they hardly ever receive any comeuppance.)
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
i’m be real with you dawgs. FNAF:SB hits different. i actully really like it and what it did for the animatronic characters like i felt bad for some of them.
From humble beginnings to glam rock.
MMH! Shame Scott Cawthorn is such a piece of work because FNAF has really become something great.
Just got back from NWH. Want to talk about some big spoilers.
Yep. Hollywood’s worst kept secret was correct: Maguire and Garfield Spideys are in it. And every scene they’re in is a blast. I wouldn’t say it ever quite lived up to the hype, but then again the circumstances surrounding this crossover means there is no way it could live up to the hype. Still the interactions between the any number of the Peters were great, and that big swing together when they finally got in sync with each other was awesome.
The villains were great too. Lizard and Sandman were barely bigger than side characters. They never even appeared in their human forms until the end, and I’m all but certain that was recycled footage from their respective films. Electro was a step up from his film though. But yeah as the trailers showed the real stars of this team-up was Doc Ock and Green Goblin. They owned every scene they were in. Sadly, though it took me a while to notice, there were only 5 of them. We still have to wait for the big screen debut of the Sinister Six.
Uncle Ben is an integral part of Spiderman’s backstory, so much so I was starting to wonder how they could repeat his story without it getting stale. They sure found a way alright.
Random thought, but the motherfucking Green Goblin straight up powerbombs Peter during their first fight!
And for the biggest surprise of all, they fucking did it! Those madmen did it! VENOM WAS IN THE MOVIE! I mean, technically. It was only in the mid-credits scene, and Tom Hardy never “suited up”, but yeah that Let There Be Carnage stinger did amount to something. Not much considering he only appeared for a minute then got yeeted back to the Sony-verse, but hey Eddie did leave a drop of Venom behind. We’re getting an MCU Venom down the line!
The after credits stinger was just a straight up trailer for the next Doctor Strange movie. 2 standout moments were Shuma-Gorath vs Strange and…was that Strange Supreme? The What If series is canon to the MCU?
So yeah it was a blast.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan
You watched it. Good. Also good review. Yeah the memes and hype were absolutely on another level, but hey.
So lemme ax you:
Think Strange’s spell did anything in the long run? Like, literally a lot of people globally probably already has pictures, memes, art, and photos of Peter Parker being Spiderman.
So OKAY that spell closed the portal and gave everybody amnesia on Peter Parker, but like, I seriously do not believe they wouldn’t discover both Peter Parker’s existence AND his secret identity very soon, considering the ridiculous amount of evidence that exist around the world.
Basically Peter would have to have absolute global control over every data on every storage device not to mention physical evidence of all “Peter Parker = Spiderman” related materials, if he ever want to keep hero ID a secret.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Peter was seen studying for his GED in the ending. There’s no way Peter Parker has grades so poor he needs to retake highschool, let alone a kid who implicitly is good enough to get into MIT.
And, like, Tony basically gifted the boy his legacy. Falcon and the Winter Soldier showed that the Avengers doesn’t pay the bills, and I really doubt Tony would’ve left him with some billion dollar trust fund or whatever, but I also doubt he wouldn’t have given the boy some kind of rainy day funds. Between Tony and Aunt May I have a hard time believing that Peter couldn’t afford something better than that I-can’t-believe-it’s-not-the-Raimi-Spiderman-apartment if he had something to fall back on.
Evidence points to Stranger’s spell also erasing physical evidence of Peter’s existence.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan
See, that’s the thing: How would it work, to erase literally everything, EVERYTHING on Peter Parker yet the world moves on as if nothing happened?
In order to do what Strange did, to erase ALL evidence digital physical and mental, of Peter Parker’s existence, without getting anyone into some major mental crisis would mean REWRITING history and not merely giving everyone a good brainwash and burning the evidence.
If somebody was spending the entire day talking about Peter Parker or doing Peter Parker art or fanfics and the next second they see a blank screen and zero idea what they’ve been doing the last 24 hours they’d freak out. If that became a global phenomenon, that at that particular day everyone in the multiverse suddenly “skipped” hours of their lives with no recollection? That’d be chaos.
Strange would have to have rewritten everything Peter Parker into something else entirely, so that it wouldn’t make anyone suspicious.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I think the answer is equal parts “magic” and, well this is a post Snap/Decimation/Blip/Whatever-calling-it-now world. They’re also in a post-Mysterio world, where the public is split down the middle on believing he’s a Slider or believing he’s a fraud. There’s probably a bunch of mechanisms in place for people who just randomly show up now.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Geez… some ungrateful people man… I got a run in on some whiny demandful asses who are unhappy about NWH because they wanted Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, and Emma Stone to be in this movie.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan
Sure, but I’m not convinced ppl are acting as if they didn’t just skip hours of their day on that one day. Internet bound to pick up said event and eventually they will talk about it.
Which means Strange’s Spell must have did something other than merely brainwash and burn the evidence.
For example, the MIB series starring Will Smith does a far better job explaining how and why ppl could go on with their lives crisis-free despite having been mind-wiped. It’s because the agency replaces their lost memory with another story and actively tries to keep it consistent.
That’s basically my whole question, really. How does Strange tricked everybody into thinking they’ve not only never known Peter Parker, but also that Peter Parker never existed and has had zero influence in history, even to the people he’s known and spent time with all his life?
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@CaptainXtra
A lot there was a made scramble to fill the vacuum it’s how Talon Karrde rose to be number one smuggler.
And maybe Karrde will show up in the Book of Boba Fett tune in next week to find out.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I always wondered if Good Boys and Good Girls could be Chads.
The answer is yes they can.
Literally me.
No really, why are miniseries more interesting than feature length films?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide