Ask the mods anything

Background Pony #87CD
What admins (Admins, not mods or assistants) do daily? How you can become an administrator?
Your profile picture is absurdly adorable, where it is on Derpi?
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
Your profile picture is absurdly adorable, where it is on Derpi?
What admins (Admins, not mods or assistants) do daily? How you can become an administrator?
All admins: Make sure the site goes in the direction that’s satisfactory, resolve issues where mods are unsure, make sure things like long standing projects are actually getting done (such as rule stuff, tag stuff, etc), hire new staff members, and basically everything else that just a normal mod wouldn’t do. Basically we’re the manager.
Just me: Make sure the site remains technically operational, lead the development of derpi version of philomena, decide which features are required and either implement them upstream or in the derpi repo, and also plan out and execute april fools events since 2018.
Becoming an admin: Admins are people who really run the site in the most direct way possible, and it is the only role that has actual commitments and commitment requirements. You really can’t become an admin unless I personally make you one. In order for me to consider you for a position, you need to be incredibly loyal to Derpibooru, be a friend of mine, and meet very arbitrary and not set-in-stone criteria that I just kind of make up depending on what I need from the admin structure. Currently I’m happy with the set of admins and it’s very unlikely that I’d consider promoting anyone else to that role.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #87CD & @Princess Celestia
Admins also get to stay up until 2AM their time talking with one of us when we’ve had Just The Worse Day and need a friend to chat with.
So along with all the “Make sure the paperwork is filed and submitted and the bills are paid” they also get to help people deal with burnout or some of the trauma that sometimes happens when one of us has to deal with some of the things that sometimes gets posts here.
Kind of a cross between a Guild Leader and a Mother and, above all, a good friend.
Our current suite of Admins is good at all of these things.
One of the interesting things about this site is that it takes all of us to do it once. It really is a team effort. The trick, for me, is finding something that you enjoy doing enough that the other stuff you don’t like doing doesn’t suck your soul out, and letting others find their special thing that they enjoy doing.
ArmadilloEater

French Taunter
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Drama, yes. Epic, I dunno about that one.
Still to this day the most overblown fandom-related drama I’ve witnessed, so much angst and whining you could think you were at a Panic at the Disco concert. A lot of people saw it coming from a mile away, which meant a lot of fanfics and images on the topic, which meant there were haters of the idea even before it ever became a canon thing. Most people were complaining about “Twilight outliving her friends” and how awful that is, which I find completely baffling. You’re gonna outlive a lot of people, that doesn’t make your friendships any lesser. You make new friends and cherish the memories of the older ones, FFS.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
@ArmadilloEater
There are people still do this day that tear at their clothes about the whole issue, as well as believe themselves bullied out of the fandom over militantly not accepting it.
The whole thing was and continues to be absurd. You still get people dropping poison-tipped comments on random images being mad about the whole thing. I don’t believe the show handled it well, but Twilight “ascending” in one form or another was telegraphed really blatantly since the first episode.
Faulstcoughs really are the worst.
ArmadilloEater

French Taunter
@JP
Yeah, I remember those leaks. I don’t think they were purposeful, because why would they be, but I do remember the fighting started right there and then. I dunno, I had been reading fanfics on Twi becoming an alicorn since season 1, and it made sense to me with the way Celestia was grooming her to be a replacement on day it felt like. That plushy of Twilight with the Scootaloo wings looks derpy as fuck though.
@The Smiling Pony
Yeaaaah, the final episode of the season was rushed as all hell, should have been doubled up. The song and dance of “You’re a princess, Twilight” was a poor sendoff to old Twilight. Also, the fighting over what to tag “normal” twilight and “new” twilight was pretty fun. We really should alias “Twilight sparkle” with “twilight sparkle (alicorn)” :^)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide