Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #4DAB
I believe that the “foalcon” tag should be included under the hidden tag list in the site’s default filter, much like how content containing racial slurs is there.
I also think that an “objectionable” rating tag for content with strong political themes, rage bait, pedophilia, and other stuff along those lines would be a good idea, but I’m not so bold as to insist upon that. Tags that indicate objectionable content would be parented to it. The suggestive rating is among the spoilered tags in the default filter, and I don’t like the idea of a new user looking for something involving adults clicking on something with the “suggestive” spoiler, only to be jumpscared with something they don’t want to see.
My apologies if this is the wrong place to suggest a filter change. There doesn’t seem to be a specific thread for it.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #4DAB
The foalcon tag should not appear on safe images and any images with the tag would be hidden or spoilered by default already. And there is no way to universally assume what a new or inexperienced user would find objectionable to them or that they would not want to see something. Suggestive is a tag about rating, not content. It could contain a crude joke as much as a busty chest in a swimsuit.
I can tell you right now that what I don’t want to see is not at all shared by the majority opinion.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

I miss the show so much
We need a non-meme tag for things that are under the bed. We have a literal under the bed tag but that’s actually a decade-old meme tag that has been misused for years (I just misused it myself a moment ago).
saby
Magical Inkwell - Untitled ancient Pegasopolis vignette
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations

Anti Fun Officer
@JP
Or we cart the ancient exploitable meme into “under the bed meme” and let the plain name stand for what it says on the tin.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@JP
what a deeply fascinating set of images … looks like ‘stuck under the bed’ is in there, too. but also stuff like
83 images - that’s not an impossible set to just fix today.
I see we also have under the table and under the tree, under the covers
and under the bed,meme seems to do a good job of identifying the memes, and under the bed,-meme seems like a reasonable ‘not meme’ set for that tag.
And it seems that tag all started with this exploitable:
So … given how those tags are set up, especially under the table which seems like the ‘best’ of them, how about these changes to under the bed:
• remove the implications ‘meme’ and ‘exploitable meme’
• add the implications ‘bed’
fascinatingly, 58 of the under the bed images don’t have the bed tag even though there’s a bed right there in the image … and then there’s stuff like >>605884 where I have no idea what under the bed means on that image. Like, I’m zooming in super hard and I can’t see anything bed related in that image.
Anyway, if we did that, then people looking for the meme version can look for under the bed,meme. And under the bed would just be under the bed.
Looks like this might fix it … what do you think?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@saby
Also plausible but … not sure what the meme is that’s being identified. So, if that’s a thing that we need to identify, sure.
But I’m looking at stuff it’s used on, like this, and if that is tagged correctly then I have no idea now what the ‘under the bed’ meme even is, because it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with a bed or being under one.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

I miss the show so much
@Ciaran
AFAIK that image is part of some long-running “nested” meme, where each successive image contains the previous image. I think it’s this “series”. At some point, one of the actual “under the bed” image was part of the chain and so the tag is used even if the original image isn’t visible anymore, because people keep copying the tags without checking if they apply anymore.
JP

I miss the show so much
@Background Pony #7C7A
That’s because up until a few hours ago, “under the bed” implied “meme” and “exploitable meme”.
I removed them from every image you linked to, plus a few others.
Background Pony #52BA
Other than when the © symbol appears in the image, or when the image addresses the concept of copyright (such as various protest images), what is the tag copyright used for? Or are those other cases using the tag wrong?
Background Pony #7C7A
@JP
They seem to be imports from another booru. I guess they can be aliased. Personally I don’t care whether the canonical form is namespaced or not. Also, aren’t unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies races rather than species?
@Background Pony #52BA
I suspect some incorrect uses are meant to express something like “original content, do not steal”.
BTW we also have the underutilized but more specific copyright symbol tag.
Background Pony #B822
NSFW
On this image https://derpibooru.org/images/3116262, it has the sex tag, which I have to question on why it is there.
The short description of the sex tags says “sexual contact with genitals or anuses (even if not directly visible)”. That seems like a bit of a stretch to tag the image as sex even though the hands are not touching Fluttershy’s nether regions
saby
Magical Inkwell - Untitled ancient Pegasopolis vignette
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations

Anti Fun Officer
@Background Pony #B822
Following the report, I edited the tags, but turns out, even with mod powers, a locked tag cannot be edited in or out. Didn’t notice the non-imminent versions of sex and rape didn’t actually get removed. The lock has to be disabled first, then tags edited, then tags relocked. I fixed it now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide