Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@CORDZ2000  
Yes I saw your explanation. “Perfect” is a bit of a stretch since it does have points that can be argued against and the grammatical errors, which is fine since I’m gonna assume English isn’t your first language so you can always improve on that.

But about your post, I somewhat agree. I do think he genuinely tries to improve and the latter seasons does show significant progress I’ll admit. He loves and cares for Fluttershy and he sincerely sees Spike and Big Mac as friends thanks to their guys night. Sadly despite that, he’s been permanently tainted for me because of his inexcusable actions in certain episodes where he acts like a manchild and makes others feel miserable for the sake of “teaching them a lesson” even if it means nearly sending someone to another dimension because he kept getting ignored, acting all passive aggressive towards Twilight to the point where the poor girl broke into tears, nearly killed the students in the school because he wasn’t considered for a job, faking a genuine death and speech and the finale twist itself. He was once a great character until the writing for him took a nosedive and they needed excuses to bring him around and give John De Lancie his paycheck.

Yeah sorry, but I just don’t like him, if you do, then that’s cool. Also, I’m neutral on Fluttercord, don’t have much of an opinion on it.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
I guess its just with discord. I never really held the bad things he did against him under the idea of him being a work in progress/showing a want to be better and him being a spirit of chaos and disharmony so he causes that in his episodes.

Maybe that isn’t a excuse but that’s pretty much my explanation of my forgiveness if he didn’t grow at all in the story or want to be better I wouldn’t be a fan of him. On that note your right, one doesn’t have to constantly forgive jerkass dangerous actions and i understand were u come from.

Him having all those rough bumps for me though is what makes me love his character i understand why people love starlight for ex i just can’t feel the same lvl of love that 90% of the fandom seems to feel for her. Im not a fan of her type of reformation arcs where characters are basically perfect heroes in the end and/or change quickly but i get it it makes her far less fraustrating and easier to like, sometimes it works, didn’t work for me for starlight. Idk just depends on how its written.
Mr.Myoozik
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@CORDZ2000  
I mean if it makes you feel better, Starlight Glimmer has arguably done just as much bad or even worse than him, yet she’s my favorite character of the entire show so I definitely know how you feel in that regard about not holding her bad actions against her. The best written characters are the ones who have flaws and issues with them and watching them overcome those issues so that’s one reason why I love her. I’m glad that you feel the same for Discord, the best thing I can say is that he is interesting character that gives you a lot to talk about, for better or worse, and it’s better than a bland forgettable character with little to no character.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@WyrmSpawN  
Thanks.

Friendship is Magic is in this horrible place where nothing inspires me more than it but the reality of the show (as opposed to the potential, which is what inspires me) is pretty much 100% ‘I wish this didn’t exist.’ Never managed to completely write a storyline so I can only discuss that reality too…

@Ebalosus  
Ah Blueblood. Another mean to an end. Rarity never saw him as a person either. Never a “who,” only a “what can he get for me?”

Oh, sorry, “what will he get for me” because obviously she’s entitled to living like a princess simply for looking really pretty!

I’d have loved someone, anyone, to go and ask her “great, when does Blueblood get a choice in this? What about what he wants to do with his life?” in The Best Night Ever. But questioning their precious little heroes was never something DHX cared that much about.

@Background Pony #8A65  
In-universe, what Latecomer said… That’s ignoring that he was brought back from not being a threat. Even though the whole world was better off without him for over one thousand years.

Sure pays to be the leader of your own personality cult for over a thousand years, right Celestia? Nobody even thinks about blaming you for this. Or for anything else. Ever.

Out of universe, well, ever seen a tabletop RPG session where the dungeon master had an NPC he really, really, really loved? And shoved him in the players’ party against their will to steal their thunder all the time? Yeah, that. DHX’s precious little pet…

@CORDZ2000  
Yeah, you forgave Discord. Good for you.

My totally legit reason for liking Starlight amounts to “I just do” too and I’m pretty sure I see her the same way you see Discord in the sense of “she’s a work in progress,” “she’s actually trying” and “it’s so nice to see a flawed (to a ridiculous extent) character struggling to be a good person instead of just being so pure and special they’re innately good enough to qualify for a virtue’s greatest representant on earth.”

(It’s kinda hilarious how Cadance is basically ‘too pure for this sinful earth’ levels of flawless simply by being herself too, speaking of which. How was Sunset supposed to compete with that?)

Others didn’t forgive him, so let them have their own opinions instead of feeling the need to correct this “injustice” all the time. Please?

There was so much potential for Discord being a better person too. He’s “why not,” “it amused me” and “because I can” incarnate but if my memory’s right, it was only ever in the sense of doing bad things. Didn’t watch many of his episodes but I don’t recall him ever helping someone (without being a smug and/or entitled asshole about it) simply “because he could.”

“Why did you risk being erased from existence fighting (the real) Grogar to save a slave species you never heard of!?”  
“Why not?”

Exaggerated example but just like that he’s already much more palatable (at least to me).

edit: forgot that one

@AC97  
That’s an interesting perspective, and it’s absolutely true. Celestia just saw Discord as a way of easily defeating Tirek, when it seems more likely than not they could’ve tracked him down, and neutralized him before he got too powerful, since Luna can dreamwalk, and so on; the given reason they cited they couldn’t go after him after Discord betrayed them was “Tirek has Discord with him.”

Thought some more about this. It’s true that Celestia probably had better ways to track down Tirek.

She sent Discord because (she expected) his power couldn’t be stolen by him, right? Or maybe because she didn’t want people she actually cared about risking to suffer that. Why risk her precious little Twilight when she has Discord to take the brunt of the attack?

Or maybe it even was some kind of win-win gambit. If Discord wins, great, Tirek is defeated! If Tirek wins, great, Discord’s defeated! If they kill each other dead, great! National holiday everypony!
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Roseluck  
All the Mane Five looked like dicks at the Gala  
Pinkie and Applejack couldn’t read the room and realise that certain food and dances were improper in this Occasion  
Flurrershy should have known better than to harass animals who aren’t used to people being friendly  
Rarity was too deluded  
Rainbow Dash’s desire to pester celebrities in a day off would make her look like an asshole irl
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Get up and Jump
It’s why I think all the “fix it” Fanfics where the Mane Six get there way are bad. The episode itself seems to imply that their expectations were too much in the first place
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Pinkie and Applejack couldn’t read the room
and she never did learn to. The fact that she pretty much always gets her way with the other five is THE number one reason I can’t stand her. She learns nothing, bothers everyone and nobody sees a problem with it.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
So apparently, Pinkie Pie is basically the Mabel Pines of FiM? The hyperactive character that didn’t have to sacrifice much, a tad bit selfish, and pestered everyone to conform on what they felt was right, but when something goes wrong or blowsup, they still get off the hook at the end of the day. Yeah that makes sense.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
Mabel isn’t really called out on anything or suffer any consequences ever or hardly even apologize. Id say pinkie pie has at least being called out and apologizing so she is better written imo, both are fun characters to watch but writing wise yeah mabel is pretty bad.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
@Brass Beau  
I think it’s not as much her fault as it is her friends. Her friends just accept her mistakes without even trying to correct her. I’m thinking of that Parasprites episode. Or that Green Isn’t Your Color episode.

She’s a good pony but she needs to be guided. Her friends will either flat out ignore her or listen to whatever she says. There’s no in between. There’s not even an attempt to correct her or give her advice.

Honestly I would have rather Pinkie Pie in the early episodes have the conflict of being too insensitive and the others would have to reason with her and she would learn how to interact with others more properly.

I feel like Pinkie is treated too much like a child instead of as an intelligent adult who can be taught to be more mature.
Don't

Get up and Jump
Although

I still don’t get why the writers had Twilight behave that way in the Season 2 episode when she’s from Canterlot and had a huge issue with self image
Background Pony #858B
@Don’t  
Oh, it’s the episode meant to be the spotlight of Mane 6’s character flaws from the beginning anyway, so they were intentionally written as portrayed badly as to deperfectize them.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Her friends will either flat out ignore her or listen to whatever she says. There’s no in between.

I would halfway agree . One major episode where I would disagree in would be Yakity-Sax. I could be remembering wrong, but Pinkie was being obnoxious as usual so when her friends called her out she just went “emo” on them. She played the victim making the rest feel bad just for saying something that was causing damage to other ponies.

Pinkie, I think, is very selflessly selfish in terms of, she does genuinely selfless acts for what she believes to be good reasons, but in doing so she doesn’t considering other creatures’ feelings. In which it makes her character very annoying at times.
Background Pony #7032
Thoughts:  
Starlight’s redemption should’ve been fleshed out more.  
I imagine G4 and G5 could co-exist peacefully.
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Speaking of The Best Night Ever, my biggest complaint was that Spike was left behind and didn’t get a chance to really enjoy the Gala with Twilight or any of the girls or with anyone in the ball really.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Starlight’s redemption should’ve been fleshed out more.

I think almost everyone on this site would agree on that statement.

@Myoozik  
Spike was left behind

It seems like Spike was almost always left behind. I swear, Gen 1 Spike got to hang out with the crew more than his gen 4 counterpart.
Sadrai

So I just thought what would a Episode dealing with a Snips & Snails friendship problem be like? Because they never really had a episode that focused solely on them, & no Boast busters or the buckball episodes don’t count.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide