Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Brass Beau

I think it’s heavily implied that when it comes to pony manes and tails, they’re far more magical and prehensile than regular hair. We’ve seen examples with ponies that aren’t Pinkie, like Apple Bloom weightlifting with her tail, or Fluttershy flexing in Buckball… a lot of cases.

It also brings to mind that healing magic seems to be quite uncommon at best in this setting.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Don’t  
Or a metric ton, depending on what they use.

Then again, Twilight pointed out an “eight-foot candy cane,” so maybe it is Imperial measurements.

I cannot remember if they used metric at any point, or any other imperial use
Latecomer

@AC97  
All incorparated into my grand theory of pony magic. (As for the hair thing, I just ignore that stupid rule and remember that the hair loss was due to a potent potion of Zecora’s.)
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer
shrugs Makes sense. Though it’s gotta suck if you have a talent in magic, but don’t have the power to use it to its full potential like Sunburst and Trixie.

In “The Crystaling”, Starlight remarked that if she had been there for Sunburst, she could have helped him develop his magic. So that would seem to imply that there’s at least some potential for a unicorn to raise their magical power with training, like lifting weights to build muscle.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Unpopular opinion but honestly I’d have welcomed a more varied and changing cast like every year or so instead of 9 years of Twilight and friends. Not disliking them but just wanting to see more variety in the world, more like G1s ever changing casts of MLP & friends and the British comic.  
Cycling around the world between characters new and old.  
Even give more toy opportunities!  
Oh well.  
I just would like to see that.  
But I know it won’t happen.
Background Pony #5E51
I dislike how fanfics portray the pre-cutie mark CMC as these avatars of mass destruction. Sure, they’re loud and rambunctious at times, but I don’t think the show ever made them as being so destructive that they’re active dangers to the rest of Ponyville like fics portray them as.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #5E51

Yeah, that really… didn’t make much sense.

If I remember correctly, Twilight caused far more damage in one episode than they did in their entire screentime, I think, with say, her gigantic Parasprite screwup in Swarm of the Century, and Rarity caused a lot of trouble with Inspiration Manifestation.

They got Big Mac to tow a house as I think it was their peak for destruction, a cart falling apart?

maybe it’s up for debate, you be the judge
Background Pony #5E51
@AC97  
To be fair, Apple Bloom only tied the house to Big Mac cause she thought it’d stop him. Big Mac being strong enough to tow it was completely out of her expectations. I don’t remember an incident with a cart falling apart?
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Vivace

Yeah, that. Hearts and Hooves Day, I think it was.

(as for the carts in One Bad Apple, one was made of lettuce and wheels [which Babs Seed caused to crash], the other harmlessly landed in mud and gave a pig a near miss, which is probably less of a mess than the one Babs Seed destroyed at the beginning of the episode as the start of antagonizing them. Babs Seed isn’t a character I really care for, on another note)
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@AC97  
Babs isn’t really a character. She’s a walking plot device. I think I might know more about Snails from just Boast Busters than I do Babs.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DoctorWTF
Seems strange that wouldn’t be taught at CSGU.

Could be there’s a strong sink-or-swim culture at the school. Either that or Sunburst was ashamed to ask for help (I’ve had that problem in college myself).
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@AC97

Apple Bloom did this with her tail, too. Nope, I literally couldn’t resist pointing this out. ;P

full

@Don’t

Her strength was tied to the magic, though. Her cutie marks literally gave her new abilities.
Background Pony #563A
@Background Pony #5E51  
Not constantly but the early show, particularly Cutie Mark Chronicles, showed they were at least putting at least themselves in harm’s way more than once in trying to earn their marks. There was bound to be some exaggeration but the basis for that theme was sound.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide