Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #7973
Like RWBY Chibi, it’s something cheap and unchallenging to fill the gap.
That’s a pretty good analogy. I was thinking more along the lines of some fan animations myself… something simple that can just have a bit more fun with the characters and bend the rules a bit harder than the normal show would have reasonably tolerated.

@GenericArchangel  
G4.5 is much more cartooney, so they can get away with it.
Much as I’m annoyed everyone immediately leaped to TTG comparisons, I will say that if that is what they’re going for, one of the things that benefits FiM more than it did Teen Titans is the fact that ponies already having a fair amount of cartoonish, not so serious moments makes the transition to a “more cartooney” style, as you put it, not such a big (and possibly a much more tolerable) leap.

But we’ll see, I suppose.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@GenericArchangel  
Speaking of which, those big eyes make the toys look a little silly. Rarity is the only one who doesn’t look like she’s on enough caffeine to kill an elephant.

And ha, their hair in the last scene with the wind! Those poor toys have been through some shit.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Philweasel  
Oh yeah I’m buying that Rarity when the toys come out. It’ll go great on my desk next to Luna. I might also get Trixie (not in the commercial but is getting a toy (>>2191272).

Oh yeah, Trixie survived the first generation leap. If Derpy and either Luna or Starlight make it, I will be quite pleased.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
So many cartoons nowadays try to emulate the comedy in SpongeBob without understanding what made that show work. I think this will be the same. Expect it to be nonstop noise and characters yelling every 5 seconds, like Johnny Test and VeggieTales in The House.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@ILoveMyoozik  
Why do people who are like… more than a decade younger than me know more about the era I grew up in than I do?

To be fair I love a lot of 80’s stuff, despite being in single digits throughout.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
NEither RWBY Chibi not TTG is an apt comparison. RWBY was fun pretty much the whole way; TTG was frequently irritating (to adults, at least). No way to know yet what Pony Life will be, but as long as they don’t act as charmlessly as TTG, we’re fine.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Vivace  
I think my favorite is the one that asserts that this will divide the fandom between young and old.

Because it’s there anything we need, it’s more arbitrary division.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide