Unpopular opinion time

Soufriere

Sunset Shimmer Fan
I wish Sunset Shimmer or Trixie had replaced Twilight, at least for the slice-of-life S4 episodes where Twilight’s princesshood is not remarked upon and opens plotholes (“Rarity Takes Manehattan”, “Bats!”, “Power Ponies”, “Daring Don’t”).

Why? Well, mostly for race-balancing purposes, but also because those two deserve more development.
Ore-O
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Squidamouche
@Villain Pony  
In retrospect, every minor antagonist in the show needs more development. That’s where fanfics come in to explain the motives, backstories, and the aftermath of encountering our heroines.
Bolan
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

How about some of the good guys? Big Macintosh needs any kind of development. He could be a wise brotherly figure, a stern fatherly figure, a friend. anything. He’s such a waste.
Trickquestion

@Villain Pony  
Yeah, if you take the comics as canon, it’s completely certain that Sunset’s redemption was a giant sack of crap.

Is that an unpopular opinion? I’ve been calling bullshit on her turning around since day one, but last time I checked the fandom seemed pretty divided.
Trickquestion

@Itsthinking  
Yeah, I remember that argument. The thing that made it uncertain for a lot of folks was that old statement that part of Luna’s turn was fueled by dark magic, which the Elements purged to turn her good. In addition, the Elements didn’t affect Discord mentally at all, so the power of the Elements is very ambiguous.

My belief was always that she was either faking, or was lobotomized to be so completely passive that she couldn’t function as a human being, like the guy from Clockwork Orange.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@trashboat  
never heard of it.  
I don’t like how Celestia and Luna are typically Sex and the City-types whenever their sisterhood is brought up in fanon
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
@Whatevs  
It’s Basically People taking audio from Two best friends Play, And Animating Celestia and Luna in there (They’re kind of like Game grumps)
Trickquestion

@ClownDicks  
I think they did the best that they possibly could have with the steaming pile of crap they got handed.

Also, I’ve come to really appreciate the fact that they made Sunset a bitch from day one. The movie tried to make us think she was smart, but I love how the comic presented her as someone who is seemingly brain damaged.
Trickquestion

@ClownDicks  
Cause it’s a lost cause. In that movie, she was so unnecessarily unsubtle, her plan so stupid and nonsensical, and her ability to actually impede Twilight so feeble and ineffectual, that the only way to add anything to her character is to explain it as a severe mental disability.
ClownDicks

@Trickquestion  
But then why was she Celestia’s personal student? Just give up on ascribing an in-universe explanation, because none of them will ever make sense. It’s like how the Joker hasn’t gotten fifty death penalties yet, but the out of universe reason is bad writing instead of popularity.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Fandom related:

LiveSmutAnon is immensely overrated and his popularity hinges on him being /mlp/‘s dedicated artist. He’s okay, but he’s certainly not the best.

The fact that the best thing this fandom can actually end up putting out game wise is an EqG R34 visual novel is immensely sad.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Trickquestion  
In fact, it really disturbs me how often those close to her go nuts.

If you take the people really close to her(not just those in her inner circle, who are there by virtue of being useful to her) everyone of them is or has gone crazy.

Twilight, Sunset, Luna! Hell, I bet Discord was an okay guy before Celestia met him!

And Sombra went mad from the thousand-year imprisonment.

Which seems like an extreme punishment for being a jerk. And possibly illegal by somebody’s law.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide