The G2 & G3 Appreciation Thread

guidomista
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Artist -

MEEsta not MISSta
OOO I LIKE THIS THREAD A LOT!! too many people hate on the older gens when really theyre Mostly not all that bad!  
i think people just dont like it because its not the same characters they know and love, and because theres not as much typical fantasy stuff to balance out the “girlier” plotlines

i really love the g3 artstyle too, my favourite is g1/g1.5, but g3 is nice in my opinion because they look much more like horses than FIM
guidomista
Artist -

MEEsta not MISSta
i also really LOVE the designs for g3!! theyre so vibrant, and the hair has a lot of variety, and more colours and all! i even like a lot of the designs a bit more than fim

full

im looking at getting this girl for myself rn!
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@guidomista

You said it. The G3 toys look great, and arguably have the most detailed symbols/cutie marks of all the gens so far. Hasbro may have taken a radical turn with with G2, but G3 was sort of like MLP going back to its roots. I think G3 was a nice tribute to the original G1 line albeit with some modest updates. All in all they are some lovely looking ponies.

(oh, and if you like G1, come join us at the G1 Appreciation Thread)
guidomista
Artist -

MEEsta not MISSta
dont gimme wrong i LOVE minty, but i do wonder why she seems to be one of the most like.. widely appreciated (if thats a good way to explain it?) g3 ponies that hasnt been brought back as a primary character rn?
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
I found one of these at the flea market yesterday, and was just thinking how neat it would be to have an Easter egg hunt for ponies instead of eggs. Anyway, Happy Easter y’all.

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide